• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
    What do you guys think about the Dracoslayer archetype? What about Pendulum Summoning all together? I know that they're nothing new, but I'm making conversation.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    What do you guys think about the Dracoslayer archetype? What about Pendulum Summoning all together? I know that they're nothing new, but I'm making conversation.

The Dracoslayer line is weird, personally I'm not a huge fan of it. Though I do like teching in some in Dinomist sometimes. Oh yeah, they also gave us Dinomist, which I like though the Dracoslayer sub-types could've existed without.

As for pendulums. I haven't really liked them, I don't like using them in Deskbots unless I feel like I need too, same with Lunalights. Dinomist I like for some odd reason. Every other pendulum deck doesn't really do anything for me. I want to play Performapals, but can't figure them out, and the mix of scales and effect monsters seems like a mess. Some pendulums decks and effects are ridiculous though, so I can understand how some want the mechanic to go away. Even though pendulum level swarming existed before (Blackwings.. imo).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    So like I'm new to the forum, but not to Yugioh, and I was wondering what you guys think I should use in my Burning Abyss deck, because of the cheapness of the cards, except Beatrice and Dante Traveler. I had planned to run two Anti-Spell Fragrances, three Twin Twisters, and a Raigeki, which I don't believe is too bad, since ASF is great against Pendulums but not great for a wallet so what do you guys think on the matter?

Years
    Wow I haven't posted here since forever. Honestly I just have a really hard time keeping any interest in Yugioh anymore. I feel like the new archetypes and pendulums ruined it completely. My friend made a Kozmo deck and there is absolutely nothing I can do against it with any of my decks. I destroy 1 2.5k attack monster and he just summons another one and its eff goes up that usually let's it destroy something on my field. And there is pretty much nothing you can do to beat them save using banishing cards (and the only 2 reliable ones are limited atm). And most people use these OP decks right now, it's stupid.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    So like I'm new to the forum, but not to Yugioh, and I was wondering what you guys think I should use in my Burning Abyss deck, because of the cheapness of the cards, except Beatrice and Dante Traveler. I had planned to run two Anti-Spell Fragrances, three Twin Twisters, and a Raigeki, which I don't believe is too bad, since ASF is great against Pendulums but not great for a wallet so what do you guys think on the matter?
    Since pendulums got hit, I'd probably side the ASFs, but only if you can get them. They're really only good against Monarchs right now, and there's definitely other options against them. Twisters are definitely good though.

They were pretty good, but ever since Luster and Face-Off got hit, they've lost some steam. I made a fun Lord of the Red Dracoslayer deck, but it's kinda bad now, not that it was ever good haha.

Wow I haven't posted here since forever. Honestly I just have a really hard time keeping any interest in Yugioh anymore. I feel like the new archetypes and pendulums ruined it completely. My friend made a Kozmo deck and there is absolutely nothing I can do against it with any of my decks. I destroy 1 2.5k attack monster and he just summons another one and its eff goes up that usually let's it destroy something on my field. And there is pretty much nothing you can do to beat them save using banishing cards (and the only 2 reliable ones are limited atm). And most people use these OP decks right now, it's stupid.
    I agree, the meta-rogue gap is really steep these days. It's really difficult to get over Kozmo unless you're playing one of the top decks. That's exactly why I ended up picking up Kozmo lol.

countryemo

Years
    I don't know what I'm doing. I'm now trying to just build decks on YGOPro, which I probably will end up not using. Working on Earthbound Immortals (finished-ish, haven't really played), Speedroids, Cyber Dragons, Iron Chains, Rank 8 Kaijus. I'll probably play none of it. xD

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years

I never use meta decks if I wanna play against me

also turns out all the Infernity cards are still banned, but I've managed to get the deck quite consistent. Either I fuck up royally or my opponent gets rekted. Also volcanic damage spam works very well against pendulum spam

Years
    I never use meta decks if I wanna play against me

Sure thing. I still have you added on Skype so I guess I can just message you when I feel like dueling.

Also I decided to add an anime only card called Power Wall into my Wight deck for fun to see what happens. I think I know why this never became a card now.

Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Also managed to get all 3 Philosopher's Stones into the grave once to use their effect, too bad the AI just happened to have a Honest in hand to counter my 22k ATK King of the Skull Servants.

Years
    *Swoons* Number 24 is so lovely. Its artwork slays me and I also like its effect. Those Cardian cards are so bleh, though. The Collector's Pack sets keep getting worse imo. Imma need more DM cards that aren't printed yet in the next Collector's Pack, like Varon's, Amelda's, and Sieg's cards.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
    Guys! This card was just on the TV show and it's awesome! I can't wait till it comes to OGC!

Behold the mighty Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon.
    Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

It's like an upgraded form of Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon!
    The Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki said:
    2 Level 5 monsters

If this card has a "Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon" as Xyz Material, it gains these effects.
    ● Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 Level 5 or higher monster your opponent controls; its ATK becomes 0, and if it does, this card gains ATK equal to that monster's original ATK. These changes last until the end of this turn.
    ● During either player's turn, when a card or effect that would destroy a card(s) is activated: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 Xyz Monster from your Graveyard, and if you do, negate that effect.

Also, we have a new Rank-Up-Magic! It's not specific to an archetype, but it's made for "The Phantom Knights" or a "Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon".

Here's Rank-Up-Magic The Phantom Knights of Launch.
    Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki said:
    Target 1 face-up Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 monster that is 1 Rank higher than that target, by using that target as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to that target also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster.) If you targeted a "The Phantom Knights" Xyz Monster or "Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon" you control: You can attach this card to the Summoned monster as Xyz Material. During your Standby Phase, if you control the Xyz Monster Special Summoned by this effect and this card is in your Graveyard: You can target that Xyz Monster; attach this card to it as Xyz Material.

Awesome, huh? So apparently, the four dimensional dragons will have "upgraded forms". We have Crystal Wing Syncro Dragon, and Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon. The remaining ones are Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, and the mysterious Starve Venom Fusion Dragon. Thoughts?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    24's artwork is pretty interesting, I think it's the background more than anything. Now we need a deck that can actually make R6.

The new DRXD looks pretty cool. Wish it's first effect was all monsters though. Not sure if it's part of the anime, but the Phantom Knight Dark Rebellion synergy is kinda weird, I thought it was just coincidence that DRXD was the best target for Break Sword, but it's explicitly listed here that they're connected.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
    24's artwork is pretty interesting, I think it's the background more than anything. Now we need a deck that can actually make R6.

The new DRXD looks pretty cool. Wish it's first effect was all monsters though. Not sure if it's part of the anime, but the Phantom Knight Dark Rebellion synergy is kinda weird, I thought it was just coincidence that DRXD was the best target for Break Sword, but it's explicitly listed here that they're connected.
    Yeah, it's anime stuff. There's this guy name Yuto who has a "Phantom Knights" Deck and uses Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon. Other than that, they have no relationship.
    Spoiler:

Also, YGOPRO now has an IOS app!

countryemo

Years
    Ehh, I wish the new Dark Rebelion was easier to make. I mean is there way without the Rank Up? and Level 5's ofcourse. But this could very well make its way into my Gagaga deck.

No. 59 would be better if it didn't require the monster to hit the graveyard, still might be nice in Boxers.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Ehh, I wish the new Dark Rebelion was easier to make. I mean is there way without the Rank Up? and Level 5's ofcourse. But this could very well make its way into my Gagaga deck.

No. 59 would be better if it didn't require the monster to hit the graveyard, still might be nice in Boxers.
    you need DRXD as material though, so I don't think Gagagas are the best way to bring it out

countryemo

Years
    you need DRXD as material though, so I don't think Gagagas are the best way to bring it out

Gosh darn it, my mind slipped. Damn, so I guess you need the / a rank up or the one magician that makes ranks levels. Wth Konami, why is Crystal Wing generic but this is locked down. Maybe 2 level 5 DARK monsters would been better?

Is this confirmed effects or going off the anime?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    It looks like it's anime for now, so it could get buffed, as the original DRXD did upon its OCG/TCG release.

apart

A bitter-sweet kiss
    Years
    Username: Apart
    Favorite Card: Monster reborn
    Do you watch the anime, play the TCG, both, or neither? Yes. Both.
    I have watched some of season one, completed GX & 5ds. I currently watch Arc V.. I think it's awesome. I do also play the trading card game, but it has been off and on for a while now.

Years
    Have been picking up Amorphages lately. Pretty fun deck to use if you can get past its inconsistencies. Too bad most people rage quit as soon as they see what you are playing (doesn't surprise me that people hate the archetype, their Pendulum effects are pretty strong), so for the most part I just play versus AI in Ygopro.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I pulled an Amorphage Sloth so I was looking into the deck. Does seem pretty inconsistent haha

Username: Apart
    Favorite Card: Monster reborn
    Do you watch the anime, play the TCG, both, or neither? Yes. Both.
    I have watched some of season one, completed GX & 5ds. I currently watch Arc V.. I think it's awesome. I do also play the trading card game, but it has been off and on for a while now.
    Welcome to the club!

Years
    I pulled an Amorphage Sloth so I was looking into the deck. Does seem pretty inconsistent haha

Yep. 4 out of 8 monsters can't be Pendulum summoned because they are outside the 3-5 scale, but these have the strongest Pendulum effects so you want a lot in your deck, and then it's mainly the reverse with others, so its kinda tricky making it consistent without ruining their strenght.

They do have very powerful control over the game if you di manage to set up your field up though, mainly you gain massive card advantage, a ton of 2.5k+ beaters (because their spells and traps stack :D ) that you can resummon every turn, and your opponent suffers from 3 negative effects.

Also honestly I feel like the Dracoverlord boss monster is overrated. Its Fusion, Synchro and Xyz eff negation isn't really good since all Amorphages prevent their summons anyway and second effect is useless in the deck. It doesn't gain the ATK and DEF bonuses from spells either, and the trap will make him lose them. I would rather keep my Amorphage monsters in case my opponent somehow regains control.

Btw if you want I can post my current deck. Prob not the best Amorphage deck out there though :P .

Back