• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Complete FireRed Upgrade

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2021
    Q: I applied the Dynamic Pokemon Expansion, but the new Pokemon appear in AdvanceMap with glitchy names. Did I do something wrong?
    A: Make sure you're using AdvanceMap 1.9.5. By default, the DPE inserts Pokemon data after 0xFFFFFF, the last offset AdvanceMap 1.9.2 can read from. However, had you followed the suggested instructions in the documentation, this wouldn't be an issue for you.

Hi, I've tried following the instructions from the documentation (reccomended insertion steps, page 11) but still couldnt get the new pokemons to show up in AdvanceMaps 1.95, please help!

Also, could you kindly clarify the "neccesary modifications" instructions? A newbie like me has a hard time following. For example, what does it mean to "Modify the Pokémon indices found in this file to match the ones in your hack."? If I am simply trying to apply DPE and CFRU to make a QOL firered, do i still need to follow the neccesary modifications?

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • Hi, I've tried following the instructions from the documentation (reccomended insertion steps, page 11) but still couldnt get the new pokemons to show up in AdvanceMaps 1.95, please help!

Open AdvanceMap 1.95 in a hex editor, go to the offset 77DD5, and change the 9B 01 to 4D 04. That should allow you to see all the Pokemon, hopefully it helps!

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    Hello. I have the same problem that CandidoSAO. When I start the compilation, I have an error from cc1.exe : 0xc000007b. I tried to find a solution for a few times, but anything worked. I have uninstalled and re-installed devkitpro (the bug seems to come from this app, as I found here : devkitpro.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8758, but I have no clue what's happening). My console prints this when I type "python scripts//make.py"
    Spoiler:

And then, I got (I will translate the error messages)
    cc1.exe - Erreur d'application (App error)
    L'application n'a pas réussi à démarrer correctement (0xc000007b). Cliquez sur OK pour fermer l'application (The app didn't manage to start properly, click on OK to close the app)
    Before I re-installed devkitpro, it printed more or less 15 lines of compiling before crashing.
    I really hope someone could help me for this problem. Thanks for reading

deidara9216

deidara9216
    Years
  • Could someone please explain to me how this is going?

"Gigantamax NEEDS WRITING Basically the same as Mega Evolution but the parameter for the base form is TRUE and the parameter for the Gigantamax Form is FALSE. The extra byte at the end is 0."

I tried the mega method and it doesn't work, maybe I should put something else.

somebody help me please.

AH and the animation of the primitive forms of kyogre and groudon do not work.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    is this possible to apply to an in progress hack? or does it have to be a clean firered?

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Noob Question: Is the ROM you get from compiling this compatible with binary hacking programs?

Years
  • Hi I'm With A Doubt It's been 2 months after I installed the CFRU But is it possible to change the follow me system for the pokémon to follow you?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hello. I have the same problem that CandidoSAO. When I start the compilation, I have an error from cc1.exe : 0xc000007b. I tried to find a solution for a few times, but anything worked. I have uninstalled and re-installed devkitpro (the bug seems to come from this app, as I found here : devkitpro.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8758, but I have no clue what's happening). My console prints this when I type "python scripts//make.py"
    Spoiler:

And then, I got (I will translate the error messages)
    cc1.exe - Erreur d'application (App error)
    L'application n'a pas réussi à démarrer correctement (0xc000007b). Cliquez sur OK pour fermer l'application (The app didn't manage to start properly, click on OK to close the app)
    Before I re-installed devkitpro, it printed more or less 15 lines of compiling before crashing.
    I really hope someone could help me for this problem. Thanks for reading

I had this happen, but I figured out it was because I had DevKitPro, and I needed DevKitArm installed. It works with the ladder. Google devkitARM_r45-win32, install it, and it will function.

Years
    • Seen today
    @bradpoke434
    This is a base for creating a ROM hack yourself, it's not a game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    any way in the future you can make this more customizable, i.e. we can delete more features we don't need? I really appreciate the effort you put into this btw.

deidara9216

deidara9216
    Years
  • Hello my people, I have a problem, does anyone know how I can make dynamax forms work in the "complete fire red upgrade" system

I use the flag 0x919 and the item dinamax band, but it doesn't work for me.
    help me please.

and excuse my bad english.

Years
  • Awesome stuff, but is there any way I can remove the Z-Moves? I just find them too OP, kind of ruins the game a little bit.
    Edit: Nevermind!

Years
  • Hello, I really want to use this mechanism, but I'm having a hard time installing it. I'm a bit noob about it. XD wanted to know if someone can send me a base with the mechanism implemented and the tools for edicting if they can. Thank you from the heart who can help me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Hello, I really want to use this mechanism, but I'm having a hard time installing it. I'm a bit noob about it. XD wanted to know if someone can send me a base with the mechanism implemented and the tools for edicting if they can. Thank you from the heart who can help me.

There are no tools for editing the CFRU. You make all the edits you need in code and add it to your game yourself to whatever offsets you want.

The source code is written almost entirely in C, and can easily be adapted to decomps when the time comes.​

I've heard that pokefirered is in a usable state... So any specific date we can expect for a pokefirered release of the engine?

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I've heard that pokefirered is in a usable state... So any specific date we can expect for a pokefirered release of the engine?

Independent features will probably trickle in. I've done tm expansion and reusable tms, and have started on a battle engine. I expect it will take a while without help, though.

In general, features are very easy to port, since the cfru includes the source code in almost the same naming conventions as pokefirered, so any and all are welcome to contribute to this cause.

Back