• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro reveals identity of the legendary forms

Kartanaheart

Origami King
Years
  • I like that these are Necrozma forms and not Solgaleo/Lunala forms. My only disappointment is that it seems to just be another fusion like Black/White Kyurem.

I was hoping for a concept that those "forms" were not them fused, but Necrozma splitting and reconstructing its body and refracting light like a prism to imitate Solgaleo/Lunala, which is why they look..like they're made of light. It would add a nice trick to Necrozma which would make me love it even more!

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    I've lost hope for new Alola forms,

I wouldn't quite yet. This is just corocoro and Gamefreak has given them nothing but scraps ever since BW. It's not the media outlet it was for them in the past. So once the release date gets closer, I can guarantee they'll start shoving out the big news via youtube just like they have with XY and SuMo.

And given that Alolan's are indeed just other forms, and not "new" pokemon, I'd be willing to bet USumo will have them. Like, you know they have to have a boatload of designs that didn't make the cut for the original titles. Many of them probably for non-kanto pokemon.

Last edited:

User19sq

I'm still confused as to whether these new forms are considered Necrozma, or Solgaleo/Lunala. I hope we get a super-definitive answer soon, cuz it sounds like they're Necrozma, but appear to be the latter.

Years
  • I'm still confused as to whether these new forms are considered Necrozma, or Solgaleo/Lunala. I hope we get a super-definitive answer soon, cuz it sounds like they're Necrozma, but appear to be the latter.

CoroCoro reveals identity of the legendary forms
    CoroCoro reveals identity of the legendary forms

Notice that Necrozma is taking their power, and turning it into a hard-light like form.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    These are Necrozma forms. Corocoro confirms this. What a shame that this news was not enough to build hype.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • These are Necrozma forms. Corocoro confirms this. What a shame that this news was not enough to build hype.

Not enough to build hype? Not even a little bit? We still have a substantial chunk of information to deal with. We can guess that a. Nebby is still important, b. that Necrozma likely has a major role in the story, that c. that we might figure out what on Earth Necrozma even is, and that d. the story will probably be quite different than Sun and Moon's story. Not to mention in one of the shots we can see some kind of portal which looks much different from a Ultra Wormhole and that something with wings is in it, though I can't really tell exactly what it is because I don't really know how to read Japanese. It leaves more questions than answers but still, it's much better than just nothing, and we might get more news later.

Years
  • Not enough to build hype? Not even a little bit? We still have a substantial chunk of information to deal with. We can guess that a. Nebby is still important, b. that Necrozma likely has a major role in the story, that c. that we might figure out what on Earth Necrozma even is, and that d. the story will probably be quite different than Sun and Moon's story. Not to mention in one of the shots we can see some kind of portal which looks much different from a Ultra Wormhole and that something with wings is in it, though I can't really tell exactly what it is because I don't really know how to read Japanese. It leaves more questions than answers but still, it's much better than just nothing, and we might get more news later.

I think that is good, however no matter how much you tell him, he won't change his opinion, I think the best advice would be to ignore whatever he posts since he'll most likely keep posting negative thoughts on whatever and claim that it isn't real news. Every time we get some new information, he posts the same words or something similar, he's technically moving the goalposts.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Not enough to build hype? Not even a little bit? We still have a substantial chunk of information to deal with. We can guess that a. Nebby is still important, b. that Necrozma likely has a major role in the story, that c. that we might figure out what on Earth Necrozma even is, and that d. the story will probably be quite different than Sun and Moon's story. Not to mention in one of the shots we can see some kind of portal which looks much different from a Ultra Wormhole and that something with wings is in it, though I can't really tell exactly what it is because I don't really know how to read Japanese. It leaves more questions than answers but still, it's much better than just nothing, and we might get more news later.
    No we have not. All we got is new forms of Necrozma and Lycanroc, a unappealing photo club, a copy and paste region, pointless redesign of main characters and one z move.

That is not very substantial news. Guessing doesn't help at all. These games have not lived up to the hype standards. They have to do better than that.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • No we have not. All we got is new forms of Necrozma and Lycanroc, a unappealing photo club, a copy and paste region, pointless redesign of main characters and one z move.

That is not very substantial news. Guessing doesn't help at all. These games have not lived up to the hype standards. They have to do better than that.

What counts as substantial? The return of a Battle Frontier? More Alola Forms? Potentially spoileriffic material concerning Ultra Space? ~_~

When B2/W2 were announced does the fact they took place in Unova count as copy paste? When Dawn and Lucas got new outfits when Platinum came about was that pointless? If we don't actually know very much concerning when these games take place, if they're sequels or not... how's it simply laziness when there might be a purpose behind it?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • What counts as substantial? The return of a Battle Frontier? More Alola Forms? Potentially spoileriffic material concerning Ultra Space? ~_~

When B2/W2 were announced does the fact they took place in Unova count as copy paste? When Dawn and Lucas got new outfits when Platinum came about was that pointless? If we don't actually know very much concerning when these games take place, if they're sequels or not... how's it simply laziness when there might be a purpose behind it?

To be fair, when you compare the information that we know about USUM with the information we knew about B2W2 before it came out there is a significant difference. (I realize you're not saying we didn't get a lot of info, sorry I'm just using you because I really wanted to post this somewhere :p)

B2W2: character redesign (or new characters depending on what you count them as), an ice-covered map, 6 new forms, a new feature that doesn't have an affect on story and is for fun (Movies), new Gym Leaders, new towns and therefore new areas (Aspertia, Marlon's town, the junkyard south of the Poison city was also shown), version area differences showcased, old areas shown with new designs, new roles for old characters (Cheren and Bianca), new characters (Colress, Professor Burnet, Hugh), a redesign for the evil team, confirmation that new Pokemon are being added to the Unova Pokedex (arguably more of a big deal in B2W2 because the Pokedex only included Unova Pokemon before), changes to old features (Global Link), new extra feature (Dream Radar, Join Avenue, medals), some spoilers about the return of older characters (Ghetsis and N)

USUM: character redesign, new map but there aren't many huge glaring differences, 3 new forms, a new feature that doesn't have an affect on story and is for fun (Photo Club), a new Z-move

In fact, the information we've been getting is more like the stuff we got for Platinum: character redesigns, a new area explicitly shown/stated to exist (Distortion World and Battle Frontier) and others hinted at, 7 new forms, random features (Poffin changes, Battle Recording, random Wi-Fi games), new sprite revamps, new characters (Looker and Charon), expansion of Sinnoh Dex, throughout this time screenshots were also being leaked kinda frequently

But come on, it's 2017; it's not 2008 anymore. Now we still are a while away from the game and a lot of the B2W2 information was revealed up until the last minute, there is still a lot less information so far. It's not fair to call out people that are disappointed about the lack of information and say "well what did you want?" when we actually did have a lot more information before that could be considered hype-worthy (though I'm sure Alexander would just say most of it is pointless); just go check Serebii's archives from early 2012 (B2W2) and 2008 (Platinum).

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    What counts as substantial? The return of a Battle Frontier? More Alola Forms? Potentially spoileriffic material concerning Ultra Space? ~_~

Black 2 and White 2 actually had new areas unlike USUM. To get the games selling, you gotta have details that would hype the majority of the fans or else the games fans.

Battle Frontier is dead and not coming back. But they can do more alola forms and reveal pokemon that are not in SM. Something like that.

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
  • This news is coming out as quickly as corn syrup through an IV.

Hopefully the direct reveals something interesting.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • The more that I think about it... the more that I come to the conclusion that in fact yes, it is probably fair to do that.

I'm very wary of whether or not TPC(i)'s marketing strategies so far are any actual indication of substance (or lack thereof) in the games. If USUM is more comparable to Platinum as you say, then would it be such a significant deal considering the fact that Platinum is widely regarded as arguably one of the best main series games released, despite the fact that substance-wise, it didn't provide something that was too different than DP aside from a few new areas and a change of protagonist designs, etc.

The reason why I say it's probably fair though, is that like much like yourself (no offense though, that's just from my understanding), people seem to be comparing the current news we seem to be getting to past news and making some sort of... interesting conclusion jumping that just because there is a lack of actual news, that somehow is equivalent to lack of actual new content and substance in the game. Now, I'm not going to go into debating whether or not this is true, because for all we know it could be true with USUM (but simultaneously, it could not, and all this could just be TPCi's weird approach to marketing differently), but the bigger picture is that these small doses of information that we could be having is really not something we should overthink for now.

To draw parallels with past main game series in terms of news releases is really just setting yourself up for disappointment; TPC(i) can very well alter the way they channel information into the masses. The small reveals of information every now and again is probably intentional on their end to avoid revealing too much like they did with SM which caused some great annoyance with some people.

I'm not sure that I got my point across clearly, sorry. By comparing USUM to Platinum I did not mean the literal games. I meant even though Platinum is the same as DPPt, they still had a lot of information to give us... that's why I listed the pre-release information after I said that sentence. The main point (that I should have highlighted better) of my post was:
    when we actually did have a lot more information before that could be considered hype-worthy

I don't really see where in my post I said that no news = lack of content, but I guess I can see how you got to that point. The real thing I was trying to say is no news = no hype. I see so many posters here saying they're not excited because they want real news and many people are shooting them down and I don't feel that's right.

but the bigger picture is that these small doses of information that we could be having is really not something we should overthink for now.

I didn't mean to convey that I wanted a different piece of information, I mean, in the past we've had CoroCoro leaks that are simply "Hey, Keldeo has a different horn now" and "Hey we're changing Global Link this gen" and they're both important. The main thing I'm disappointed with is the lack of real, tangible information overall (not in this leak) we've been given. It's probably obvious at this point that there are going to be updated areas and that there is gonna be an updated dex in USUM. But in previous games we were actually told this, some screenshots were shared, a few Pokemon were included like "Hey, these are in the game now!" I made comparisons to Platinum to show that even though we can see now that Platinum is not much different, there was still more news to share.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Direct starts at 10 am for me. I wouldn't bother watching it. What happens if it has nothing about USUM? I just check Serebii to see if there is new. But the direct is gonna be a disappointment like corocoro and the previous months news.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    About the comparison of the news we have gotten in B2W2 and USM... I'm just gonna say that B2W2 was not a retelling of BW's story unlike USM being a retelling of SM's story, so of course we got a lot of news about B2W2 because that game has a lot of new stuff, because it was a 'sequel,' a continuation of BW's story.

USM is a retelling of SM, like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum, so of course we won't get much news of new stuff cuz ... what else is there to show? We basically know how the story will go. Adding more stuff into the game could make it feel more cluttered but I honestly wouldn't mind cuz that would mean lots of stuff we can do in these games~

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay, the English names of the forms are out!

The Necrozma-Solgaleo form is called Dusk Mane, and the Necrozma-Lunala form is Dawn Wings.

pkmin3033

Those are only slightly less edgy, but I still can't stop laughing. Especially at Lunala. Poor Lunala.

"Your bullets cannot harm me! My dawn wings are like a shield of steel!"

Back