• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I doubt we see meta changing as newer ones come

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Another thing banlist drastically changes the meta and make certain meta unplayable. Who knows what's gonna bail and ban few months

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Welcome KiaraKitsune! i love bth though

There are certainly a couple new archetypes that are interesting/gaining steam. I haven't looked into it myself, but I know some people were messing around with Sibyls/Prediction Princesses, combining them with Shadoll. Clownblade should also take off, if not as a deck, certainly as an engine. And I've been seeing a lot of people building Pendulum Magicians which could have a say in the meta, idk, I'm not the most familiar with a lot of these things.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Ignights, Aromages, 'Magician', Performage, Kozmo, Prediction Princess's, Speedroid, AquaActress, Greydle, Majispector, PSYframe. Did I miss anything? Not to mention all the legacy support, some that basically made a archetype out of old cards.

Honestly, probably won't play most of the new stuff, I like it, but nothings that really calling me out.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Guys, the new banlist is finally here! :D

YGOrganization said:
    Forbidden
    Djinn Release of Rituals
    Lavalval Chain

Limited
    Shurit, Strategist of the Nekroz
    Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Semi-Limited
    Atlantean Dragoons
    Dragon Ravine

Unlimited
    Glow-Up Bulb
    Sinister Serpent
    Dark Strike Fighter
    Sacred Sword of Seven Stars
    Temple of the Kings
    Exchange of the Spirit

Trishula, Dragoons, Temple of the Kings, and especially Glow-Up Bulb all make me really happy, but I kinda wish they did a little more with the hitting. Oh well, not that it matters too much! (I hope...)

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    laval chain was used quite a lot recently and therefore rest in peace laval chain.
    Sinister serpent was bans decades ago due to returning nonsense, but that's not the issue anymore since we got cards to handle those.
    I remember Dark Strike fighter was limited/ban due to using leftover monsters to finish off the opponent including itself. I'm glad the ban is over for it

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Not sure why Serpent was originally banned, but the erratas make it and DSF pretty tame. I'm just wondering why Chain was hit when Djinn was the problem. Maybe they're anticipating Clownblade to be absurd.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Years
  • Serpent was there when Special Summon was rare so it worked as a wall, especially in combo with other defensive cards, and maintain +1 each turn. In fact, it was the errata that freed Serpent right now.

The highlight of this list, for me, is the ban of Djinn and Chain, I hope I can expect a much healthier meta now. I, for one, am siding with Konami on banning Chain as it's the core of many game breaking loops.

As a HERO player I wished they'd unban Stratos or Super Poly, but I guess it was too much to ask, anyway, at least my deck got no hits. The changes I'd probably make to my deck is adding Veiler since it works well with Instant Fusion to make Trishula, Veiler serves a double function as hand trap too, I hope it works out.

Finally, while I'm not fully satisfied by this list, I think they did a great job and I appreciate it, at least I prefer theirs than ARG's and it's practically impossible to stop people from moaning everytime the list comes.

Last edited:

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I was hoping startos redeem itself along with super poly. Your right back then Serpent was just a filler and nuisance, but now Konami think it's no longer an issue

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I'm just wondering why Chain was hit when Djinn was the problem. Maybe they're anticipating Clownblade to be absurd.

I'm not sure if you saw this on YGOrganization already, but I think this might be a decent explanation:

YGOrganization said:
    To look more into the Lavalval Chain reason, you have to evaluate, what does Lavalval Chain do that other cards do not? Surely, if Foolish Burial doesn't need to be banned and Mathematician can be at 3, this card doesn't need to be out-right banned? Infernity doesn't do much, and the Oni-FTK is still completely possible with the card Forbidden let alone at one (as stated in the question, the correct hit is Daigusto Emeral to 1) so what's going on here? Even Djinn is banned!

Well, the answer to this is simple: Lavalval Chain dumps Spell and Trap Cards.

It has started off rather slow with Breakthrough Skill and I'm sure we all see Clownblade on the horizon (still a Deck, by the way), but Blaze Accelerator Reload and Galaxy Cyclone have really buffed this particular part of Lavalval Chain, completely ignoring its topdecking ability. As we move forward, we can see things like the upcoming Red Cocoon as well. Lavalval Chain is a Rank 4 Effect Veiler, MST, or even Raigeki in a Volcanic engine Deck. This is what separates it from the pack of Mathematician and friends. It's a unique and ever increasingly powerful buff that while seldom abused, was just asking for it.

SOURCE

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing Foolish Burial at 2 in the future, but the chances aren't that great I guess. xD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I can't say I've honestly seen a BTS or Cyclone dump. The main argument seems to be Volcanics, which, as we've seen in the past format, doesn't appear to be the most threatening deck played. At the same time, the hit in part seems to be preemptive, but I'd have thought that's a slightly less frequent occurrence; we usually get a format or two before problem cards are weeded out. And even then I'd think it'd have to be objectively game breaking to warrant a preemptive hit, and I don't think Chain is that.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Yeh I might have to give up on infernity now. Sad since I had half finished the irl deck of it :(

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Yeh I might have to give up on infernity now. Sad since I had half finished the irl deck of it :(

Does the Lv. Chain ban really hurt Infernity that much? I don't know a lot about the deck except I think your not supposed to have a hand.

So I'm going to try out Aqua Actresses at-least online, but it seems pretty cheap irl too if I like them. I like the attack boosting powers. I kinda want to try out Prediction Princesses, though I might wait till Pot of Taboos release is closer.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I guess laval chain is a problem on major decks

Back