• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
  • FireRed Update 3:

Just a quick update for now. I might edit this later on.

-Cleared out the Rocket Base and obtained the Silph Scope.
    -Cleared out Pokemon Tower and received the Pokeflute from Mr. Fugi.

EDIT:
    Technically FireRed Update 4:

-Defeated Koga
    Spoiler:

-Revieved HM03 (Surf) and HM04 (Strength)
    -Cleared out Silph Co. and received the Master Ball... useless.
    -Defeated Sabrina
    Spoiler:

-Cleared out Pokemon Mansion
    -Defeated the seventh gym leader... Forget his name.
    Spoiler:

-Defeated Giovanni in his gym
    Spoiler:

-Arrived at the Indigo Plateau

184.gif

Conga
    Female
    Level 76
    Rash nature
    Huge Power
    Brick Break/Ice Beam/Rollout/Surf

Total Progress:
    FireRed (8/8) | Soul Silver (0/16) | Omega Ruby (0/8) | Pearl (0/8) | Black 2 (0/8) | X (0/8)​

Last edited:

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
    Years
  • FireRed Update 5:

-Defeated the Elite Four and the Champion
    Spoiler:

And that finishes FireRed. Since I'm getting Omega Ruby for Christmas, I'll probably be playing it for a good while before I continue with the solo run. I'll try to set up the next game soon, though I'm not sure which one.

184.gif

Conga
    Female
    Level 81
    Rash nature
    Huge Power
    Brick Break/Ice Beam/Rollout/Surf

Total Progress:
    FireRed | Soul Silver (0/16) | Omega Ruby (0/8) | Pearl (0/8) | Black 2 (0/8) | X (0/8)​

Years
  • While I am still being stuck at Fantina in my Lucario solo run I decided to do few more solo runs on various games since I haven't done them in a while ~

Username: AoTora
    Pokemon of Choice: Houndoom
    Challenge: Single
    Game(s): Gold
    [I might make this one gen 5 ultimate later on because I've already beaten FR with Houndoom and Houndoom is one of my favourite pokemon) - Currently training to defeat Chuck - for some odd reason this game goes by pretty fast lol - I only started it about two hours ago and I am at Chuck already XD

Pokemon of Choice: Emolga
    Game(s): White 2
    Gotta love that flying squirrel :3

Pokemon of Choice: Blaziken
    Game(s): Ruby
    I plan on doing all the starters eventually - I simply love using them.

Pokemon of Choice: Golem
    Game(s): FireRed
    Defeated Brock so far (Kinda decided to take a break from Houndoom solo run for now xD ) and he didn't give me much trouble thanks to Magnitude -but I am so not looking forward to Misty and Erika D:

I plan on doing a lot of legendaries soon too - I rarely have a chance to use them and I believe that legendary solos can be pretty fast xD

Years
  • Emerald Solo Complete
    Banette

The first few images I took went missing
    Spoiler:

Spr_3e_354.gif

Banshee @ Blackglasses | Level 82
    GhostIC.gif

Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Insomnia
    Faint Attack | Will-O-Wisp | Shadow Ball | Thunderbolt

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Finished Zapdos on Red.

Spoiler:

Tomorrow is Christmas, which I don't celebrate like a normal person.
    I celebrate it alone with a LOT of alcohol while my boyfriend visits his family.
    So I will be drunk while most likely doing a bunch of solo runs on various games. So you should expect a lot the day after. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Completed Houndoom solo run on Gold - the only problems I had were with Chuck where I had to grind for a while to get that flamethrower in order to 2ko that poliwrath of his. Now off we go to Magcargo solo run in Silver (Why magcargo? Because I have never used one before but the typing is interesting so it should be fun x3 ) Aanyways xD Some screenies:

[I defeated the elite 4 + champ twice just to get some levels for Red. I know that Red is not necessary but I wanted to battle him anyways because this was my first full playthrough of second gen games :3]

Spoiler:

Final stats:

229.gif

Cerberus|Male|Lvl 80|@Amulet Coin
    Crunch
    Flamethrower
    Faint Attack
    Shadow Ball​

I have too much time on my hands lol XD

Completed Lucario solo run on Platinum :3 Rampardos is next :3 Because it's one of my favourite fossil pokemon :3

Anyways hall of fame:

Spoiler:

Final stats:

448.gif

Anubis|Male|Mild Nature|Inner Focus|Lvl 81|@Fist Plate
    Dragon Pulse
    Foresight
    Aura Sphere
    Rock Climb​

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I woke up about 2 hours ago with a hangover already starting. But totally worth it. lol

Anyways, finished 10 solos on HeartGold. It's really weird that games don't get repetitive when I'm drunk.

Here's pics for all of them, I finished most of the legendaries, Ditto, and Blissey. I know I signed up Celebi, Ho-oh, and Lugia for Crystal, but I did them on HG instead.
    Spoiler:

EDIT: I should have added the levels.
    Spoiler:

Also, in the OP, you still have Blaziken in my challengers list even though I finished it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Completed Golem solo run :3 I had to restart the champion battle at least 15 times though because pidgeot was keep outspeeding me and using sand attack which lowered my accuracy - and with my luck it was next to impossible for rock slide to flinch opponents+gyarados was keep magically hitting hydro pump - but with a lot of luck I managed to do it and complete it!

The hall of fame:
    Spoiler:

Final team:

076.gif

Roxanna|Female|Bashful Nature|Sturdy|Lvl 71|@Quick Claw
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Double-Edge
    Rollout​

That sprite looks like she wants to hug you lmao xD

Kingler's gonna be up next - yet another pokemon I used only once during my runs through FR/LG :o

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Hello! I got a quick question. I'm going to take the Challenge soon, but the Pokémon I want to use is going to be traded from another game. It may be a silly question as other people do it, but is trading allowed? I'm playing this run on Omega Ruby, by the way.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • Hello! I got a quick question. I'm going to take the Challenge soon, but the Pokémon I want to use is going to be traded from another game. It may be a silly question as other people do it, but is trading allowed? I'm playing this run on Omega Ruby, by the way.

Trading is alright, just try to trade it in as soon as possible and at a low level :)

Years
  • Kingler solo completed on FireRed- Man was this one painful run in the end D: Champion battle was just stalling out on most pokemon - Two fire blasts would kill me and two psychics would kill me - Pidgeot always landed sand attack, I was keep missing, Fire Blasts were keep hitting and that darn coconut tree was keep putting me to sleep >_< But I maanged to do it - and I am pretty darn proud on completing it - I did grow to like Kingler a little bit though so I might just throw it into my regular run team if I decide to replay FR/LG with a team that doesn't have squirtle as a starter xD

Anyways hall of fame (after I think 15 tries when Charizard finally missed his fire blast and failed to kill me in two hits) =o :

Spoiler:

Final team:

099.gif

Patricia|Female|Modest Nature|Hyper Cutter|Lvl 71
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Strength
    Mud Shot​

I wanted to replace Surf with Crabhammer but I realized that I'd have to go to islands for doing that - and I didn't feel like visiting the islands lol Surf was ok too~

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Update #2: Arcanine - Leaf Green
    Spoiler:

Team:
    59.png

Diego the Relaxed Arcanine (M) @ Lv.88
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Extremespeed
    Dig
    Aerial Ace
    Flamethrower

Next Sign-up:
    Username: Buzz Buzz
    Pokémon: Charizard
    Challenge: Single (I'm coming pretty close to an ultimate with Charizard, what with all the single I've done with it. Only Black and X left, but who knows when I get around to doing them)
    Game: Platinum

Years
  • Had too much time in past few days so I did random Dewgong solo on FR xD It was a fun run but maybe I shouldn't have hacked it in on the place of charmander because my rival had blastoise and the only way I could defeat that was by spamming headbutt hoping for flinches x.x

The hall of fame:
    Spoiler:

Final team:

087.gif

Eli|Male|Mild Nature|Thick Fat|Lvl 70
    Headbutt
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Aurora Beam​

Completed Marowak solo on FR lmao xD I was bored earlier today so I got it done in one run xD

Hall of fame:
    Spoiler:

Final team:

105.gif

Bonnie|Female|Docile Nature|Rock Head|Lvl 72|@Thick Club
    Strength
    Focus Energy
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide​

I wanted to have some challenge so I decided to do Breloom solo run on Ruby- Let's just say that dragon and ghost elite 4 were pain to beat- they took me nearly two hours to beat x.x

The hall of fame:
    Spoiler:

Final team:

286.gif

Leah|Female|Modest Nature|Effect Spore|Lvl 64|@Miracle Seed
    Return
    Sky Uppercut
    Mega Drain
    Toxic​

I decided to complete as many of those as I can while I still have time before exams - so here is the blastoise solo run for FIreRed- it actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be - thankyou Ice beam!

The hall of fame:
    Spoiler:

Final team:

009.gif

Leo|Male|Impish Nature|Torrent|Lvl 68
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Surf
    Bite​

Last edited:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Update #1: Charizard - Platinum
    Spoiler:

Team:
    6.png

Jason the Naughty Charizard (M) @ Lv.44
    Ability: Blaze
    Slash
    Dragon Rage
    Wing Attack
    Flamethrower

HM Slave(s):
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Starting off legendary solo runs with Dialga on Diamond- This one was fun lol especially Dialga VS. Dialga fight xD

Hall of fame:
    Spoiler:

Final team:

483.gif

Safir|Genderless|Mild Nature|Pressure|Lvl 70
    Earth Power
    Dragon Pulse
    Flash Cannon
    AncientPower​

This one was one special attacking monster lol - Gotta love the moveset aswell :3 Too bad that I couldn't replace ancient power with different special attacking move due to it's love pp though :( I could add rock slide but I decided not to do so~

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Oh man, how have I not looked for something like this on this site sooner! I've been doing these for years now!

Alright, I think I'll just dump all my runs for your enjoyment?

I suppose all of these would be Single and not Ultimate challenges.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Username: Matthew Jay Reynolds
    Pokémon: Hoopa
    Game: Alpha Sapphire

I got permission from Lost Christmas to do this.
    I already started but I've only gotten to Oldale so I can get it. I'll update again soon (maybe).

Years
  • Decided to do Crawdnaut Solo on Sapphire because I never used Crawdnaut before :o

Completed Marowak solo on FR lmao xD I was bored earlier today so I got it done in one run xD

Hall of fame:
    Spoiler:

Final team:

342.gif

Patrick|Male|Bold Nature|Shell Armor|Lvl 61|@Sea Incense
    Surf
    Swords Dance
    Ice Beam
    Return​

Years
  • Username: idlephantom
    Pokémon: Magmar
    Game: gold

Going to try and complete it in one go

UPDATE
    though i might aswell just put in here finished it with my magmar called Ducky
    The pictures are of me beating red i thought this pic would cover me beating the game with magmar as cba to take loads of screenshots, and duckys moves and stats
    View attachment 74159

View attachment 74160

View attachment 74161

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back