• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

cooking

do u like cooking

• yes

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • no

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • not really

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • LOVE IT

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I can fry, bake, and grill decently, but I'm not a chef or anything.

One recent concoction was beef ramen with steak slices on top. *drool*

any one got any good smoothie recipies?
    I'm a huge fan of banana and Nesquick. XD

Otherwise just toss some fruit together and add some ice (and milk, sugar and/or honey if you so desire). Strawberry banana is easy, but you can get as creative as you want. A good rule of thumb is to do two parts fruit, one part ice, and then sweeten to taste.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Oh yes, I used to want to do cooking as a proffesion, but when I actually experienced it I saw that it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I'm happy just doing homecooking!

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I like to cook, but I'm a terrible chef. The best I can do is Macaroni and Cheese.

I once tried to bake a loaf of Challah (because it's one of the only sweet foods I like), but let's just say that calling the results catastrophic... would be an understatement.

So thus, I try to resist the urge to cook.

dark charmander

Gaara...
    Years
    hay guys im making a cake 2day ^^ using 2 recipies. the 1st one im using isnt my own its one from a cookbook but im going 2 make a few changes.the 2nd one is my grandma's chocolate butter icing *drools*. will post the recipie l8er ^^

Azlef

Wha- we're on air?!?!
    Years
    I love to cook cream puffs. Tips?
    Clean up as you go along. When I make Cream Puffs, the cream is very sweet. When I fry bananas(very cool word) the cream isn't as sweet. I adjust the level of icing sugar accordingly. My cream recipe:
    1 tsp Vannila, cream, 2 tbsp icing sugar. Put the lot into a bowl and use and electric handheld mixer to mix the ingridients untill the cream won't fall off the spoon when held upside down.

enViable

The Frozen Fire Alchemist
    Years
    I'm always cooking but i never studied it at school. i have italian blood in me so i'm always throwing together pasta and bolognese type dishes. yum

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    I like to bake muffins. Chocolate chip, banana nut, apple, blueberry, cherry/strawberry... muffins. Basically, as long as it has instructions, hopefully all I'm set. My whole family(especially my mom) is pretty good with cooking; It's my oldest sister's profession... The girl(and my mom XD) can cook! But we really like to make recipies our own, you know? Add a little sumthin' sumthin' there, a little less of this, maybe some of that...

Years
    I love to cook. It's a pretty nifty hobby. :3 I'm not very good compared to the other adults in the house, but give me a recipe, and I can follow pretty well. Not so great with improvising most days, though. I also learned I can't season fish to save my life. I'm also pretty decent with baking, but I don't do that as much.

I used to live in a dorm where I had to cook for a week about once every five to six weeks. Usually, that translated to two or three weeks a semester. Everyone but the Resident Assistant had to cook at one point or another during the semester, even the officers that weren't on regular duty rotation. It was really wonderful, living there. It was all really, really delicious food. Much better than cafeteria food 24/7, I'm sure. ;D
    The only thing that bothered me about it was that only one meal a week was eaten fresh, unless it was a crockpot meal. It was basically eating leftovers every day. Tasty leftovers, mind you, but you still had to re-heat everything.

I posted a pretty good muffin recipe to my blog. If you like raspberries, it's worth trying out. :D
    Now I want to make some.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
    I love to cook!

I actually learned from both of my parents, and both of them are really good at cooking.

However, if I were to take "Formal" classes, I would probably not do very good, because my "style" of cooking is really just going "hmmmm.... that sounds good, and so does that. These two things would go perfect together!"

Anyway, some tips I have are...
    If two types of food seem like they would go perfect together, then by all means, cook them!

And: Use a mixture of dry and fresh herbs, it lets you actually taste things seperately and together at the same time(If you know a lot about cooking, you should know what I mean)

Back