• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cooking!

Sirfetch’d

"omg chase you are obsessed with food threads" yes I am I love food!

Continuing the trend of these amazing threads, lets talk about cooking guys! Any cooking fanatics here?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I cook at pretty much any opportunity. I prefer cooking my own meals over getting things out at places. Just need to learn how to cook duck and I'll be set.

Sirfetch’d

Haha can't say I have any duck recipes but glad to hear you enjoy it as much as I do. Cooking is just so...idk, relaxing I guess.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I love cooking homemade meals. I cook them a lot. I think I'm the only one in my family who does. My dad would cook every now and then, but he usually cooks the same thing. Which is this really delicious red wine chicken thing.

I make a killer meat loaf, I make some bangin' chicken noodle soup, and I make some pretty good stir fry.

I pretty much just love finding recipes and going grocery shopping. Especially in the produce section.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I had duck and lamb when I went on my very first cruise and ever since then I've been trying to get my hands on some of it to try and I got to try cooking lamb a couple months ago and it ended up coming out pretty alright, by no means am I a professional cook but it was edible and it was enjoyable. I prefer eating what I create more than I prefer actually cooking it, unless I'm cooking for other people. I feel really happy when someone eats something that I've made and actually like it.

Sirfetch’d

oo meatloaf sounds like a really fun thing to try and make! I haven't before because no one really likes it in my house other than me :/

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I had duck and lamb when I went on my very first cruise and ever since then I've been trying to get my hands on some of it to try and I got to try cooking lamb a couple months ago and it ended up coming out pretty alright, by no means am I a professional cook but it was edible and it was enjoyable. I prefer eating what I create more than I prefer actually cooking it, unless I'm cooking for other people. I feel really happy when someone eats something that I've made and actually like it.
    I am a professional cook.

oo meatloaf sounds like a really fun thing to try and make! I haven't before because no one really likes it in my house other than me :/
    Meatloaf has a lot of ingredients in it that you're like "woah what?" Like mine has mustard in it, and also chicken broth, to name a few.

Sirfetch’d

Meatloaf has a lot of ingredients in it that you're like "woah what?" Like mine has mustard in it, and also chicken broth, to name a few.

Yeah I've always thought it was one of those meals where you could add pretty much anything to the basic recipe to make it taste good. Like my grandma has always added hot peppers to hers for a little spice. It's soo good that way.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't really like eating anything beef related, or any red meats for that matter, but meatloaf is pretty good. Though I haven't actually made it in a really long time.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • Omg.

If I have enough ingredients I will try to cook just about anything. I experiment quite a lot, especially with baked goods.

I can make a mean pot of chicken tortilla soup. <3

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • I love cooking! It has always been an interest of mine all my life and I will cook at any opportunity I get. Usually, I cook for myself and my family every day of the week other than the weekend. I get most of my recipes online and I feel like I've tried cooking just about everything that's not exotic lol. I've had both duck and lamb before (not cooked by me) and it was delish. I'd love to try cooking those one day, but I can't seem to find them available at my local grocery stores. ;_; As for the meals mentioned in this thread, I've made meatloaf, all kinds of soups, stir fries (*.*), etc.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I just bought all the ingredients for recipes this week; tonight I plan on making lemon salmon in the oven (and then finishing the bottle of white wine I bought for it myself).

I have a system - every week one crockpot recipe and one repeated recipe so I can tweak and improve.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I can cook bacon and eggs.... that's about it at the minute. I can bake a really good cake though.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Why are you all good at cooking while I'm here just staring timidly at the stove's fire? D':

All I can cook is instant noodles, which is just terrible. D':

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Why are you all good at cooking while I'm here just staring timidly at the stove's fire? D':

All I can cook is instant noodles, which is just terrible. D':

It's really not as hard as it looks! You should start with pasta; all you have to do is boil water and dump noodles in there and then cook for like 10 min or until they're soft when you poke them. You can even get premade sauce from the store, and voila! You made alfredo!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • It's really not as hard as it looks! You should start with pasta; all you have to do is boil water and dump noodles in there and then cook for like 10 min or until they're soft when you poke them. You can even get premade sauce from the store, and voila! You made alfredo!

Definitely something that I should try out haha. Next week I'm already out of my parent's house and off to college so I really should start learning how to cook. Don't want my expenses to go down the drain after all. :'>

I'm awful with cooking. I don't think I can even do instant noodles

I first did instant noodles a few months ago when I was really hungry, my parents were temporary out, and I'm too lazy to grab a meal outside. It's simple, really. Too bad that's the only thing I can cook so I get bored with noodles rather quick. P:

Another thing I've ever made is jelly, but that's more of a simple dessert. P:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    You just put the noodles in the stove and they cook?

Yup! The directions are right on the box - put some water in the pot (doesn't matter how much even if the box gives you a number, just has to be enough to cover the noodles), boil it, put the noodles in once it's boiling, and then cook for the time listed on the box. Usually 9 to 11 minutes. I don't really pay attention to the time though, I stir them every once in a while to make sure they don't stick together and then when they feel like pasta should feel I turn it off.

Then you drain it and you have cooked pasta. :)

Back