• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Come on! Let's take a dive!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    They won't be taking out dive, I'm positive. It was a major part of RSE, and is one thing that them so special. Plus, it was mandatory in these games to get to some places, such as Sootopolis City. How would underwater look in 3D? I have no idea, haha. It'd probably look almost like any other place, but only with fish-eye view and dark blue tint.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I'd love to see diving return. I hope it isn't as boring as diving on the island in Animal Crossing New Leaf. I want to be able to see underwater, and I want to be able to battle Pokemon. Watch out for the Tentacool~

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    The 3D world could add a sense of depth, yes. Maybe when we reach a trench or so, they would ask if we would like to 'dive deeper'. And then it would be pitch dark and we need to use Flash as well to get around, and not get bumped by the random Pokémon. So much Shark potential XD

Years
    The new 3D graphics give Dive so much potential. In terms of the 'new' world that was advertised in the teaser, they could add an entirely new area that you need Dive to access. Complete with routes and a city, this deep-sea metropolis would contain various rare water pokemon and provide unique sidequests for the player to partake in.

Branching even further off the road of logical concepts, they could alter the plot to have Sootopolis destroyed due to the battles of Groudon and Kyogre, but with Dive, the player uncovers that most of Sootopolis is actually underwater. There, you fight the final gym leader and enter the legendary cave! Not likely to happen, but fun to speculate. n__n;

Years
    I always thought it was weird there were no trainers in the first place, and that you could only encounter Pokemon in the seaweed. What's up with that? Hopefully there's a little more atmosphere with Pokemon swimming around and maybe that's how you encounter them, and there's also trainers floating around, but optional so you aren't dragged into an underwater battle.
    Thats something that bugged me too, the underwater had a lot of potential to be a map expantion if there was some sort of battle submarine or something, I want to see an actual community underwater so it wont feel as empty as it was. And as someone else mentioned, having a new deep sea version of the sky battles with water pokemon exclusively would be perfect for that.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Diving was one of the best and unique parts of the game; why wouldn't it come back? ;) Although I do hope that we don't get trainers down there - it was quite nice to be all alone. Especially if they're like Sky Trainers and we can only battle them with Water Pokemon - I usually only have 1 with me at a time and it might even be a Dive/Surf HM slave so there's no way I could fight those trainers off.

Years
    It would be cool if you could swim with a wetsuit or scobagear or something, just for a sense of realism and an excuse for customization. I want to be able to customize my characters so I can have my character wear a swimsuit while using Dive.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I always thought it was weird there were no trainers in the first place, and that you could only encounter Pokemon in the seaweed. What's up with that? Hopefully there's a little more atmosphere with Pokemon swimming around and maybe that's how you encounter them, and there's also trainers floating around, but optional so you aren't dragged into an underwater battle.

A good potential path they can take is the path they took with the clay soil desert in Kalos having the Pokemon coming at us instead of us coming towards them.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    The new 3D graphics give Dive so much potential. In terms of the 'new' world that was advertised in the teaser, they could add an entirely new area that you need Dive to access. Complete with routes and a city, this deep-sea metropolis would contain various rare water pokemon and provide unique sidequests for the player to partake in.

Branching even further off the road of logical concepts, they could alter the plot to have Sootopolis destroyed due to the battles of Groudon and Kyogre, but with Dive, the player uncovers that most of Sootopolis is actually underwater. There, you fight the final gym leader and enter the legendary cave! Not likely to happen, but fun to speculate. n__n;

Or maybe, they could add part of Sootopolis underwater since we dont really have much of the entrance to Sootopolis but a cave :/ But yeah, seeing Underwater in 3D would be amazing!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    On the topic of this, something I don't quite understand is how diving in this sense works anyway - so your Pokemon can learn to dive, fine, but how does that help the trainer breathe underwater indefinitely? :P

Salzorrah

Years
    On the topic of this, something I don't quite understand is how diving in this sense works anyway - so your Pokemon can learn to dive, fine, but how does that help the trainer breathe underwater indefinitely? :P

Maybe they could like add a new item like the Go-Goggles that can let the player breath underwater for a long time and maybe give it maybe after battling Mossdeep Gym I suppose?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    Maybe they could like add a new item like the Go-Goggles that can let the player breath underwater for a long time and maybe give it maybe after battling Mossdeep Gym I suppose?

Oh, I like that idea. Yeah, something like that would make more sense than the diving animations we had in RSE.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
    Lets dive into the ocean!

So as you know in R/S/E we got to dive into the ocean with stunning graphics at that time but do you think they will take dive back? Do you think we'll get to explore a new underwater world since OR/AS got a new storyline?

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    LOL; watch Underwater Pokemon battles become the next touted "feature" of OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire, where the only eligible Pokemon are those Pokemon that can Dive and/or Water-type Pokemon. {XD}

I actually see this happening lol. like if they do add underwater battles, they'll obv change the battle background to be UW themed... I can't see anything other than water pokemon fighting if that's the case

Salzorrah

Years
    So what would you think will GF pull of with the scenery, will some Pokemon swim above you or something, would you have a chance to go slightly deeper, what would the camera angles would look like?

Years
    Actually, I'd like to see Team Aqua get an underwater headquarters, of which you visit towards the end of the game. It could be a giant, rusty submarine with the Aqua logo painted sloppily on the side. Once inside, the player is able to breath normally, so if timer mechanics were implemented, they wouldn't be a variable.

Salzorrah

Years
    Actually, I'd like to see Team Aqua get an underwater headquarters, of which you visit towards the end of the game. It could be a giant, rusty submarine with the Aqua logo painted sloppily on the side. Once inside, the player is able to breath normally, so if timer mechanics were implemented, they wouldn't be a variable.

What if instead you enter Team Aqua's base in a cave near Lilycove, maybe they can relocate it underwater?

Or leave it as it is but have another entrance underwater and maybe add postgame items like Megastones?

Back