• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Complete FireRed Upgrade

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2023
    Oi, eu não consigo de jeito nenhum expandir os items :(, teria como ajudar também?

BlizzardOTE

Do you like Milotics?
    Years
  • Forgive me if this is stupid. I've been following the steps listed in the Documentation word for word, and I cant for the life of me figure out what im doing wrong. I'm applying the DPE to a vanilla FR rom (Squirrels Dump if that matters), and then I apply the CFRU to the same (separate copy) vanilla rom, and copy the data from the offsets listed into the one I applied DPE to. But when I open up the resulting rom in G3T, all the pokemon are missing the first 4-5 letters of their names (e.g. Charmander is named "ander"), all their movesets are messed up, and none of them have the correct typing or ability. I had this issue already and tried starting with a fresh version of both the DPE and CFRU, not changing anything in either's folders, only to be greeted with the same issue. If possible could someone explain to me like I'm 5 what I'm doing wrong, or what I need to do to fix it? Is it as simple as restarting my PC like other solutions I've seen in the thread? Or am I using the wrong clean rom? I'm just really confused here.

BlizzardOTE

Do you like Milotics?
    Years
  • Forgive me if this is stupid. I've been following the steps listed in the Documentation word for word, and I cant for the life of me figure out what im doing wrong. I'm applying the DPE to a vanilla FR rom (Squirrels Dump if that matters), and then I apply the CFRU to the same (separate copy) vanilla rom, and copy the data from the offsets listed into the one I applied DPE to. But when I open up the resulting rom in G3T, all the pokemon are missing the first 4-5 letters of their names (e.g. Charmander is named "ander"), all their movesets are messed up, and none of them have the correct typing or ability. I had this issue already and tried starting with a fresh version of both the DPE and CFRU, not changing anything in either's folders, only to be greeted with the same issue. If possible could someone explain to me like I'm 5 what I'm doing wrong, or what I need to do to fix it? Is it as simple as restarting my PC like other solutions I've seen in the thread? Or am I using the wrong clean rom? I'm just really confused here

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2020
    Hi, I got everything working perfectly except the abilities. I changed the cap from 16 to 12 and that seemed to work. But when I play the game for example when I get Squirtle and look at its ability it has the proper description but where it should say "torrent" it just says "r". Does anybody know how to solve this or have the same problem as I do?

Edit: Nevermind! I read most of the pages in this discussion but the 9th lol

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think I understand the need for the Recommended Insertion Steps in the provided document, but I am kind of confused on the process.
    Say for instance after I've already done the insertion steps, I've made modifications to the CFRU. Would I simply apply CFRU to Rom 1 for these changes, or would I have to redo the entire process of copying over offsets from a vanilla FR (applied with a modified CFRU) each time I make changes to CFRU?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help, this resource is simply incredible.

As for a question of my own, was this really all you had to do to get HTE working for the test.gba generated by the DPE/CFRU?
    Frankly, I cannot open a test.gba at all in HTE. I generated a test.gba using a completely default DPE setup leaving everything alone just for seeing how tools react to it.

Spoiler:

Was just wondering if anyone knows why I get the image above in the Spoiler when try so much as just opening test.gba in HTE.
    Like, it doesnt even say anything is wrong with offsets or the ini, it just outright rejects the ROM completely.
    Was hoping if anyone knew and could tell me why it could be doing that, probably sometime later when its not NYE lol.

Yeah, I tried opening my rom with the same process and got a similar error... did you ever find the workaround?
    I'm trying to open my rom with DPE and the offset changes in the recommended installation, if that helps.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This project looks fantastic and like a great way for people to ease into some of the more complex aspects of rom hacking!

Question. If I were to apply this engine to an in-progress hack, would I still be able to load the rom in popular gen3 tools like G3T?

My hack has each Pokemon knowing a Signature Move where I fiddle with the %s on things like burn chance/stat raises. But there are more options to work with in Gen7+. From reading through the docs it seems this engine is supposed to be applied at the end of development, and it would undo my work on the move table, correct? Would I be able to go back in and mess with moves again with G3T or PGE?

__fred__40

fred
    Years
  • And it would undo my work on the move table, correct?
    Not if you edit the src/Tables/level_up_learnsets.c file to match the learnsets you created,but if you are using the DPE then I think that you should edit them on the DPE's learnset file and comment(iirc) //#define EXPAND_MOVESETS in src/config file

Dreamaker

Banned
    Years
  • Daycare is broken? the old man stepped forward, but he didn't give me any eggs.

Complete FireRed Upgrade

Complete FireRed Upgrade

Complete FireRed Upgrade

Give a Drink for TMs > Crash
    Complete FireRed Upgrade

Game Corner NPCs
    Complete FireRed Upgrade

Complete FireRed Upgrade

Complete FireRed Upgrade

Last edited:
    Years
  • Not if you edit the src/Tables/level_up_learnsets.c file to match the learnsets you created,but if you are using the DPE then I think that you should edit them on the DPE's learnset file and comment(iirc) //#define EXPAND_MOVESETS in src/config file

Thanks for the response. But I think there was a miscommunication with my concern.

I am aware I can alter the learnsets in the files before I apply the engine. My issue lies with altering the data of the moves themselves.

Example. In my hack Crush Claw is the Signature Move of Braviary and does 90 power with a 100% chance to lower a targets Defense. As opposed to 75 power and a 50% chance which is presumably what this engine will change the move to as its updating things to gen7/8 standards. I am comfortable with going back in and re-editing the moves I have done, but would need to know if I could load my CFRU-Rom in G3T or PGE to do so.

__fred__40

fred
    Years
  • Thanks for the response. But I think there was a miscommunication with my concern.

I am aware I can alter the learnsets in the files before I apply the engine. My issue lies with altering the data of the moves themselves.

Example. In my hack Crush Claw is the Signature Move of Braviary and does 90 power with a 100% chance to lower a targets Defense. As opposed to 75 power and a 50% chance which is presumably what this engine will change the move to as its updating things to gen7/8 standards. I am comfortable with going back in and re-editing the moves I have done, but would need to know if I could load my CFRU-Rom in G3T or PGE to do so.

In src/Tables/battle_moves.c you can edit the base power,accuracy,etc.,but changing only this not maybe be enough

Years
  • Hi there, I'm planning on starting my first rom hack using this base, and I'm trying to make sense of the documentation but I need some clarification. if I'm correct, I should edit the maps, trainers, scripts, and other things with the Dynamic Pokemon expansion and other recomended mods, then apply the CFRU to that rom when I'm done then if i need to make any changes in maps, scripts, etc, I'll make them to the pre-CFRU rom then apply it to that, and keep going like that all throughout development?

i understand that any changes i want to make to CFRU itself like movesets, TMS, and other data can be done right in the CFRU files before compiling, but how would i add those things to maps and scripts if i have to do those beforehand?

Years
  • So I've built my rom (with both CFRU and DPE), and gotten to the stage where I've copied over the data into the offsets in Rom 1 (which was test.gba in the DPE master folder).

How do I actually edit this rom now? Do I copy this rom into the CFRU master, make changes to the tables (e.g. movesets, pokemon stats etc), and then run clean.py followed by make.py?

Or something else entirely?

Edit: Also has anyone found that the colours of move types are the wrong colours in battle? E.G selecting a Fire move, Fire is written in a dark black, fight type is green etc?

TIA

Last edited:
    Years
  • So I've built my rom (with both CFRU and DPE), and gotten to the stage where I've copied over the data into the offsets in Rom 1 (which was test.gba in the DPE master folder).

How do I actually edit this rom now? Do I copy this rom into the CFRU master, make changes to the tables (e.g. movesets, pokemon stats etc), and then run clean.py followed by make.py?

Or something else entirely?

Edit: Also has anyone found that the colours of move types are the wrong colours in battle? E.G selecting a Fire move, Fire is written in a dark black, fight type is green etc?

TIA

That final part is the engine showing moves of a type that will induce STAB (bold) and be super effective (green)

Lance Koijer 2.0

Lance Koijer
    Years
  • Question: About the Overworld Expansion, is JPAN's hack/overworld expansion routine needed for it to work? I tried applying it to a clean ROM without jpan's implementation but the old overworld table is still used instead of the table I made at 0x8A00000.

EDIT: I don't know where to post this one but I figured out something that might help you guys. I have noticed that when you use special 0xd1 (NPC following the player), you will encounter an issue where the NPC from other maps sharing the same person event as the one following the player, that NPC will load the script of your follower. For example:
    In Palette Town, if I made the Technology guy (which his person event number is 0x2) dude follow me, the "tree to cut" in Viridian City when I interact to it will instead load the "Technology is awesome script." That also applies in other maps such as the guy that asks in Pewter City if you have checked the Museum already and the rocket grunt that will give you TM dig in Cerulean City.
    So, to avoid this issue, I suggest you set the Person Event Number of your follower to something that you think npcs from other maps wouldn't share. Mine's 50 (0x32)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2023
    Hi, sorry, I have a problem with the engine and it is that none of my Pokemon is capable of learning a TM / HM after applying the DPE patch, does anyone know how to fix it?,i´m sorry for my english

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2022
    It is a great job and I congratulate you, but it is too complicated to understand it and even more to apply it, so I understand that you insert everything mentioned but it is you who has to add it, in my case I only want to insert the movements Z, Mega evolution, gigamax, but I have the MrDS patch and I have the skills and movements expanded, is there a problem if I apply the CFRU?

Years
  • I just thought I'd bring up that terrain boosts in Gen 8 are 1.3x rather than 1.5x, I'd imagine an option to revert to this nerf (or vice versa) in config.h is under the works?

Also, I'm not sure if the additions for moves like Expanding Force/Rising Voltage are in its beginning stages but in the src/damagecalc.c I think the power is being calculated incorrectly; currently it's (original BP) * 2 * 15/10 (i.e 1.5) when I do believe the multiplier is supposed to be (original BP *1.5* 1.5) Or 1.3 for the final 1.5, if the terrain nerf is to be added.

edit: upon looking on bulbapedia, rising voltage appears to be original BP * 2 * terrain boost whereas expanding force is original BP * 1.5 * terrain boost

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2022
    A query
    If you applied the DEP in the ROM as indicated in the manual, I will rename that same generated ROM (test.gba) to BPRE0.gba and already in this case I applied the CFRU again it generates a (test.gba) there would be some problem if you no longer did the copy and paste steps? Since in theory both motors are installed in different places, it would be pointless to install and then copy a part and paste it discarding the rest.

Regards

Back