• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro reveals identity of the legendary forms

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Guess my theories of the new mascots being Solgaleo/Lunala + Necrozma fusions was right, but was wrong on who dominates the fusion (Necrozma dominates both). I always thought that both were Solgaleo and Lunala were wearing Necrozma parts as armor, but Necrozma simply possesses them.

Anyway, Necrozma has a pretty wonky movepool, having random attacks like (Night) Slash and Stealth Rock. The Dusk Mane version could look something like this, assuming Necrozma has access to its entire movepool plus Sunsteel Strike and that its Attack is greatly increased with the merge:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Psycho Cut/Zen Headbutt
    -Sunsteel Strike
    -Earthquake
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers

Years
    Now the question is, will these forms stay pure Psychic like Necrozma's original form (you know, like how Black and White Kyurem kept regular Kyurem's typing) or will it take the Steel and Ghost types from Solgaleo and Lunala?

As for abilities, I would like to see it take on Solgaleo and Lunala's own abilities, much like how Black and White Kyurem inherited Zekrom and Reshiram's abilities.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Now the question is, will these forms stay pure Psychic like Necrozma's original form (you know, like how Black and White Kyurem kept regular Kyurem's typing) or will it take the Steel and Ghost types from Solgaleo and Lunala?

As for abilities, I would like to see it take on Solgaleo and Lunala's own abilities, much like how Black and White Kyurem inherited Zekrom and Reshiram's abilities.
    I prefer Prism Armor. It is a lot better as it decreases the power of super effective moves. As for types, i don't mind either way.

Years
    For some reason, I can see them having new abilities with Dusk Mane Necrozma having Prism Body, a fusion between Prism Armor and Full Metal Body while Dawn Wings Necrozma can have Prism Shield, a fusion between Prism Armor and Shadow Shield. I think one reason for this is because it could follow the ORAS formula of adding moves and abilities in the game that weren't in the original Sun and Moon.

Back