• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
  • I just had the coolest idea too:

When Nincada evolves, it leaves a shedinja behind. So what if that Shedinja was the remaining fragments of Benicle's past? Have him be his dark evil doppleganger!

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • Alright, so combining the Mind Reader and lighting points together, what I could make happen is that I could have Binacle always have his head down, and the Mind Reader is on his antennae, showing him around where he is so he doesn't bump into everything having his head down. With Binacle's head down, he doesn't get exposed to that harsh light as much.

As for the burrow, I understand that. I can simply burrow just outside the shop right?

As Xtrashy said, he could wear dark eyewear. His eyes are on the side of his face so those sunglasses would have to be wide, but blinders could also work, a large sleep mask, a head band, anything that would just cover his eyes. It's more efficient than to just have his face to the floor all the time.

The more I think about it, the more I think Dig is an inaccessible move in this setting, period, regardless of what you're trying to use it for. Jubilee is a human-constructed town, so your character would be trying to tear up asphalt and cement just to... hide there... and generally be a disservice to your team because he will not be active. Let's scrap that move for another.

And, Foxrally does bring up a good point: we don't have a flying Pokemon, which could give Forget-Me-Not a great advantage with things like aerial reconnaissance and showboating advertisement. It would also eliminate the entire blindness aspect, though with being a Ninjask, the issue comes with its immense speed, but that can be a fun thing to play up for you. Speed without accuracy, maybe. And even then, a Ninjask always has a Shedinja somewhere out in the world. Perhaps that could be a literal manifestation and haunting reminder of his past life when he was a Nincada back in Farlance. Oooh, isn't that symbolic? Wow, it could even be a creepy customer later on in the story, if we go that route. (EDIT: Foxrally beat me to the suggestion it seems. Great minds.)

As for your application, I have reviewed it and while it has greatly improved since you've taken more time to flesh it out, it is still pending, not just because of all these ideas that have been suggested that I'd like you to mull over, but also, I have a question about this Pokemon's complete obstinacy: he wants to physically bulk up so that he has the emotional strength to refuse to listen to criticism? Do you think that is a logical string of conclusions, as opposed to the previous route where he wanted to bulk up so he could have his revenge on someone who wronged him? If you were to keep the former, what would he even do if someone tried to go against his word? These are my questions, but I would think about the character suggestions first, namely the idea of a Nincada versus the proposed Ninjask with a literal remnant of his past life as a Shedinja.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I'd love to see a Shedninja in Forget-Me-Not, being that Amaryllis isn't the fondest of Ghost-types.

You can have a lot of fun playing with Ninjask, Dud, with the speed and ninja elements. (We could seriously use a ninja. Imagine the look on Castiel's face.) Fox and What's-his-face are on to something. I wouldn't know how Ben, as a Nincada, would "go up or a level" and getting used to a new form might be inefficient so I'd probably start out at as a Ninjask already.

Jauntier

Years
  • Alright everybody, just posted the Amaryllis update.

Tough break for Forget-Me-Not. Time to update the scoreboard, rofl

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    "Tough break", more like un-fucking-fair.

I'll post with Rina's project progress tomorrow so we can hopefully fix this mess.

Jauntier

Years
  • "Tough break", more like un-fucking-fair.

I'll post with Rina's project progress tomorrow so we can hopefully fix this mess.

At least Rina is still in the lead for her store... at 0 points.

Spirited Away needs some serious Favor, and Castiel would have complimented Blair and Druag if he wasn't interrupted by the intruder. When the team comes back to base, he will give out due points.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • At least Rina is still in the lead for her store... at 0 points.

Spirited Away needs some serious Favor, and Castiel would have complimented Blair and Druag if he wasn't interrupted by the intruder. When the team comes back to base, he will give out due points.

Hey I made Blair smile that deserves 50 favor

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
  • Woah geez, Amarylles is fumed. Them fellas better think of something quick or there'll be hell to pay. Although Varien is now in the unfortunate spot of being a scapegoat for all of Goro's suspicions towards either store, now that Cicero has spun a tale of a shady 'mon attacking people and Castiel will have been attacked by Varien. As if that wasn't bad enough, Varien's in his invis mode and Goro might recognize the floating blue shape as the one he originally spotted at Spirited Away.
    Oh, Varien. I weep for thee, but it seems he's going to take the full brunt of the anger from not only Goro but both bosses.

Jauntier

Years
  • Hey I made Blair smile that deserves 50 favor

Another thing about Favor though is the employer has to witness something they like. So unless you show them what you did in their distraction or remind them of something good you did that may have slipped their busy mind, you may not receive favor for a favorable thing.

Which brings me to another idea:

I'd love an employee who just showboats and tries to take credit for others' ideas. I want an antagonistic worker whose poor behavior goes largely unnoticed by their employer. That'd be such a fun character to juggle.

Woah geez, Amarylles is fumed.

Can you imagine should Amaryllis find out about Varien's clash with not only Castiel but likely his involvement with Goro as well, just how distraught she'd be? Someone might bear the brunt of her unadulterated rage.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I'd love an employee who just showboats and tries to take credit for others' ideas. I want an antagonistic worker whose poor behavior goes largely unnoticed by their employer. That'd be such a fun character to juggle.

-------O shit, I was actually going to do something like this with Rina.

-------She was going to be a goody-goody to her boss that feinted insecurity and shyness in order to earn Amaryllis' pity. Her obsession with earning favor and credit would come at the expense of her coworkers.

-------Honestly, now that I bring it up again, I can't say I'm impressed with how Rina turned out in-comparison. I suppose it would be more challenging to write a character who is essentially "living a lie" and always out for da favor but it'd be more rewarding too. She'd be more memorable.

Jauntier

Years
  • -------O shit, I was actually going to do something like this with Rina.

-------She was going to be a goody-goody to her boss that feinted insecurity and shyness in order to earn Amaryllis' pity. Her obsession with earning favor and credit would come at the expense of her coworkers.

-------Honestly, now that I bring it up again, I can't say I'm impressed with how Rina turned out in-comparison. I suppose it would be more challenging to write a character who is essentially "living a lie" and always out for da favor but it'd be more rewarding too. She'd be more memorable.

I think Rina is still redeemable in that regard. In the first part of the past hour, she's exhibited what you wanted, but then when she wasn't quite getting her way, it appeared that her true insecurities started to boil up on her. Goro was there to help her calm down, and she still is in pursuit of favor--and may likely gain some since the only thing in the project area other than a few store-wide lanterns is one vase, and she's going to tackle the decoration all on her own--it just so happens that everyone else is shooting themselves in the foot with their actions, so she's not working at the expense of others right now as it is just honest hard work.

But the situation with Amaryllis as it is now, everyone sort of has to pretend to some degree with her, because she's in high-stress mode and anybody even tripping over themselves would send her in a rage, so feign mode is on right now.

Once this drama blows over, Rina can continue to pretend to like her coworkers since she has barely interacted with them the whole hour, but the impression with Amaryllis currently is that Rina is the problem child. But Amaryllis can be easily swayed otherwise with enough obsequiousness.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I don't know... At this point, I probably can't write her as intended, and it isn't as if this "version" of her isn't entirely dull. Still, I doubt it's too late to at least consider pursuing my original idea. Thanks for the feedback!

Jauntier

Years
  • Greiger, you are needed in the JP. I need your cooperation the most now that I've introduced the threat of Goro in the latest IC post.

You're welcome, Disclosed. Always happy to suggest!

WELL XTRASHY MAYBE SHES' GOTTA NIP SOME BUDS OR ELSE IT'S OFF WITH HER SHROOM HEAD

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • Forget-Me-Not
    NAME: Dandy the Pachirisu

SPECIES: Pachirisu

LEVEL: 30

MOVESET: Nuzzle (Usually done by accident), Helping Hand, Flatter, Sweet Kiss (Usually done by accident, the confusion is less "hurt self" and more just being overcome with a sense of adorableness)

APPEARANCE: Dandy has a pouch full of stickers that have his name on it in fancy letters. He hands them out to children and customers.

PERSONALITY: Dandy is excitable and quick talking. He tends to run rather than walk, and enjoys doing work around other people. He can be very childish at times, liking to play and do activities. Dandy has a strong work ethic, finding fun in his work, especially when he gets to interact with customers. He knows how to interact with customers, and use his cuteness to his advantage. He is obedient and loyal, and is hard to make angry.

Dandy's biggest flaw is his ego. Dandy loves to show off, and tends to do work in more flashy ways. Dandy is affectionate, and can be occasionally more open than others. He is also weak to being pet, which causes him to lose focus (be careful, petting his cheeks can result in paralysis). Dandy is small, and often climbs on other pokemon.

BACKGROUND: Dandy comes from the town of Jubilee, and has attended every summer festival. His best friends, Fera and Ron (a plusle and minun) would often run the grounds, antagonizing Goro, and browsing the shops. Now that Dandy is an adult, he is able to work at the festival, and Forget-Me-Not was hiring. Now Dandy is an employee, excited and ready to work.

Last edited:

Jauntier

Years
  • Forget-Me-Not

Hello, thank you for your interest in the roleplay! I review applications based on discrepancies, but before I begin, I encourage applicants to read up on the other employees applications so that they can form an interesting character that satisfies a niche role and yet broadens the group dynamic.

So let's take a look here:

Your application is pending. My questions are so that I may understand your character better, and any requests to edit are for the sake of establishing a boundary for the role-play:

1) I was discussing with another applicant vying for the same spot, dud190, about the viability of the move Dig in a setting where every square inch of land is considered legally-protected private property, and digging it up would be considered vandalism and a serious offense, so I'll have to ask you to kindly change that move out for another as well. The reason here is that this role-play kind of jokes off of the idea of a Pokemon town that is basically the personification of a rudimentary "first world" society, so those real-world consequences are prevalent in this universe. Thank you for understanding.

2) (EDIT) Bar the move Dig, you also have Flatter and Rain Dance. Flatter is an Egg move and Rain Dance is a TM move, and you can only have either or, so you'd have to pick one and change the other. Should you keep Rain Dance, that is an interesting move choice. Since the plot of the role-play revolves around the Summer Festival and good weather, I have to ask you what you plan to be the scope of that attack, to the logical extreme that you think is still fair to the role-play?

Those are my only discrepancies. Your application is to the point.

Last edited:
    Back