• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Clueless Teachers

Lazer

Geek in the Pink
Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    At school, though it's not allowed, everyone "secretly" smokes electronic cigarettes in class hiding behind a pile of notebooks or whatever. A lot of the teachers never notice, which is good for the students in a way, but I get the feeling that the teachers are unqualified sometimes with their heads always buried in a textbook and copying things onto a board. In an AP class with a knowledgeable teacher, nobody even the biggest druggies dare talk about anything inappropriate. It's not because of their strictness, but it's because they don't cover their eyes with a book. How are the teachers at your school?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    My school doesn't let that stuff fly. I come from a state where tobacco chew is really big, and a lot of guys (and girls!) use it and there have been TONS of issues about it being used in school. It's strictly forbidden, which I'm glad for because it's revolting. Of course, kids in my school still do it.

My school isn't big on drugs though. Most kids (read: most) are smart enough to not use it during school hours. Except 4/20. Last year when I walked into the front hallway it smelt like a dealer's house. It wasn't pretty.

Years
  • My friend had one professor who just told people to watch the videos he gives to the students for notes and in lectures he just tells students which video to watch then end the lecture right there so you didn't even have to come to "lectures." You could use internet and textbook for exams.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • I have teachers who arnt even THEIR halve the time. teachers(and students) who sneaks at teh back of the school to smoke cigs and weed. seniors who act like grade schoolers.
    all in all. My school is big on drugs,clueless teachers, and fights though it has gotten better this year...

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Well, seeing as e-cigs are 100% healthy and very, very good for you - esp. if you have asthma - unless they have nicotine, I'd say none of the teachers at your school are "knowledgeable". *cough*

If you mean whether or not they're any the wiser, one of my teachers in middle school would get you for anything - despite the fact that every day he would smoke right outside our classroom with the blinds undone so we could see him do it.

#uglytruth

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • E-cigs do have nicotine. So they aren't 100% healthy, just a healthier alternative. Me and alot of other guys used to chew tabacco in my english class. We would just hide a empty water bottle in our jackets or backpacks. She had to know we did that, half the time we didn't even try to hide it. I don't think teachers are clueless, they just don't care.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I believe I touched a topic on tobacco (hazards) smoking earlier when I first arrived, koff~

I don't know. I think that while some teachers 'don't notice' it's not that they don't notice, it's just that they really do not have all the time in the world to tell you what to do. Taking time from others and disrupting other student's learning opportunities is something they have to keep in mind.

Not to mention the paper work they have to fill out (if they have any) and that takes time. I believe that it should be kept out of the classrooms regardless, because it is a distraction. I can hardly resist spinning the cylinder of a revolver because of that unique and wonderful 'sveeeizzzzz' sound, but I think even without the receiver and all the working parts the noise would annoy some people, just like the fake smoke annoys others.

Protip: buy some liquid smoke. Pour in enemy backpacks while no one is looking. Great stuff, liquid smoke. Make sure you get the clear kind. I once poured some on one of my family member's cat. Why? Would you rather smell cat litter? Or hickory smoke? Hmmmmm. That's not a tough choice for me, koffi~

Years
  • Teachers are usually overworked and underpaid and some of them just stop caring.

Plus, depending on what age we're talking about, some teachers have the attitude of "You're (nearly) an adult. You can make your own bad decisions."

But, yeah, not necessarily oblivious or anything. You try to teach 30 people something and see if you can catch everyone who is doing something when your back is turned.

Years
    • Seen today
    I just want to be able to put headphones in, most teachers are okay with this.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • My 7th grade English teacher wasn't clueless, she just didn't care as long as we all got our work done. Because of this, that class was awesome. I remember sitting next to the class clown, he was always screwing around and cracking jokes, while I tried to control my laughter. One day I brought in an empty pen tube and a bunch of airsoft BB's, which fit perfectly in the tube, and kept shooting them like a blowgun at someone I knew across the room. At some point, some girl got in the way and I ended up shooting her instead. Whoops... But then the class clown I mentioned wanted to see it, so I gave him it. He immediately stuck it into his nose and tried to shoot it like that. Instead, a big thing of snot came dripping out of the end. I was pretty much dieing of laughter at that moment. Good times. XD

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • a lot of my teachers i have currently in college mostly just care about teaching the class and don't care what you do inside or outside of class as long as you're passing their class. and if you're not passing, well.. it's college. that rests on the students shoulders, not the teachers. most of my teachers usually end class like 15 minutes early, to be honest. except for my math teacher and my english teacher, they usually go the whole time. but my other two teachers tend to end class early.

but uh, yeah. i dunno

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Try and put yourself in the shoes of the teacher to try and get a different perspective on the issue.

It's difficult trying to pass knowledge on to students that don't care and feel disenfranchised. Especially with the lack of funds and proper training.

Back