• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community Oekaki

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    PPNSteve said:
    could be that.. but i do KNOW that the img bg and the site bg colors are the same.. like you said it's no biggie as this is a temp solution until we do a full theme for it.
    The background colours are the same in your graphical-editing proggy, but not in MSIE.

Refer to the attached zip archive, which contains information on how to sort your probelm with an HTML/image example.

> unzip the archive;
    > view testPage.html;
    > revise your banner;

You must have added some cooky filter on the image, otherwise MSIE wouldn't view it differently. In any case, I've added a fixed version of the banner in the archive.

Cheers,
    Hellish

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    You realise that colours show up differently in all browsers? That's why when I make a perfectly blended banner for IE it looks terrible in Firefox. I usually transparentise the background because of that, but Steve asked me to do the bgcolor for this one so I did - I can change it though.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    why in the hell is IE rendering the page color different? no wonder things look better in firefox, mozilla, avant, and opera browsers... grrrrrrr

i'm not using any filters on png's it's mostlikely IE's lack of png support or some other issue with IE.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    PPNSteve said:
    why in the hell is IE rendering the page color different? no wonder things look better in firefox, mozilla, avant, and opera browsers... grrrrrrr

i'm not using any filters on png's it's mostlikely IE's lack of png support or some other issue with IE.
    Because IE sucks Steve *looks around for IE loving people* :paranoid:. XD

Just make the background of the banner transparent and it will work for all web browsers. I know the pics won't look as good in gif format as it is now in png, but the images in the banner isn't even super high quality anyway. So making it transparent will fix the color difference in all browsers.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    PPNSteve said:

You must have added something, because the fixed image I attached remained with the same background colour, but also worked in MSIE.

Arcanine said:
    Because IE sucks Steve *looks around for IE loving people* . XD

Just make the background of the banner transparent and it will work for all web browsers. I know the pics won't look as good in gif format as it is now in png, but the images in the banner isn't even super high quality anyway. So making it transparent will fix the color difference in all browsers.

I'm sorry that MSIE inserts the colour filters that you use on PNGs. It's not like you shouldn't be adding filters to images you don't want to be viewed differently. PPNSteve's image must have had some filter on it, purposely or not, since I told my graphical program to remove all/any of them, and the image was fixed.

Perhaps you should be bashing PPNSteve's graphics proggy instead of a browser that views the filters added properly.

kthnxbai,
    Hellish

Suz

Ta-daaa~!
    Years
    I'm haveing some truble saving my drawing, it keeps on saying "Image Data Transfer Error Try Agein" oO why? X3

Aaron5367

The Legendary Spriter
    Years
    I need some help also! it says that my account is pending/password invalid! Forest Grovile said to ask a Oekaki admin to activate my account but I dont know of one! Please help!

Thanks,
    Aaron

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    @_@ First of all, I told you in your other thread to use the Oekaki Support thread. It's stickied at the top of Q&F. But anyway, I approved someone today, but I'm not sure if it was you or not. o_o;

Back