• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Those of you that played both this and Nova Red, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Gen II

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • A Digimon hack of Gen IV

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Thanks for your inquiry! Unfortunately I don't know how to mess around with IVs. I'm more casual as far as Pokemon gamers go so I never actually paid attention to them. But the menu does have the IV/EV checker and if a player really hates the starter he's been dealt, he can take the ninety seconds to reset the game and try again. ;P

As for the Dorimon line, I'm at a bit of a loss. His later stages are way too complex for me to fit into a 64x64 box, and I'm not really feeling Alphamon since I think the game is kind of stacked with ubers already with five Legendaries (Megidramon, Neptunemeon, Goldramon, Lucemon, and Lucemon X) plus three pseudo-Legendaries (Apollomon, Dianamon, Venusmon) and the "secret" Legendaries like Omnimon, Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, and Zeed=Milleniummon... that's a grand total of eleven ubers already. Twelve if we count Hexeblaumon as an honorary pseudo. Suggestions?

If you know any guides for removing EV/IVs please link it here and I'll see what I can do. :)

Yeah I thought it would have been cool to make Dive a priority move, but unfortunately the game doesn't handle that. :p Oh well.

After dorumon just finish with Dorugreymon or Dorugoramon. That'd be sick.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2022
    Is there another region? The talks of the national dex make it seem like there is infact another region! Amazing game just beat it, took me about 2-3 days 171 digis caught or digivolved!

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2022
    sorry started the game recently and have been having an amazing time thank you for the game but has anyone found a different place where i can get puttimon other than the cave of origin seems i locked myself out now after beating the game and i'd like to grab it unless i have to start over

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    After dorumon just finish with Dorugreymon or Dorugoramon. That'd be sick.

Sprites?

Is there another region? The talks of the national dex make it seem like there is infact another region! Amazing game just beat it, took me about 2-3 days 171 digis caught or digivolved!

Sorry, no other region. :p But the National Dex displays the Digimon better than the Regional Dex does. If you open the Digidex, press Select to bring up the options, and change the mode to National Dex, then it will display them properly. Otherwise it will list them up to #350 as normal and then strangely recycle 150-250. It's odd but I don't know how to fix it.

Oh and congrats on beating it! 171 mons is damn impressive! I've been watching playthroughs of it on YouTube and Twitch and so far I think you have the record for most Digimon caught. :D

sorry started the game recently and have been having an amazing time thank you for the game but has anyone found a different place where i can get puttimon other than the cave of origin seems i locked myself out now after beating the game and i'd like to grab it unless i have to start over

Likewise, congrats on beating it! And sorry, no other place to get Puttimon. At this point you can always just turn on the walk-through-walls cheat or hack the encounter rates to find him.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Welp, I've found a sprite for Dorugreymon and Dorugoramon... However. I will need to resize it. Just to clarify, it needs to fit in a 64x64 box, correct? What image file type?
    I've attached the files below.
    (Also obviously the animation frames will be cut out as well)
    Let me know your thoughts or if I'm overlooking anything. (Still pretty new to this)

Either way it'd be a huge shame to have Dorumon in the game and not have an evolution for him... He's a fan favorite and definitely deserves it. (albeit more of a cult fan favorite but nonetheless he is quite an important digimon and my own personal favorite so I'm biased hahha)
    I'll do whatever I can to get at least one Evo in there for him! (Also please.make.him dragon type. If you don't I'm going to cry) hahah

Attachments

• [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project
      DoruGreymon_vg.gif
      14.4 KB · Views: 7
    • [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project
      Dorugoramon.gif
      21 KB · Views: 4
    Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Welp, I've found a sprite for Dorugreymon and Dorugoramon... However. I will need to resize it. Just to clarify, it needs to fit in a 64x64 box, correct? What image file type?
    I've attached the files below.
    (Also obviously the animation frames will be cut out as well)
    Let me know your thoughts or if I'm overlooking anything. (Still pretty new to this)

Either way it'd be a huge shame to have Dorumon in the game and not have an evolution for him... He's a fan favorite and definitely deserves it. (albeit more of a cult fan favorite but nonetheless he is quite an important digimon and my own personal favorite so I'm biased hahha)
    I'll do whatever I can to get at least one Evo in there for him! (Also please.make.him dragon type. If you don't I'm going to cry) hahah

Yup. 64x64 with only 16 colours (technically only 15 colours since the 1st one will be the background colour and therefore transparent). I think DoruGreymon could work if it was "scrunched up." Move the wing up closer to its shoulders to basically cover most of the rest of its body. Then some repositioning of the tail to make it arc around so it ends up back close to its head. Then shortening the neck...

It could work. If you're willing to wait a few days (the final report of my PostGrad is due in two days and yet here I am commenting on Digimon Emerald lol) I can try and sprite it myself. :)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I think the game has enough ubers. The remaining slots I'd like to fill in with more humble Digimon.

So I shouldn't hope for Gallantmon Crimson Mode lol

The hack looks fantastic, I can't wait to try it out. The only suggestions I have would be different sprites for mons that are mostly covered (Zudomon by his hammer and Wizardmon by his cape for example), and maybe an optional level cap to prevent overleveling with exp all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Hi, this is a really cool hack, though I've found two different glitches that I haven't seen anyone else mention. The first is that when triggering the battle with Rich Boy Winston on Route 104, it instead becomes the battle with Twins Gina and Mia a little further down, making the actual Rich Boy fight inaccessible. The second is that when I digivolve from Y.Botamon to Chakmon, Chakmon is suddenly level 12 despite needing to reach level 15 to evolve. My guess on the second one is that it's caused by the Digimon changing EXP growth rates, but I can't be sure.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Huh. Found another glitch, this time in Slateport City. If you talk to the Sailor east of the shipyard or whatever (the place where you find Dock), it triggers the event where Team Aqua steal the sub during the interview and then warps you into the harbor. Doesn't seem to actually cause any issues so far, but definitely a weird one.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So I shouldn't hope for Gallantmon Crimson Mode lol

The hack looks fantastic, I can't wait to try it out. The only suggestions I have would be different sprites for mons that are mostly covered (Zudomon by his hammer and Wizardmon by his cape for example), and maybe an optional level cap to prevent overleveling with exp all.

Duly noted!

Hi, this is a really cool hack, though I've found two different glitches that I haven't seen anyone else mention. The first is that when triggering the battle with Rich Boy Winston on Route 104, it instead becomes the battle with Twins Gina and Mia a little further down, making the actual Rich Boy fight inaccessible. The second is that when I digivolve from Y.Botamon to Chakmon, Chakmon is suddenly level 12 despite needing to reach level 15 to evolve. My guess on the second one is that it's caused by the Digimon changing EXP growth rates, but I can't be sure.

Huh. Found another glitch, this time in Slateport City. If you talk to the Sailor east of the shipyard or whatever (the place where you find Dock), it triggers the event where Team Aqua steal the sub during the interview and then warps you into the harbor. Doesn't seem to actually cause any issues so far, but definitely a weird one.

I'll double-check Chakmon, thanks!

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I caved. In by popular demand. 👀
    [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Yup. 64x64 with only 16 colours (technically only 15 colours since the 1st one will be the background colour and therefore transparent). I think DoruGreymon could work if it was "scrunched up." Move the wing up closer to its shoulders to basically cover most of the rest of its body. Then some repositioning of the tail to make it arc around so it ends up back close to its head. Then shortening the neck...

It could work. If you're willing to wait a few days (the final report of my PostGrad is due in two days and yet here I am commenting on Digimon Emerald lol) I can try and sprite it myself. :)

Wicked mate. That'd be sick. I love Dorugreymon. Alright I'll see what I can do but if you know how to sprite it, by all means. If you're up to it. I'd appreciate it. But yeah I'll try and get to it later today after I wake up.
    Thanks again.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yooooooooo that's sick. And yeah alphamon definitely deserves to be in the game... I have always seen him as the counter part of omegamon / omnimon

Well, yeah. "Alpha and Omega" and all that. :p
    Still not a huge fan of Mega Evolutions as a mechanic, so I balanced it a bit by having it revert Alphamon back into Dorimon after the battle. So he wouldn't be able to turn back into Alphamon again until he gains a level and evolves back into Dorumon. Doesn't punish the player too much but at the same time it prevents Alphamon from being used in every single battle.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    While I'm not opposed to a cost for using an OP mon, it seems a bit much to give it limited uses via level up. It works well enough to save it mostly for Gyms/E4, but it would eventually become unusable for battle facilities.

What do you think of a permanent late/post-game evolution method?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    While I'm not opposed to a cost for using an OP mon, it seems a bit much to give it limited uses via level up. It works well enough to save it mostly for Gyms/E4, but it would eventually become unusable for battle facilities.

True, but that shouldn't be a problem unless Dorumon somehow reaches level 100 (unlikely).

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    True, but that shouldn't be a problem unless Dorumon somehow reaches level 100 (unlikely).

In terms of being permanently unusable, sure. Way before that, its usage will quickly diminish once exp requirements start climbing. There'd be no point in bringing Dorumon to something like Battle Tower either.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    In terms of being permanently unusable, sure. Way before that, its usage will quickly diminish once exp requirements start climbing. There'd be no point in bringing Dorumon to something like Battle Tower either.

Indeed. I think it makes for an interesting mechanic. And hell, vanilla Emerald doesn't let you bring Mythicals or Legendaries into the Battle Tower anyway.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023

I'd love that.

Back