• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Well, I had Gabriel not looking over. He is in fight or flight mode at the time, and leaning over to see what someone else is doing would make him lean over the edge, meaning that he would allow Goro a chance to see him easily. He's thinking more of 'get on the roof, don't get seen by Goro at all'. So basically your character WAS invisible, so Gabe would miss him since he's focused on getting on the roof. At least, that was my thinking.

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • My character was visible for a moment, and it's possible your character would have seen them, unless your character looked away the very moment Goro started to walk away from the door. Not to mention the stripe is always visible, and doesn't change colour.

It was just a suggestion though and if you don't think your character would see my character that is fine because it was just a suggestion.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • Yeah, I noticed. So, do judge me on what you think. And yeah, I posted before you had a chance to lay down that information, so if I have to change things up let me know.

Greiger I think your character would see my character moving about because your character is looking down on the the area my character was moving about. My character used Shadow Sneak right underneath Goro and Castiel after he said "Come.", so your character might have noticed the moment my character was normally coloured after using Shadow Sneak.

Just a suggestion, Greiger, since this is a RP and interacting with the other characters in a RP is really what the RP is all about.

I will recap events so neither of you are confused:

Varien briskly crawls, camouflaged except for his permanent blue zigzag, over to Sprited Away's side alley. Gabriel is still in the hatch behind the store, not on the side. Varien does a peek around the corner Spirited Away's storefront before moving out, still invisible, and checks the door, listening in for a few minutes. Goro is off nearby but not yet visible, his footsteps can be heard by both Varien and Gabriel.

Varien takes notice of the sound of footsteps but doesn't act on it immediately. He peeks in through the sliver of the window blinds as best and quickly as he can, but his nerves get him and his face turns somewhat pink. Varien immediately ducks back into the side alley and calms down back to his camo'd state. Varien walks back out to knock on the door of Spirited Away, then returns to the side alley and hides in wait. Goro comes out on the street just in time to hear knocking and see a blue blur of something go around the corner, as well as a shadow attached to nothing in particular.

Gabriel gets out of the hatch sometime within that period of time. He drops the lid down and it rings a sharp sound in the empty street. He tosses some garbage (let's say a few flat boxes) over the hatch and he gets into the shadows against the store wall, full of adrenaline. He wants to wait out the approaching footsteps sound for a while longer.

Goro approaches Spirited Away's door and talks to Castiel. Varien eavesdrops. Goro turns around and leads Castiel off into the side alley where Varien currently is.

Greiger, I assume Gabriel at some point entered the side alley that is currently of interest now, but if you want to keep it so, then when? Recently, in your last post? Otherwise, you may make slight edits to your post(s) knowing what I've recapped and put into perspective. Unless Gabriel has moved around from behind the store to see Goro out on the street, he's otherwise oblivious to anything but sounds, which is no problem since the footsteps he heard couldn't be properly pinpointed as to where they'd be coming from for a few minutes. But otherwise, having stayed in the back alley, no sightings of Goro or even Varien, for that matter.

I know it's a lot to keep track of, but we have to read each other's posts. I only update the "Story Thus Far" section of the OOC second post for when the hour is completed.

Also, streetlamps are off.

Any questions? Comments? Concerns?

EDIT: If I was incorrect in something, do tell. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Oh! Hahaha, sorry about that. I misjudged. I assumed that Goro had come to behind the store as well. I misread about that. Okay, I can edit my post then. Thanks for clearing that up. Just generally my mistake there.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Okay, edited, and I believe that's more in line with what I picture for the scenario. Again, sorry for the confusion.

Jauntier

Years
  • Okay, edited, and I believe that's more in line with what I picture for the scenario. Again, sorry for the confusion.

It's alright. Your post is quite fine, now.

It seems that ultimately, a confrontation was avoided. Tsk tsk. Could have had a big mess of a blow out, but playing it safe for now is in everyone's best interest, I suppose.

I love Goro. The perfect wrench to throw into everyone's plans.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Not to mention perfect character foil for Blair, conflicted with either brazenly confronting him for being all up in her business, or being cowed into fear, as partially demonstrated with my post. Now the question is, will Goro find fault in the in-store operation?

Jauntier

Years
  • Now the question is, will Goro find fault in the in-store operation?

Unless someone makes it seem unnecessarily shady, a store setting up what he would figure as just another product promotion is not his place to critique. His only concern is public safety and civic order.

Jauntier

Years
  • This is a reminder to everyone to be aware of how many days it's been since their last post.

This will be the last time I bring it up for this bunch. It's your responsibility.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    shut up jaunt, you're ugly

I'll post today, look out world

Jauntier

Years
  • shut up jaunt, you're ugly

I'll post today, look out world

Shut up or I won't draw Rina in my little comic strip sometime in the next three days, since I have more free time to do a lot of things in that time frame.

Do your boss proud.

Xtrashy has been madly on top of posts lately. If only everyone were like my second-favorite employee.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • So, at this point, will Goro interact with either Blair or Silver? If not, I'll go ahead and pivot back to working on the project.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Jauntier, I swear to god, if your bias is showing--

ur the best bby, luv u whatev u du #verifyjaunt <3 ^-^

Jauntier

Years
  • Jauntier, I swear to god, if your bias is showing--

ur the best bby, luv u whatev u du #verifyjaunt <3 ^-^

My characters are equal-opportunity employers, don't worry. Everyone will have their time to shine and also ruined.

#regency2016

Years
  • Alright, got my post up! Sorry, I've been having computer trouble. I'm hoping to buy a new laptop with my tax return, depending on how much I get back. In the meantime I'm stuck with a laptop that crashes when I bump it too hard, or even look at it the wrong way. :/

Other question. What kind of lighting do we have in the store? I know that Castiel was carrying a candle. I know that the town is formerly human, so do we have light bulbs? Or primarily candles?

Jauntier

Years
  • Alright, got my post up! Sorry, I've been having computer trouble. I'm hoping to buy a new laptop with my tax return, depending on how much I get back. In the meantime I'm stuck with a laptop that crashes when I bump it too hard, or even look at it the wrong way. :/

Other question. What kind of lighting do we have in the store? I know that Castiel was carrying a candle. I know that the town is formerly human, so do we have light bulbs? Or primarily candles?

The plight of the working class. At least you've told me, so now I can properly give you one day leeway on posting activity until you alert me otherwise.

Both stores have fluorescent lights as their overhead. In Spirited Away, they are currently off. Electricity in this small, modern town is functional.

Jauntier

Years
  • I did the comic thing.

Spoiler: COTM1
    XwJhUPt.png

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
    Years
  • I will be going on vacation on the 18th of this month, so I will probably not be able to post. On the off chance that I will have access to the internet, everything goes smoothly, but it will b likely that I will not. So this is me requesting a 7-8 day extension, assuming that my next post will be on the 17th or the 18th. I know it is silly to stop an RP for a week just for me, so perhaps Samuel can run into an accident of sorts?

Jauntier

Years
  • requesting a 7-8 day extension

You didn't even look at my comic.

Extension granted. You and I can work out a distraction for your character before then.

I suppose I should put up a "late" or "absent" thing in the Essentials post, as well as a section for comics.

Back