• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Welcome to the club Honest! Nice to see you @2 /badjokehaha

Huh? ...(thirty seconds later)... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! xD

I was thinking I could activate Warning to the summon, according to the first clause, "When a monster(s) would be Summoned". I know I can't activate it in response to the activation of the Gate effect, but I thought I'd be able to when the monster hits the field, like an Xyz summon, etc. But I'd assume I'm wrong since it didn't work out that way haha.

Aha! That's exactly why it wouldn't work, and that's also the only reason why Black Horn of Heaven can only work on inherents. The summon is a part of the card's effect, and if you can't negate that effect, then you also can't negate the summon, which is part of the effect that you can't negate. If that were possible, then people would have less of a reason to run Solemn Warning, since Black Horn would be the infinitely superior card.

Meadow

Years
    I'm thinking of cutting my double Controller/Undine to one each, and adding maybe one, possibly two Neptabyss. It's a decent card.

I honestly haven't decided what I want to cut out yet, but I definitely need this card haha. Here's an interesting OTK that I just read about involving Neptabyss:

Spoiler:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I honestly haven't decided what I want to cut out yet, but I definitely need this card haha. Here's an interesting OTK that I just read about involving Neptabyss:

Spoiler:

Eh. Running Attack Squad isn't something I'd like to do, cause drawing it would suck. Sure, it's discard material, but it's extra deck space space that's used, not to mention it'd require your opponent to have a blank board.

Meadow

Years
    Eh. Running Attack Squad isn't something I'd like to do, cause drawing it would suck. Sure, it's discard material, but it's extra deck space space that's used, not to mention it'd require your opponent to have a blank board.

Yeah, it seems that the OTK I read about was made for Atlantean decks with Mermails teched in, rather than the other way around. Regardless, the new cards were finally released on YGOPro today, so I'm gonna do a bit of testing before I decide what to cut out.

(I was just testing out the new Cyber Dragon support, and it was CRAZY. I completely forgot about Chimeratech Rampage Dragon... that thing plus Power Bond is brutal.)

Meadow

Years
    At first, I was confused because I thought you were talking about the Ice Barrier Brionac. Then, I realized that Nekroz existed and checked its price... O_O

Seriously, though. What the heck? xD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Brio's been rumored to have a 1 in 5 boxes ratio. That plus it's the foundation of the deck being the main searcher, which kinda sucks because you need to shell out enough for 3 if you want to play the deck. :/

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    At first, I was confused because I thought you were talking about the Ice Barrier Brionac. Then, I realized that Nekroz existed and checked its price... O_O

Seriously, though. What the heck? xD
    Thats something I don't like. Ice Barrier Brionac and Trishula are banned, and Konami thinks we should bring back the cards at 3 with Nekroz in front instead.

So happy YGOPro finally updated though.

Meadow

Years
    Thats something I don't like. Ice Barrier Brionac and Trishula are banned, and Konami thinks we should bring back the cards at 3 with Nekroz in front instead.

Pretty much, but they've gotta make their money somehow, hahaha. xD

So happy YGOPro finally updated though.

Yes, me too! They finally added a Burning Abyss deck for the AI as well. (And the Bujin AI deck got a lot more annoying, lol.)

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Screw Nekroz. My friend got super lucky and pulled two from single packs. The luck this idiot of a friend has ughhhhh. Anyway, what do you guys think about Yosenjus and Ritual Beasts?

countryemo

Years
    I haven't really looked into Yosenjus, but my brother likes them, says their great. I really like the look of Ritual Beast, but I can not understand how to use them. Plays too confusing for me. :P

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I haven't really looked into Yosenjus, but my brother likes them, says their great. I really like the look of Ritual Beast, but I can not understand how to use them. Plays too confusing for me. :P
    Ritual Beasts are basically Gladiator Beasts on crack, if I remember right. Yosenjus are ridiculous only because they swarm without special summoning. My Vanity's is useless against them ;-;

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I've actually been playing Ritual Beasts irl, I like 'em, but I understand they can be a bit aggravating to sit through with all the recursion plays.

Yosenjus are pretty interesting with the ability to play all those backrow. Bouncing back to the hand during each End Phase leaves you pretty vulnerable though.

Meadow

Years
    I don't really have an opinion on Ritual Beasts yet, but I do kind of dislike how Konami approached Yosenjus. First and foremost, they are an anime archetype, and we all know that most anime archetypes prior to ARC-V get nerfed into uselessness by Konami (except for a few GX ones, because Konami apparently likes GX). I think Konami needs to give more attention to the archetypes that they purposely nerfed before giving the newer ones from the anime that much power.

But as for their playstyle, I guess they are pretty interesting.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I don't really have an opinion on Ritual Beasts yet, but I do kind of dislike how Konami approached Yosenjus. First and foremost, they are an anime archetype, and we all know that most anime archetypes prior to ARC-V get nerfed into uselessness by Konami (except for a few GX ones, because Konami apparently likes GX). I think Konami needs to give more attention to the archetypes that they purposely nerfed before giving the newer ones from the anime that much power.

But as for their playstyle, I guess they are pretty interesting.

Just curious, because I didn't see much of the anime after the original, what are some archetypes you're talking about?

Also, anyone see the new Red Eyes support?

Meadow

Years
    Just curious, because I didn't see much of the anime after the original, what are some archetypes you're talking about?

The ones that were nerfed? That would include almost anything you can think of from 5D's and Zexal that aren't named Blackwings. To name a few:

• Malefics
    • Earthbound Immortals
    • Junks
    • Synchrons
    • Stardust
    • Assault Modes
    • Signer Dragon Upgrades (Shooting Star, Red Nova, Life Stream, and Quasar)
    • Numbers (I know there are good Numbers out there, but a majority of the anime ones were nerfed really hard, including Utopia.)
    • Garbage Lords
    • Sharks and any Fish/WATER monsters that Shark used *sigh* (big shoutout to Aero Shark, Big Jaws, and Black Ray Lancer)
    • Gimmick Puppets
    • Chronomaly (to an extent)
    • Gagagas (to an extent)
    • Heck, even Blackwings were nerfed, but just not as hard as the others.

There was definitely a lot more (even some from the original series, such as Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon and The Winged Dragon of Ra), but it would take me forever to hunt down the rest, haha.

And yeah, I heard about the new (crazy-ish) Red-Eyes support. Not surprisingly, Konami chose to give massive support to yet another GX archetype. (Some people are probably thinking that Red-Eyes is a Joey thing, but it actually isn't. The more prominent Red-Eyes user is a GX character, and he actually uses it as an archetype rather than a standalone card.)

countryemo

Years

My brother uses the new support on YGOPro, I don't like it. I don't really understand either beacause I don't really pay attention in his turns since long combo's and all... I'm a bad player ok Dx. I didn't like it when he played White Stone of Legend with Blue Eyes, and Black Stone is even worse. Sigh, lol. And Red-Eyes fusion, fusing from the deck. Jeez.

Meadow

Years
    I noticed that the topic on the first page is still about the First Turn, No Draw rule, so I figured I might as well add a little bit of side discussion. (Feel free to continue discussing the new support, if you wish.) That being said...

What are your thoughts on Priority? Are you glad that Priority is gone, or would you like to see it back? Why or why not?

To those of you who aren't familiar with Priority, the old version of the rulebook does a pretty decent job at explaining it:

The Official Rulebook said:
    The turn player always starts with Priority, or the choice to activate a card first, in each phase or step of their turn. As long as the turn player has Priority, the opponent cannot activate cards or effects, except for effects that activate automatically, like Trigger or Flip effects.

The turn player can either:

• Use Priority to play a card or activate an effect OR
    • Pass Priority to the opponent so they can activate an effect.

A player must pass Priority to the opponent when moving on to the next phase or step. Strictly speaking, you would always declare that you're passing Priority before the end of every phase and step, and ask your opponent if they wish to play a card. However, for ease of play, announcing the end of your phases or steps implies giving up priority. Therefore, when announcing the end of a phase, your opponent can just say "Before the end of your phase, I activate this card" and use a card.

• The turn player starts with Priority to activate a card or effect first.
    • After a card's activation, and at the end of each phase or step, Priority passes to the opponent.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I don't think I've ever heard of this. So this shuts down stuff like reactive traps and Quick Effects completely when it's not your turn? Or it just prevents you from preemptively flipping stuff like Vanity's?

Back