• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Could I be a moderator for the pokemon TCG section?

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
Years
  • I don't know how you become a moderator, but i'd love to help the pokemon tcg section. I love to collect pokemon cards and answer other people's questions about them.
    If not, I Don't mind! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Unless things have changed in the past few years, mods for sections are chosen by higher staff. People used to say "Don't ask to become one!" but I don't see that as a problem because it shows some interest in PC.

One of the best ways to help in the section in to post in threads. Answer people's questions correctly, and make sure to give them good advice. Keep a good attitude while doing it too, since some times, you'll see the same questions pop up all the time.

If a post breaks the rules, report it! Don't deal with it yourself, because you don't have the powers for it. With reports, that helps icycatelf keep the section running well.

The one thing I should warn you about is that mods are added as needed, especially if the section is popular. Unfortunately, since the forums are slow, higher staff might think that the TCG section is doing well with just one mod for now. Please do not let this discourage your enjoyment of posting in the TCG section! It's just a fact of the way things are now on forums (but things can always change).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Usually the way it works is that higher staff (mods leads and admins these days) will bring it up amongst themselves if they feel that a section needs another moderator (or needs one if it currently doesn't have any). Sometimes they start looking for candidates at the request of a current mod, who wants a partner or two. Sometimes applications for specific staff positions, including Daily and Discord, are opened up.

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • Unless things have changed in the past few years, mods for sections are chosen by higher staff. People used to say "Don't ask to become one!" but I don't see that as a problem because it shows some interest in PC.

One of the best ways to help in the section in to post in threads. Answer people's questions correctly, and make sure to give them good advice. Keep a good attitude while doing it too, since some times, you'll see the same questions pop up all the time.

If a post breaks the rules, report it! Don't deal with it yourself, because you don't have the powers for it. With reports, that helps icycatelf keep the section running well.

The one thing I should warn you about is that mods are added as needed, especially if the section is popular. Unfortunately, since the forums are slow, higher staff might think that the TCG section is doing well with just one mod for now. Please do not let this discourage your enjoyment of posting in the TCG section! It's just a fact of the way things are now on forums (but things can always change).

Ah, I see thanks! didn't know how becoming a mod works😅

Back