• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Could it be?the final season of pokemon?

arstover

poke-hacking studios
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    Yep, sadly bestwishes (or black and white in the US and all other places) could be the last season. Agree with me or not. The way the "Best wishes" spells out, that could me best wishes to every one cuz were not making a nother season.
    That could be bad.

Attachments

• Could it be?the final season of pokemon?
      Pokemon_BW_Poster.jpg
      161.6 KB · Views: 45

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
    Years
  • Have you not thought of the possibility they named it 'Best Wishes' is to coincide with the theme of Black & White. It's just a play on words, or letters rather.

I don't think Pokemon will be ending anytime soon. As long as it's still in demand, it'll continue.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • You're looking into it way to much. Tbh, Ducklighter has the right idea. It won't end anytime soon, not as long as it brings in the money.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Simply put no. Pokemon has record sales in terms of game sales, it is one of the top rated Anime shows in Japan. So there would be no point to stop something that is good and is racking in the money.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    I agree with poster 2, 3 and 4. I also have the feeling that Best Wishes is an other fresh start like the first season, so maybe there will be the new season, and hope it so.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

It's just a play on words...and pokémon won't end. They wouldn't have the foresight to see its decline (if that ever happens), and it'll just fade away into obscurity.

The fact that Ash keeps losing is proof that they obviously don't plan to end it soon - I reckon they'd have him win a league, then go back to some others or something if they really wanted to end it.

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
    Years
  • Agreeing with the other posts, even though looking towards the future it would be interesting to see where and when it would end.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It's way too early to tell if B/W is the last season of Pokemon. As long as GameFreak makes the games, the anime keeps going.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Best Wishes is supposed to be a "revamp" of Pokemon, not the final season. So it's obviously a no.

Years
  • It's way too early to tell if B/W is the last season of Pokemon. As long as GameFreak makes the games, the anime keeps going.

Exactly, think of all the possibilities

Gen 6: Pokemon X Pokemon Y
    Pokemon Z scientific clone theme featuring new clone pokemon to rival mew/mewtwo

Gen 7: Pokemon Masamune Pokemon Khakkhara
    Pokemon Wakizashi a sword/vs. magic theme introducing new moves similar to Trick Room and sacred sword and the pokemon who use them.

For example....I thought the series would end with Gen 4 considering they brought in the "god" of pokemon. Arceus...

arstover

poke-hacking studios
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    Ahh, foo! I totaly agree now I was some how thinkin that!
    The games will keep comin and alog with the games comes the anime!

Years
  • I agree with Ducklighter, Best Wishes contains BW, referring to Black and White. Pokemon games have been so popular, and the anime racks in a lot of money so I don't think I see Pokemon ending anytime soon.

There could be a rumour that Ash and/or Team Rocket are leaving and replaced by new characters...

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    the pokemon company makes way to much money off of the cards the games and everything else they will pump out pokemon for years to come i belive pokemon will still be hot 40 years from now just thank god i have been a fan scence the start i love pokemon and will never hope to see it end hell i would love to play with my kids one day

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Iris and Cilan have that "here for more than one season" feeling, so no. This ain't the last season.
    There is no way Pokemon is coming to a end anytime soon.The only way Pokemon is coming to a end is when Ash becomes a Pokemon master,but the writers still are making money off of this show and it won't end anytime soon since the 6 gen is still on the way..

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • There is no way Pokemon is coming to a end anytime soon.The only way Pokemon is coming to a end is when Ash becomes a Pokemon master,but the writers still are making money off of this show and it won't end anytime soon since the 6 gen is still on the way..
    Plus we don't know what a Pokemon Master exaclty is. As we know a Pokemon Champion is someone who has defeated their regional or a Elite Pokemon League. But a Pokemon Master must be a higher status, since it hasn't be clarified or explained I am sure there will not be an end to Pokemon anytime soon.

Back