• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Contests Return!

Years
  • Maybe Pikachu is only for Dance and since they mentioned appeal, there is a battle round still where you use any pokemon you choose?
    Actually, if you look at the side of this picture, you can see a Substitute and 3 stars. It's confirmed now, I'm pretty sure
    corocoro9143th.jpg

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Appeal returns. Battle portion confirmed?

The "battle" part was the appeal part of contests, so that'll be a yes. Also it seems we can go Mega during Mega after all, but only when the excite Meter is full. Now I really think Milotic should get a Mega, as it's a contest mon (that was even mentioned in the issue). Perhaps it could be obtained from the beauty contest, or maybe defeat all the contests with it.

Years
  • The "battle" part was the appeal part of contests, so that'll be a yes. Also it seems we can go Mega during Mega after all, but only when the excite Meter is full. Now I really think Milotic should get a Mega, as it's a contest mon (that was even mentioned in the issue). Perhaps it could be obtained from the beauty contest, or maybe defeat all the contests with it.

Yes, I've alway wished there was something from beating all master rank contest.
    Butttttt, what I just showed shows how it will look I guess. :D

Years
  • That would be nice, I'm very interested to see if Pikachu is the only one that can put on costumes and learn new moves by doing so. Seems to be an exclusive thing at this point.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Oh, I also saw an update on CoroCoro in Serebii, that further shows the old? evolution method of Milotic, so I'm guessing they are planning a Mega Milotic, and the only way you can do it is using the old method perhaps?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Oh, I also saw an update on CoroCoro in Serebii, that further shows the old? evolution method of Milotic, so I'm guessing they are planning a Mega Milotic, and the only way you can do it is using the old method perhaps?

What do you mean? You can only Mega Evolve if you raise your Milotic's beauty stat all the way?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • What do you mean? You can only Mega Evolve if you raise your Milotic's beauty stat all the way?

No, I meant that you can only Mega Evolve it if Milotic evolved by its old method which was the method you said. It wont work if you used the trade method, even if you maxed its beauty. Maybe so that it values the old hard evolution method.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    New Contest style -

You guy love me now , right ! You all Love me .

By the way , serebii say

Cosplay Pikachu is confirmed to be separate to normal Pikachu and is the only one that can be dressed up.

I don't get it So explain it to me !

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    @Famon

It seems to mean that it is a unique pikachu that you can somehow obtain. Only that specific pikachu can wear costumes, others cannot.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    By the way, it is possible that cosplay Pikachu can be either gender, there is no screenshot that shows Cosplay Pikachu's stats in battle.

I would lock this thread is I were a moderator...

Years
  • By the way, it is possible that cosplay Pikachu can be either gender, there is no screenshot that shows Cosplay Pikachu's stats in battle.

I would lock this thread is I were a moderator...

It's been confirmed that the cosplay Pikachu is a special Pikachu, and one of a kind. So it seems to be the new Notch Ear Pichu like I expected.

Years
  • We got the major parts down, but there is still a lot we can speculate about. I wonder if they'll reclassify any of the Gen IV moves. Some of them were in strange categories. Also we can speculate on the Gen V- VI moves too as they have no contest classifications.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So, Cosplay Pikachu is just like Notched Ear Pichu, only this time it's useful in battle thanks to the special moves. I wonder if it has a fixed nature or at random, so going to a Pokémon contest just obtain this Pikachu will be worth the effort.

Years
  • I'm sort of glad Cosplay Pikachu is a special thing like Notchy. Makes it more unique, even if it is easy to obtain.

Pika aside, the contest graphics look really cool. I really like how instead of a boring pentagon the contest stats is star-shaped. Also disappointed GF changed Lucia's name to Lisia; do you have something against Italians, GF????

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I saw a comparison post on tumblr that showed that Lucia and Wallace have the same color hair and the same zig zag hair (Lucia's ponytail, Wallace on the side) so what do you guys think of the possibility of those two being related? (I'll try and find the post since I lost the link)

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • There's no denying it. Ever since RSE, Pokemon contests always had a format where you face AI coordinators. Now with the advent of Wi-Fi connections, we can now connect with anyone in the world. Do you think online Pokemon Contest can become a thing? Will this become a new competitive mechanic for the Pokemon Community?

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I saw a comparison post on tumblr that showed that Lucia and Wallace have the same color hair and the same zig zag hair (Lucia's ponytail, Wallace on the side) so what do you guys think of the possibility of those two being related? (I'll try and find the post since I lost the link)

I think I found it.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back