• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Coming Soon - August 2014: Get Your Daily Dose Of Video Game News Here!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Video Game News: August 12th, 2014

• Microsoft dropped a bomb at Gamescom in Germany today by announcing that the newest installment in the Tomb Raider series, Rise of the Tomb Raider, is going to be exclusive for their Xbox One. Darrell Gallagher, head developer of Crystal Dynamics, the company behind the Tomb Raider series, said:
      Darrell Gallagher said:
      "Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011. We know they will get behind this game more than any other support we have had from them in the past. We believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft."
    • Sony's Gamescom show has come to an end and this year they had a lot to share. Coming to the PS4 include Day Z, Until Dawn, P.T., Wild, Tearaway, and Journey. Moving away from games, Sony also announced that the PlayStation TV will hit pow territories November 19th, include 3 downloadable games and set you back 99 euros. Share Play was also discussed - a feature coming this Fall by the massive system update looming - allowing PlayStation + members to play with their friends without them even owning the game.
    • Thanks to the information from Gamescom, Microsoft has announced that they will be releasing 3 different Xbox One bundles before the holidays of this year. Along with the white Xbox One and Sunset Overdrive bundle that was announced earlier, a Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Xbox One 1TB drive bundle has been announced. The third bundle will be specific to Europe which will include a digital copy of FIFA 15, a 15 day trial period of Xbox Live, headset, and Ultimate Team Legends which will provide an ultra legendary player to add to your team. Microsoft also announced that the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner for the UK, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain which will allow gamers to access TV, browse TV shows, pause live TV, set up favorite TV listings, and have your experience rooted by your voice. This will available this October for 24.99 pounds in the UK and 29.99 euros in France, Italy, Germany, and Spain.
    And that's it for today! What do you think of Microsoft's and Sony's performances at Gamescom this year? To check out Microsoft's conference click here, and to check out Sony's conference click here! Comment below with your opinions and thoughts!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • 1TB XBone can boost Microsoft sales a bit (before people realize there aren't enough games to fill it up, though xD), I'm kinda surprised they didn't bundle Sunset Overdrive with both White XBone and 1TB one.

As for Tomb Rider... I feel a HUGE disappointment =D It's either gonna be totally crappy addition or it won't sell so good so they will need to make it multiplatform anyways.

It's kinda desperate that XBone needs to have closed exclusives to actually make people buy it.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    1TB XBone can boost Microsoft sales a bit (before people realize there aren't enough games to fill it up, though xD), I'm kinda surprised they didn't bundle Sunset Overdrive with both White XBone and 1TB one.

As for Tomb Rider... I feel a HUGE disappointment =D It's either gonna be totally crappy addition or it won't sell so good so they will need to make it multiplatform anyways.

It's kinda desperate that XBone needs to have closed exclusives to actually make people buy it.
    You constantly complain about Microsoft not have any "exclusives", and now you're complaining about them getting one? And also calling the game awful based on that?

Christ.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • You constantly complain about Microsoft not have any "exclusives", and now you're complaining about them getting one? And also calling the game awful based on that?

Christ.
    When was I saying anything about Microsoft not having exclusives?
    And constantly?
    I'm seriously not blind to overlook Halo, Sunset, Titanfall and others.

But you might not have understood my point. Tomb Raider is a series of games that was pretty much always multiplatform which pretty much forced developers' to work because each competitor wanted their version to sell the most (more money, more wishes, right?). But now they won't be that motivated. Plus... it's gonna on XBone, not on Xbox which means people WILL have to buy the new console to play it.
    That's why sales will IMO won't go as expected and developers probably know that and may slack a bit.

Last edited:
    Years
  • About the Tomb Raider sequel, apparently Phil Spencer confirmed to Eurogamer that Rise of the Tomb Raider is only a timed exclusive for Xbox 360 and Xbox One. There's no info about how long it's gonna be an exclusive or anything like that but at least I won't have to buy another console for one game. Still pretty stupid how they handled the whole thing though with all this negative PR now. :P

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Speaking of August releases, Touhou 14 unexpectedly got released digitally today. It's something fans never thought what happen. This marks the first time a Touhou game has ever been released digitally, boosting potential Western sales exponentially since, generally, Westerners pirate the games due to their only being sold in hobby shops. So when it was announced yesterday, I nearly lost it. Actually, I did lose it, but I got it back, and I'll try not to lose it again.

Either way, I'm a very happy SOB right now because I legally own a copy of Touhou 14. So happy that I actually want to use emoticons outside of my very restricted few and tilde swoon marks.

But I'll refrain to maintain the integrity of my adult male self.

*COUGH*:3~~~\(^▽^@)ノ~~~ヽ(;▽;)ノ~~~~*COUGH* Sorry, allergies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • About the Tomb Raider sequel, apparently Phil Spencer confirmed to Eurogamer that Rise of the Tomb Raider is only a timed exclusive for Xbox 360 and Xbox One. There's no info about how long it's gonna be an exclusive or anything like that but at least I won't have to buy another console for one game. Still pretty stupid how they handled the whole thing though with all this negative PR now. :P

I think the phrase they kept saying was "exclusive on Xbox this holiday" or something loosely around this. Microsoft was pretty firm on that particular phrasing. When it will eventually go to the PS4 or PC, that's up for debate.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • This month has a really weak lineup. I'm really only interested in Layton v. Wright and even then not much cause I haven't beaten any of the other Wright games and never played a Layton before. :(

Back