• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Come on! Let's take a dive!

Years
    I like it. Always felt the Team Aqua Hideout near Lilycove wasn't as cool as it could've been. They had the right idea, and could build off it to create something awesome in ORAS. Also a perfect spot for Mega stones in the post-game, if they're introduced in the remakes, as you said. At the least, it would serve as another use for Dive.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    On the topic of this, something I don't quite understand is how diving in this sense works anyway - so your Pokemon can learn to dive, fine, but how does that help the trainer breathe underwater indefinitely? :P

I don't think there is a logical answer for this. We kinda just have to roll with it.

Years
    I believe that Dive will be one of the most important HMs once again ~ It was in the original games so I don't see why it shouldn't be in remakes aswell - I kinda hated it in original games so I sure hope that they make diving more realistic and exciting.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    On the topic of this, something I don't quite understand is how diving in this sense works anyway - so your Pokemon can learn to dive, fine, but how does that help the trainer breathe underwater indefinitely? :P

The Pokemon kind of creates a bubble around you. I assumed they could filter oxygen from the water to make sure you can still breathe.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Apparently Dive is secretly confirmed back in use (not if it is an HM again) as we can clearly see trenches in the new Hoenn Map.

like anyone would think that they wouldnt come back lmao

Years
    Apparently Dive is secretly confirmed back in use (not if it is an HM again) as we can clearly see trenches in the new Hoenn Map.

like anyone would think that they wouldnt come back lmao

Yeah I was expecting Dive to be returning since I felt it would be weird if they didn't include it. The only real problem I saw with the underwater areas was the fact there wasn't many different Pokemon encountered in the wild there. The only ones I remember were Clamperl, Chinchou and Relicanth.

Now I really want to see how awesome the underwater will look now!

Svien

The cool guy
    Years
    I really hope there will be more dive-only pokemon. And the idea of scuba diving trainers challenging you underwater sounds cool as well, but I think all pokemon except for water pokemon would have to suffer underwater, while in battle, because they can't breathe.

Years
    I really hope there will be more dive-only pokemon. And the idea of scuba diving trainers challenging you underwater sounds cool as well, but I think all pokemon except for water pokemon would have to suffer underwater, while in battle, because they can't breathe.

I think, if all our Pokemon faint while underwater, we should get:

"You bubbled up" or something like it, versus the whited out.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I wouldn't like that; some things make logical sense but would mess things up a lot and make the game a pain to play. Like how Fire types can fight while surfing, or how you can hold 99 of items that take up a lot of space in your bag.

Salzorrah

Years
    What I am really excited for is the new Pokemon that we can get. It was kind of a downer that the only Pokemon available underwater was Chinchou, Clamperl, and Relicanth :/ Since we have 3 new generations of Pokemon, I'm excited to see if more will be added to the depths of the sea x3

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I remember surfing around and finding a really strange diving spot, but it couldn't reach it. After a couple of retries I finally got there and landed in this really weird chamber. You know: the one were you can get access to the golems. Finding something so secret was really cool and just shows what an HM can do if implemented correctly.

I hope that they build a couple more (hidden) diving spots that lead to more secrets and eastereggs; I mean Dive is basically made for such things.

Years
    How good would it be if you could just dive without pressing the b button. Like you just hold r and push forward to go under the water in real-time.

Years
    They could even put some legendary Pokemon in dungeons deep underwater, like Manaphy or something, to find post-game. It has a lot of potential in ORAS, and it's gonna be really exciting to see what they do with the feature. Definitely felt like it should've stayed a HM after Hoenn, but I digress.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If only Dive had more use in the Unova games...

Anyways I hope we find Manaphy or an egg. Maybe it could be a roaming around the dive areas!

I would like to see Trainers in the water, maybe a new class called 'Diver'? They could be wearing underwater gear and serve as the underwater counterparts to swimmers.

Salzorrah

Years
    I hope we'd be seeing Manaphy in the game! It wasn't really much seen in the franchise, except for his movie :33

I think it's perfect that we see him underwater, in a secret dungeon or something.

Oh and that reminds me, what if they decide to add Hidden Grotto-esque water dungeons in the game? Maybe we can find cool water type Pokemon, or find some really rare items.

Years
    I would like to see Trainers in the water, maybe a new class called 'Diver'? They could be wearing underwater gear and serve as the underwater counterparts to swimmers.

Would like to see this as well. Give Dive some more relevance, make it a genuine area in the game, with trainers, items, things like that. As you go deeper, the trainers get more powerful, the wild Pokemon higher level, and the items more valuable. To be honest, though, even if they don't add any of that, I'll still be happy if they make good use of the new graphics system for Diving mechanics.

Years
    Would like to see this as well. Give Dive some more relevance, make it a genuine area in the game, with trainers, items, things like that. As you go deeper, the trainers get more powerful, the wild Pokemon higher level, and the items more valuable. To be honest, though, even if they don't add any of that, I'll still be happy if they make good use of the new graphics system for Diving mechanics.

I'm not sure if they'll allow us to go deeper, but I would like to see that...

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I would like to give dive to my feebas, since his water moves in Gen 6 are hitting everyone.

Salzorrah

Years
    Oooh! I totally hope we have a function to go deeper! If this feature would be implemented, maybe we can have like really rare items like Arceus Plates or valuable items like Nuggets or Pearls? Maybe even megastones. Oh, maybe if we go deeper, maybe bring back the BW/2 feature that you only have a limited time before you are forced to go up?

Years
    Oooh! I totally hope we have a function to go deeper! If this feature would be implemented, maybe we can have like really rare items like Arceus Plates or valuable items like Nuggets or Pearls? Maybe even megastones. Oh, maybe if we go deeper, maybe bring back the BW/2 feature that you only have a limited time before you are forced to go up?
    I looked at a map of Kyushu and noticed that the water get's deeper the farther southeast you go (north east for Hoenn), so perhaps that dark island thing could actually be a dive spot that'll allow us to go very deep down in the ocean.
    Pearls and Nuggets were available higher up, so maybe big Pearls and big Nuggets? If there are Mega stones added underwater I hope they're for Water Pokémon like Tentacruel and such.

Back