• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Merged your thread about Lyra/Kotone as it deemed to be more of a complaint rather than a well developed discussion on the new female protagonist.

She was basically placed in the game just as something new. Considering the original Gold and Silver never had a female protagonist, it is safe to assume they wanted to add a new female player rather than bring back Kristal. There have been many complaints on the matter, some saying she replaced Kris some saying she is Kris (which however, has proven not to be true). However, she is in the games regardless.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Tell me before you do something like that!

You know, this reminds of someone else saying this....I don't wish to repeat this, but what the heck.

They changed Kris because the creators are sort of...well, perverted or something. It's like when they changed Misty to May to Dawn: They wanted the boys to keep watching Pokemon and not get bored.

But they changed Kris for Lyra because Kris seems sort of old-fashioned...

Also, Gold and Silver, like what Sydian said, never had a Female Main Character, so it makes sense...

They changed Gold/Ethan because he was pretty easy to manipulate, while Kris would not. All they did was change his body, facial features, clothing, hair, etc. Other then that, he's the same.

Also, he was the original Main character for Gold/Silver. Remember people, this is a Gold/Silver remake!

Years
  • i have only a few minor complaints.1.I wish they woulda just redesigned Kris instead of Making a new girl 2.Why cant they leave the new girls name as Kotone for the english version? 3.I wish you could use the gbc music player from the very start,it would be much more memorable hearing that old music and remembering the first time you entered Sprout Tower or first time you beat that annoying female dog Whitney instead of hearing it during the rematches. 4.(this is like 2 in 1) I wish they would keep the 16th gym leaders name as Green instead of Blue.I read the manga with Green as the rival and Blue as the girl from leafgreen and firered,its annoying-also they made Green/Blue/Garys nose too big

Last edited:

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
  • Just why.

why would you want to have loads of the legendaries in heartgold/soulsilver. why would you want to have loads of different gen pokemon.

won't that kinda ruin the GTS Value System?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It's so they're all available in this generation.

That was Gen III's flaw, you couldn't get all the pokemon in it (although through events all legends were available).

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
  • sorry, this only kinda belongs here :(

It's so they're all available in this generation.

That was Gen III's flaw, you couldn't get all the pokemon in it (although through events all legends were available).

yeah but doesnt it kinda ruin the whole trading idea :S thers like 50 game alternatives. it just upsets me. I would be looking on serebii along long time ago and every day a new legendary in the game would be revealed. it broke my heart.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Merged your "Just Why" thread with the complaints discussion as it seems more of a complaint than a solid discussion. Though, there are many reasons why GameFreak included other generation legendaries into the game. Main factor, being that they wanted to give access to the 3rd Generation Pokémon that were unavailable.

Also, seeing as Nintendo wants to push more sales on the DSi, it will help keep the game solid and independent from the GBA cartridge in the original DS and DS Lite, regardless of them including the Pal Park once more for the 4th Generation.

It is a little upsetting yes, but I guess we all have our own view on it. It's an optional quest, so it isn't like you have to capture every legendary there is in the game; leave it aside if need be.

Dr Glocktor

The Ashbringer
    Years
  • I heard the PC was going for some touch screen thing. Someone explain please?

Also, them making Silver go from awesome to wussy. Seriously.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I heard the PC was going for some touch screen thing. Someone explain please?

Also, them making Silver go from awesome to wussy. Seriously.
    You can move Pokemon from your party to the boxes, etc via the stylus - touch and drag, etc, so that allows another way to move Pokemon around.

And...Silver is far from wussy here - if anything he is even more awesome ('course, have to wait for translations), but he still kicks you and steals Pokemon, and the part with Dragon Den was in GSC as well - just a battle with him added in as well which I don't see how it makes him 'wussy'. =/

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • My only complaint is the time it takes for these games to come out. The closer we get to the US release, the sooner I think I'm going to explode from anticipation... :P

Dr Glocktor

The Ashbringer
    Years
  • You can move Pokemon from your party to the boxes, etc via the stylus - touch and drag, etc, so that allows another way to move Pokemon around.

And...Silver is far from wussy here - if anything he is even more awesome ('course, have to wait for translations), but he still kicks you and steals Pokemon, and the part with Dragon Den was in GSC as well - just a battle with him added in as well which I don't see how it makes him 'wussy'. =/

1: No, I mean, I heard it said the PC was removed and now accessed through the touch screen. Is that true?

2: Its not his personality; its his look. He went form a tragic awesome kid to a prissy boy with a pointy head. Not good.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • 1: No, I mean, I heard it said the PC was removed and now accessed through the touch screen. Is that true?

2: Its not his personality; its his look. He went form a tragic awesome kid to a prissy boy with a pointy head. Not good.
    The PC is still there, definately - just that it now can be used via the tocuh screen as well. No point in removing that anywasy I wouldn't think. =/

And well, the new looks I suppose is down to opinion then. =P Character-wise though he's still the same person basically.

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    My complaint is the removal of slot machines in HG/SS (hint hint) and removing the ability to buy coins.

Oh yeah, and the giovanni event requiring a event celebi that won't be around for at least half a year if not longer. :|

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    PokeWalker, PokeWalker, PokeWalker. Gah, it's so annoying.

All of the commercials in America have been showing nothing, but the PokeWalker! It hardly ever shows the game!

In the most recent.

Boy 1: Oh, no. You beat my Chikorita!
    Narrator: Take your Pokemon with you with the PokeWalker. They can gain levels, and you can catch Pokemon, too!
    Boy 2: What?!? You beat my Totodile?!?
    Narrator: PokeWalker with HeartGold and SoulSilver!

I'm so surprised they haven't said, "HeartGold and SoulSilver with the PokeWalker!"

EDIT: (Also some of this furry may be coming from the fact mine didn't work...)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I haven't even used mine yet. I finally pulled the little paper thing out of it just the other day and there was a FACE ON THE SCREEN. I tried to put the paper back. xD Didn't wanna go...so I just left it there. I can't read anything on it since it's Japanese, but meh. idk how to use it anyway. ;;

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
  • The Japanese version is already out.

Where I work is being very unclear about the PokeWalker. I think they're trying to pass it off as a preorder promotion.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • ^^^ Good point, it as if they are actaully trying to sell the poke'walker as the main prduct rather than the game! I am ver sick and tired of eharing aobut the Poke'walker I just want the game! NO POKE'WALKER FOR ME!

Years
  • I'm actually glad they've added the pokewalker. I've been a pokemon fan since the orignial blue and red versions, and most of the gameplay has stayed the same (except for a few additions here and there ie. berries and contests). So in my opinion any big changes or new accessories they add is a great way to keep old and new fans hooked. I do admit it has been a little overplayed though.

Back