• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Colour and color

What spelling standard do you use?

• The British Way.

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • The American Way.

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • The Canadian Way. A mixture of BOTH the British and the American Way.

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • I don't even know anymore.

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    I prefer using COLOUR but I don't really think it matter so much that it would just end up causing a world calamity and the apocalypse of the entire universe over ONE EXTRA LETTER.

Years
    I'm in Australia and they use the British spellings, so yeah it's colour in my case. I may use the American spelling if I am conversing with members from the US, so yeah all depends.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I've read so many things online in British English that I picked it up.

In school, I write my notes in British English except for English class, hehe.

Shhmew

Years
    I live in the US and I just spell it the American way. When I was younger I liked the British way better, so I used it, but it confused people and I just felt pretentious so I stopped. .__.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I spell it as colour, I put the 'u' in similarly spelled words like flavour, favourite, etc. also. I'm American but I had a friend a long time ago who was Canadian, and the way she spelled it seemed to stick with me. Oh well. :p

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    I try to stick to the Commonwealth spelling since I'm Australian, but I occasionally use American spellings of words. Then again, English is not my first language, and my family isn't from the UK, so I don't really feel the need to favour British spellings.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    Colour, favourite, centre, theatre, etc.
    ^ Those are what look right to me. That's how I grew up spelling them.

I also can't stand spellings like "donut" and "tonite". It just bothers me for some reason.
    It's "doughnut" and "tonight".

Back