• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Does the Shedinja know you? Well mate, I can't answer that for you. That's a character completely under your control. You can develop the relationship however you want, if you choose to go that route. Brainstorm some ideas!

So just a friendly people person with a sensitivity to critique? Yeah! Alright. Are there any notable quirks of your character, if any?

Ok, let me put it this way. Would it logically make sense for a Shedinja to know the Nincada/Ninjask it came from?

Quirks... If you are small enough, he likes to give people short rides to places they otherwise wouldn't be able to get to (the roof of Forget-Me-Not or Spirited Away?) even though it might slightly strain himself. He is generally trustworthy and will follow through with the request if you somehow get him to follow with a request or other idea.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
    Ok, let me put it this way. Would it logically make sense for a Shedinja to know the Nincada/Ninjask it came from?

Quirks... If you are small enough, he likes to give people short rides to places they otherwise wouldn't be able to get to (the roof of Forget-Me-Not or Spirited Away?) even though it might slightly strain himself. He is generally trustworthy and will follow through with the request if you somehow get him to follow with a request or other idea.

It could. A Shedinja is basically the living shed exoskeleton of a Ninjask. It could be a creature with its own thoughts, though how fleshed out or how hollow is again your choice. The circumstances between your Ninjask and your Shedinja are yours to freely create.

Well, I'm not sure if being a helpful assistance is a kind of quirk, but it is a development in his personality, nonetheless. When I think quirk, I think of a minor tick in personality, something one could consider particularly unusual or unexpected. Cicaro the Furret, for example, has the quirk that he carries around miscellaneous small objects in his scarf and an itchy hand for petty theft. Rina the Chimecho has the quirk of her speech pattern and the occasionally unexpected dark thought. Samuel the Bidoof tends to say "Yup" often and enthusiastically. Spora the Parasect, though, doesn't really have any quirks. Her character is unique in that it is solidly apathetic and nearly a complete constant. I suppose that makes her by comparisn quirky but she doesn't have any particular quirks.

You don't have to have a quirk for your character planned out right now. One may evolve over time as you actually get into character and role-play, but if you have an idea for him, we'd like to hear.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    It could. A Shedinja is basically the living shed exoskeleton of a Ninjask. It could be a creature with its own thoughts, though how fleshed out or how hollow is again your choice. The circumstances between your Ninjask and your Shedinja are yours to freely create.

Well, I'm not sure if being a helpful assistance is a kind of quirk, but it is a development in his personality, nonetheless. When I think quirk, I think of a minor tick in personality, something one could consider particularly unusual or unexpected. Cicaro the Furret, for example, has the quirk that he carries around miscellaneous small objects in his scarf and an itchy hand for petty theft. Rina the Chimecho has the quirk of her speech pattern and the occasionally unexpected dark thought. Samuel the Bidoof tends to say "Yup" often and enthusiastically. Spora the Parasect, though, doesn't really have any quirks. Her character is unique in that it is solidly apathetic and nearly a complete constant. I suppose that makes her by comparisn quirky but she doesn't have any particular quirks.

You don't have to have a quirk for your character planned out right now. One may evolve over time as you actually get into character and role-play, but if you have an idea for him, we'd like to hear.

Ok. I have an idea of how I could use Shedinja. Thanks.

In that case,, I don't have any quirks right now, but I'll be thinking for one in the next couple of days.

Jauntier

Years
    Ok. I have an idea of how I could use Shedinja. Thanks.

Sure thing! If you ever flesh that idea out, you can share it with me if you don't want to make it public.

Tell us! Are there any characters from either store that you like, and would you tell us why? If you've had a chance to read the IC, I suggest you do. It's a good read, I think!

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Sure thing! If you ever flesh that idea out, you can share it with me if you don't want to make it public.

Tell us! Are there any characters from either store that you like, and would you tell us why? If you've had a chance to read the IC, I suggest you do. It's a good read, I think!

What I want ro do with Shedinja is have the Shedinja know Benicle but he doesn't know Shedinja. Wikl make for an interesting interaction

I really like Samuel the Bidoof, mainly because it's so funny to just laugh at his misfortunes and how silly he is! That's just me though. I still like the story in it's entirety. I read it during school.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    whoa damn, shit went down in that alley

gotta admit though, Gabe's "honey, I'm home" entrance was spectacularly done

now the family's all together again <3

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    I was totally expecting a Ninjask to appear in the post but I guess not. Makes me sad. :( Though you did say the post was for Spirited Away.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    I was totally expecting a Ninjask to appear in the post but I guess not. Makes me sad. :( Though you did say the post was for Spirited Away.

xD I don't think they could've done that even if they wanted, it would be considered bunnying after all! And I don't think Benicle could've done much at all, even if he was in the post.

Looking forward to see your first post :D

Jauntier

Years
    I was in a rush to post the JP since I can't stand waiting on something this important, but Castiel's text is hard to read on the background.

I will darken his text so that there's more contrast.

(EDIT: Fiddled around with it and decided to keep the colors as is, just because I'm kind of lazy to go through all those instances of dialogue. Also "darkpurple" shows up as red text, and "lightred" shows up as blue text. Yes, try it out for yourself, I'm serious.)

And as Foxrally said, dud190, even if it was time for your character to appear, me writing in your character would be unwarranted control over your own creation, which I refuse to abuse. Your time will come shortly after Amaryllis finds out (likely by Spora tattling assuming she watched the whole thing) and rings up your character.

Unless if you don't want to wait on others, you could just have your character bumble in, say maybe he thought today he was on the schedule to work, or he's trying to take initiative by showing up as a helping hand despite being unscheduled since it is the Summer Festival and it will be busy.

What do you think? Any of these alternative options are a fine route to take if you want.

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    omg u deddett

actually read a spirited away post
    These are a lot of fun to read so far, guys. And I just want to say, Orx, that I really like the way you're characterizing Druag. His conscience is like an antagonist. And I like the detailed description of how he moves about with his cane. You really don't shirk anything!

also are you Spirited scrubs really getting fucked over by a Kekleon, get goddamn real, Forget-Me-Not for life

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
    omiarshus Disclosed-senpai noticed me!

And not in the usual way of people noticing me that amounts to "oh you're the guy talking about [vocabulary term censored to discourage Googling]"

I'm glad you like the totally not a self-insert character! And I plan to make a habit of describing those movements when he does them, just so no one forgets that he is, in fact, holding a cane most of the time. It's easy to forget he doesn't have wings and is missing an eye if I don't remind everyone (and myself) from time to time. It also gives the impression that his movements are careful, because if they weren't he'd end up falling into the shelves at some point and break everything.

And I must say I like how Rina moves, as well, because she is far from a standard biped or quadruped, and that verbal tick she has going on keeps me reminded of her origins so I can better appreciate her aspirations and behaviors as a character.

As for the internal monologue and its role of an antagonist in Druag's personal story: I very much hope to see this RP go on to such a point that his past and the pasts of all the characters properly come to light!

Vive le Spirited Away! (And also Forget-Me-Not I guess)

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Kawaii, so moe~~~~

Yeah yeah yeah, gotta love consistent description like that. It really brings out the fun in introducing not-so-mundane characters to everyday scenarios.

Thanks for the comps too, fam. My little ding-a-linger has no legs but she must move. I can't wait 'til her daddy gets involved and, subsequently, her past. It might explain a lot.

No, just vive le Forget-Me-Not. And watch your language, we've got a French wannabe following this thread jaunt

Jauntier

Years
    Finally!

Another Cornered! Comic:

Spoiler:

Jauntier

Years
    Looks like Gabriel stormed in, slapped his wet blanket boss on the counter, and started jabbering about himself.

Can't wait to read reactions from other members about the odd arrival. That status condition needs to be cured somehow.

On Forget-Me-Not's end, we need to get their boss paraplegic-levels of calm, too.

Speaking of,

Please post as soon as possible.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Lel, yeah. No one had added in some time, so I figured that it wouldn't hurt for Gabe to take center stage and be super duper awesome.

Jauntier

Years
    Spirited Away is due for a Favor update, really. People should claim their responsibilities.

Back