• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
ok, I finished budew! yay. it's level 100.

2pq1chw.png

Final turn. it's over at this point.

33jqzyu.png

just for kicks

also hall of fame

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Me want sign-in.

Username: Blastin'TyruntZ
Pokemon of Choice: Finally, a chance to use Serperior and he wouldn't die! Yep,picking Serperior.
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Pokemon Black

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
Challenge:
Challenge:
Spoiler:

Pokémon Pearl screens:
Spoiler:

Pokémon Pearl HM Slaves:
Spoiler:

Today, I remembered Volkner just how fun it is to battle by KOing all his Pokémon with one Earthquake.

Got an extra Bibarel since those are really good slaves. Duddy has retired.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Yeah I'll give this a go! And since you can use anything available, I'm gonna have a LOT of fun with this one...

Challenge Entry:
Username: HeroesAndCons
Challenge: Standard
- Game chosen: Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon: Mewtwo

I doubt this will actually be any difficult, except for how much EXP he needs to level up... but hey. Let's have some fun!

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Finally finished Fire Red!
Had a lot of fun with it, and it was a good challenge too!
Overall I had the most trouble with Ground Types, especially Rock/Ground Types. With Ampharos' shallow move pool in the 3rd gen games I had nothing to hit them.
I only beat Bruno's Onixs and my rival's Rhydon in the Elite Four because of X-attacks making my Mega Punches and Secret Powers do enough damage to 2-3 hit KO them.
I'll be starting Emerald soon :)

Challenge
Spoiler:

Badges
50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png
50px-Thunder_Badge.png
50px-Rainbow_Badge.png
50px-Soul_Badge.png
50px-Marsh_Badge.png
50px-Volcano_Badge.png
50px-Earth_Badge.png

Gym Leaders & Pokémon League
Spoiler:
181.gif

Maybelline
Level 76 | Female | Hardy
Thunder Punch | Mega Punch | Secret Power | Shock Wave​

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Username: Couriway
Pokemon of Choice: Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert ( I patched the evolving thing )
Game(s): FireRed :3

Log 1:

• Started the game, and chose the female character. Named her Zero.
  • Went and got my Mudkip. Named him Finn. He's mild, I won the battle with Green fairly quick, and headed to Route 1.
  • Battled a few Pokémon on the way to Viridian. The EXP leveled me up to Lv.7.
XE8Biwb.png

• I got the parcel, and I headed back. I gained another level. Now, Finn's level 8. I'm in front of Oak's lab, ready to give him the parcel.

Aand that's it for the first log. I'll be doing a lot more next time :)

Last edited:

Etherion

Pokemon LeafGreen Solo-Latios Run (Update #2)

Current Badges:

Spoiler:

Latios Status:

latios.gif

Nickname: Cobalt
Type: Dragon|Psychic
Level: 32
Nature: Docile
Moves: Psywave|Protect|Dragonbreath|Safeguard

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Log 2

• I easily go through Route 1, and it's Pokémon. I reach Viridian City, pick up some antidotes, and head to the forest. The old man catches a Weedle, and I progress. I also catch a slave Pidgey for Fly use later, which I had named "SLAVE1".

• Finn gained quite a few levels in Viridian Forest, but he gets poisoned a lot because of the Weedles. But he did learn Water Gun! I've only got 2 Potions and Antidotes left D:

• I reach the end, I buy some more Potions, and head for the Pewter Gym. Seriously, I sweeped this gym with Finn. With Water Gun, Finn OHKO'd the whole gym, including Brock. I go to heal and that's where log 2 ends.

Party

Spr_3e_258.gif

Finn
Level 15 | Male | Mild
Tackle | Bide | Mud Slap | Water Gun

Spr_3f_016.png

SLAVE1 (Slave)
Level 3 | Male | Naive
Tackle | ???? | ???? | ????​

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Update!

Trainer Name: Raphael
Badges Collected: 3
Current Location: Route 9
Next Objectives:
- Reach and traverse Rock Tunnel
- Reach Celadon City

Solo Pokemon:
150.png

Specie: Mewtwo - Level 34
Nickname: Mordecai
Current Moveset: Confusion / Psychic / Thunderbolt / Bubblebeam
Current Stats:
HP - 130
Att - 93
Def - 83
Spd - 103
Spc - 124

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #3: Poliwrath - Leaf Green
These challenges always go so fast. Though I guess that's why I don't really get bored with solo runs.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
62.png

Jean-Bob the Timid Poliwrath (M) @ Lv.91
Ability: Damp
Brick Break
Earthquake
Surf
Body Slam

Oh, and before I forget. My next solo run:
Username: Buzz Buzz
Pokémon: Blastoise
Game: Blue

Tek

Years
Challenged Koga at Lv 66. Muk was a tricky one to beat, as usual. Got the Surf an Strength HMs in Fuschia and taught both to Skipper.

Challenged Blaine at Lv 70, easy peasy pumpkin pie. Lv 72: Went straight to Viridian and smashed up Giovanni's gym. OHKO'd everything but the Nidos. Replaced Giga Drain with Earthquake.

Lv 73: Beat Rival Kite again. Venusaur was a tough cookie, but a couple of Screeches made it nice and squishy. Lv 81: attempted E4 challenge. Lorelei's Dewgong is just barely too strong to OHKO, and Valens can't stand up to her Ice Beam. Heading to the Sevii Islands for some additional training.

Valens the Vibrava
Hasty Female Lv 81
Dragonbreath/Rock Slide/Earthquake/Screech

Skipper the Squirtle
Hasty Male Lv 7
Strength/Tail Whip/Bubble/Surf

Lil' Buddy the Meowth
Naughty Female Lv 12
Cut/Flash/Growl/Bite

Nav Man the Fearow
Gentle Male Lv 21
Fly/Leer/Fury Attack/Pursuit

Years
Used random generator and it came up with arcanine so I'll go with that.

username: DaveT
pokemon: Arcanine
Challenge: single
game: firered

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Update!

Trainer Name: Raphael
Badges Collected: 4
Current Location: Lavender Town
Next Objectives:
- Save Silph Co. from Team Rocket.
- Reach Fuchsia City.

Solo Pokemon:
150.png

Specie: Mewtwo - Level 46
Nickname: Mordecai
Current Moveset: Confusion / Psychic / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
Current Stats:
HP - 177
Att - 128
Def - 117
Spd - 142
Spc - 172

Tek

Years
Left Sevii islands at Lv 84. Used my last two rare candies.

Valens did a great job against Lorelei's team... Except for Lapras. On the third try, my Dire Hit kicked in and the thing went down.

All of Bruno's team went down with one Earthquake, except Machamp, because I had Valens use Screech first :]

Agatha was one tough (old) cookie. Between Toxic and Curse, I only won by spamming Full Restores.

I got pretty lucky against Lance. I used X-accuracy, Dire Hit, and Guard Spec while his Gyarados was out. Screeched Gyarados, used Rock Slide. Both Dragonair went down with a single Dragonbreath, to my surprise. Then came Dragonite. The first Rock Slide made it flinch, the second was a critical. I am almost certain that one Outrage would've done Valens in, but luckily I didn't have to find out.

When Rival Kite sent out Pidgeot, I beefed up Valens just like I did against Lance's Gyarados. The battle was cakewalk from there. Although his Venusaur did take two Screeches rather than one due to Arcanine's Intimidate. I guess one Screech might have worked, but I didn't chance it.

So at Lv 90, Valens was inducted into the hall of fame, along with the supporting cast and I.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
We finally beat Pearl!

Challenge:
Challenge:
Spoiler:

Pokémon Pearl screens:
Spoiler:

Pokémon Pearl HM Slaves:
Spoiler:

I tried it once at a lower level, but Lucians Alakazam was too fast and killed Earthburst every time. This time, I was approximately ten levels higher, used some X Defend and got Flamethrower on the moveset - which is now:
Return (replaces the Double-Edge that he usually has, since she wasn't Sturdy now)
Earthquake
Flamethrower (from the TM in Fuego Ironworks)
Rock Blast

I got quite lucky at Cynthia. I totally forgot about her final Milotic when spending my PP, and that one could have killed Earthburst with Surf if Return wouldn't have been a critical hit just that time.

I have already prepared a Black ROM, so I'll start that one soon.

Last edited:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #1: Blastoise - Blue
I'm going back to the 'roots', playing a 1st gen game and while the graphics do look terrible, it's nice to go back there sometimes. Though as far as movesets go, I feel really limited especially because I've been playing X a lot lately.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
9.png

Bowser the Blastoise @ Lv.47
Skull Bash
Bite
Bubble
Water Gun

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

Years
Username: Syndrome10
Pokemon of Choice: Cradily
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Single for now :)
Game(s): Pokémon Emerald

Okay, so I hacked Lileep as my starter instead of Mudkip and I lost my first battle against Zigzagoon, because the only move my Lileep knew was Astonish :/. But I haven't actually lost the battle as Zigzagoon fled when I had 3 HP :P. So after humiliating battle I trained to Lv7 with wild Poochyenas and Wurmples. I wanted to train more, but damn Lileep needs a lot of xp to level up. After that the boring story how I trash May, meet Norman, help Wally catch his first Pokémon, until I finally caught Zigzagoon and Shroomish for HM Flash, Cut, Surf and Rock Smash. But anyway, I defeated the first gym leader Roxanne with ease (Bullet Seed owns her). After that I arrived to deliver the letter to Steven at Dewford and I challenge Brawly, who slaughtered me at my first try, so I had to train until level 22. After the hard battle I came to Slateport City (I think?).

Update:
So it took only one night for me to beat the game with Cradily. :| I thought it would be more of a challenge, but anyway Lileep evolved somewhere near Meteor Falls. It was easy after he evolved, because during whole game, he was always overleveled (like from 10 to 40 levels). When I defeated Elite 4, Cradily was Level 97. Then I went to SS Tidal and Trick House for XP and Leftovers and he's now Level 100 Cradily!!!! I defeated Steven after that. Oh and I'm sorry for not posting any screens and I'm also sorry that I rushed thru really fast, it was my first run so forgive me :).

Screens:
I want to post screens, but weird PC rules won't let me until I have 15 posts and I'm not a freeposter, so... I will post screenies when I will have 15 posts.

Last edited:

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
Apparently it is impossible to trade eggs to Emerald, so I did Ruby instead. No screenies here because I played on cartridge :3

Final Mantine:
Spr_3e_226.gif

Blu-Ray lv. 68

Surf
Ice Bean
Waterfall (because Surf only had 24 PP)
Earthquake

Afterwards I trained my mini-me to the fabulous level 100 and transferred Mantine to X, and a backup of the save to my computer :)
bw19UXh.png
7MKEPtp.png

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Let's go!
Username: GucciMeme
Challenge: Single (I don't have XY)
Pokemon of Choice: Kyurem-Black
Game: Black 2

Optional Rules: No Healing items, but Revives where necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back