• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Could Giovanni be Ash's dad?

Is Giovanni Ash's dad?

• Yes

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 19 67.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    It's a kid's cartoon, there won't be any massive drama over who the main character's father is, because the poor little kiddies will probably get confused. It'll probably either never be revealed or end up being a character never seen before in the show.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Do we even know if Delia is Ash's real birth mom? Maybe Ash was adopted.

Well, IF Ash was adopted, that would certainly explain Delia's surprised exclaim about whether Ash had a twin brother or not (since, honestly, had she given birth to Ash, she certainly would have known if he did have one or not).

As for the topic, probably not. For one thing, Giovanni and Ash met only once in the entire series (that being Mewtwo Returns), and they treated each other as if they were complete strangers. Given the close proximity between Pallet and Viridian, had he been Ash's father, Giovanni, at the very least, would have some idea. Plus, the only suggestible reason why Giovanni even wants Ash's Pikachu (and we don't even know if he himself actually wants it or if JJM seemed to just presume he wanted it) would have been its abnormally large power.

@KirbyChu: I know he was a storyboard director, but I'm pretty sure the interview in question also mentioned that he was the director of Pokemon at one point (I think the introduction, if I'm not mistaken, and I think it was from season 1 all the way up to Season 9, or for non-seasons, from the beginning of the Original series all the way up to the end of DP), so I'm pretty sure that, up until DP, at least, he had some control over the story.

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Giovanni Ashes father? no way.

Did anyone else noticed that Delia never work so how could they have money to life.
    Ash's dad works somewhere but he come to home sometimes but he is never seen.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Definitely no, because doesn't he keep on trying to steal ash's pickachu and he is also evil because he's with team rocket.
    Well, it could just be that he doesn't know he's his son, they've met before in the Mewtwo special. Being evil doesn't make you infertile. xD;

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2012
    hypothetically speaking if Giovanni was Ashe's father, how might Jessie and James react to this revalation?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Never gonna happen. If it happens, I am going to burn all things related to Pokemon in my house.
    Being dead serious here.

hypothetically speaking if Giovanni was Ashe's father, how might Jessie and James react to this revalation?
    The twerp's boss's son? Damn, we could have just forcefully taken Pikachu away and telling that his dad (Giovanni) wants it.

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    On some level I like the idea as a fan theory but not as actual canon. It could make a cool story but Giovanni is just too distant. I think the real reason he and Ash have never met is simply because they don't have anything to do with each other. Ash has no interaction with shuting Team Rocket down and the higher ups of Team Rocket don't have a clue who he is because, aside from the films, Ash is really nothing too special. It's fun to speculate on these things and I deffinetly enjoy thinking about ideas like this but I don't want them to be in the show.
    Zayin is right anyway. Mr. Mime and Delia are a little too close for a just friends relationship...

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020

Well, it could just be that he doesn't know he's his son, they've met before in the Mewtwo special. Being evil doesn't make you infertile. xD;

Nope, but interacting with said person like he's a total stranger even when, I don't know, he literally lives in the next town over certainly makes his being Ash's father less likely. Besides, Solidus recognized Raiden in MGS2 despite it being two decades since they last encountered each other (as they were close enough to being father and son to count), and heck, don't forget Darth Vader knowing about Luke being his son.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Of course not x)
    It's supposed to be a "simple scenario", focused on kid, so there aren't twisted things like that in the anime. The boss is just a wicked character , actually not that devilish (still in the anime), who's there in order to put a leader at Jessie, James and Meowth.
    Don't rack your brains about Ash's dad, it's just the anime, we don't need to know that, and anyway, we'll never know.

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • This is a rather strange conclusion, I honestly doubt that Giovanni isn't Ash's dad because he would have been asking about his father and he doesn't really focus on that. This means Ash knows who his father already is, he doesn't know he has a dad, or he doesn't care.

Back