• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Come on! Let's take a dive!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Well, I'm not exactly sure about that, but since we didn't have a natural route going through there, I speculate that we will need to Dive perhaps, go past Lilycove and wind up at the ominous place? I was thinking that the secret passage would be in the hideout, wherein you battle the admins.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think its obvious dive will be a feature again in oras. I guess I have mixed feelings about it though. I like going underwater and exploring, but if it comes back as an hm than it's just another hm I need my water team member to know for a while or have to keep switching on an hm slave onto my team. Nothing major just annoying really. I am excited to see it in 3d though.

Years
    Would be pretty cool if they added a mini-game or maybe just a simple puzzle in which you enter a crevice while underwater, like in between rock walls or something, and there's a field of coral and if you get through the colorful maze, a valuable and rare item lies at the end. Personally, I'd love that, and it would probably look gorgeous with the new graphics <3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Would be pretty cool if they added a mini-game or maybe just a simple puzzle in which you enter a crevice while underwater, like in between rock walls or something, and there's a field of coral and if you get through the colorful maze, a valuable and rare item lies at the end. Personally, I'd love that, and it would probably look gorgeous with the new graphics <3

You know what place that'll fit? Pacificlog town. Considering that the path ahead of the town has a lot of dive spots perhaps one can extend back to the town and we'll see the Corsola underneath the town for once.

Salzorrah

Years
    OMG YES. I think Pacifidlog Town needs more attractions considering it is a super out of the way town. You don't even need to go there during the storyline which is upsetting :/ How about having some underwater buildings under Pacifidlog? Tbh, I think it's more fitting in Sootopolis lmao xD;

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    OMG YES. I think Pacifidlog Town needs more attractions considering it is a super out of the way town. You don't even need to go there during the storyline which is upsetting :/ How about having some underwater buildings under Pacifidlog? Tbh, I think it's more fitting in Sootopolis lmao xD;
    Genius! It's said that Pacifidlog Town is home to a lot of divers. What if they hosted Dive Battles underneath Pacifildlog so that we can see more of the townspeople and have more of a reason to visit.
    I liked the idea behind sky battles but the thing that sucked about them was that they broke the flow of gameplay and couldn't be rechallenged after being beaten. This way you can get the challenge presented by the limits but you get to choose explicitly when you want to go for it. It's essentially a stand-alone Battle Frontier facility.

Salzorrah

Years
    Maybe they can have Pacifidlog Town a Battle Chateau-esque Town since we didnt have that luxury in RSE, if not counting Trainer Hill. I imagine dive battles be super awesome haha x3

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I don't think a Battle Chateau would really work unless it was like... a really small and less extravagant version. How could a large building like that float on top of a couple of logs? Maybe it could be on an island nearby? But honestly, I don't think every town "needs" an attraction. Pacifidlog had it's own charm, plus, you could argue that Rayquaza's tower was its "attraction" since you had to fly there to get to it.

In the original Pokemon Ranger there was also a floating town and a minigame that involved you capturing water Pokemon to fill your dex basically. I could see a small Water Safari Zone, if anything.

Years
    I don't think a Battle Chateau would really work unless it was like... a really small and less extravagant version. How could a large building like that float on top of a couple of logs? Maybe it could be on an island nearby? But honestly, I don't think every town "needs" an attraction. Pacifidlog had it's own charm, plus, you could argue that Rayquaza's tower was its "attraction" since you had to fly there to get to it.

In the original Pokemon Ranger there was also a floating town and a minigame that involved you capturing water Pokemon to fill your dex basically. I could see a small Water Safari Zone, if anything.

That'll be fun. Wasn't there a rumor that it looks like they added something to the south of pacificlog? I haven't noticed anything on the map, but I don't have the best eyes either.

Years
    There's that brown chunk south of Pacifidlog; any further and you'll hit that clouded area, which contains nothing in RSE. It's possible the clouds could be hiding something (after all, the area where the Battle Tower/Frontier would be is hidden by them), but there's also a chance they're just there for show. Anyway, if they did add something close to Pacifidlog, a Water Safari Zone would be kind of cute. I also like the minigame idea Pepperton suggested earlier; I'd love to partake in a game underwater ;-;

Salzorrah

Years
    It doesnt look like they added something south of Pacifidlog, only some grass plateaus is all. What intrigues me is the northeast of Pacifidlog, east of where Sky Pillar should be, there seems to be a secluded island of some sorts. Do you think this is Mirage Island or something other, which you need to use Dive?

ObnoxiousOboe

The Musical Psychic
    Years
    I am certain we're still going to use the HM Dive in the remakes. It's not as if we have finally programmed the trainer even to swim on his/her own yet. But I don't understand the reason why they would remove the HM. The games would lose its uniqueness and purpose for being an aquatic-themed generation.

Years
    It doesnt look like they added something south of Pacifidlog, only some grass plateaus is all. What intrigues me is the northeast of Pacifidlog, east of where Sky Pillar should be, there seems to be a secluded island of some sorts. Do you think this is Mirage Island or something other, which you need to use Dive?

Yeah, I think those are the same islands as in the originals that contained an item on shore. I recall there being small islands dived through in order to get to the center. They added some of the islands that weren't on the RSE map to this generation's Hoenn map.

Years
    There could be some behind the clouds.
    I wonder how diving in the Abandoned Ship will look in 3D. I hope it looks cool like your going down a scary ghost ship (which it sort of is...). Maybe they'll add Frillish there.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    This might be a little too Farfetch'd, but do you think we'll get 3D diving? Hoenn has plenty of opportunities to use it in its many underwater trenches. Or you think the most we'll get is the "submerging" that we got in Black and White?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I hope that they expand it, rather than lower the diving experience. I have a bad feeling that we might see a lot less areas to dive in ORAS, rather than actually taking this opportunity to make a really cool and interesting dynamic. The visuals have the potential to be thoroughly incredible. I reckon we'll probably see the introduction of a HM for Dive again, too. We only seen 5 HM's in X&Y, so there's room for Dive to become HM06 or something.

Either way, this is one feature I really hope GameFreak take full advantage of.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    This might be a little too Farfetch'd, but do you think we'll get 3D diving? Hoenn has plenty of opportunities to use it in its many underwater trenches. Or you think the most we'll get is the "submerging" that we got in Black and White?
    I saw someone suggest doing both earlier. Having the regular 3D diving and then being able to go even deeper using the submerging form of Dive from Black and White. I'd love it if they did that.

Back