• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

could this be ashes year to win it all ???

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    like the title says could this finally be ashes year to win the unova leauge. he has failed in the past and i really am tired of seeing him lose like he does i think this could finally be his year to win whats your opinion on this

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Ashe? Well I don't know if this'll be his best year to beat the league and I can see why most fans are tired of him losing. He had batter chances on winning during the DP series but I can't tell as of now. Ash hasn't been doing too well in the Unova region. He hasn't won a match once with Trip. His Pokemon still needs time to develop. So far Ash did pretty good job in the DP series. He should have won that league since he had a good team but his team is all over the place right now so I wouldn't know. Maybe he might win or maybe he won't so I'm a bit both ways on this.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    i agree dp was his best chance i just dk bout how he raises his pokemon

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • First off it is not a matter of he could it is a matter of do the writers WANT him to win.

And I don't see how Ash has lesser chances winning this Saga then he did in DP. Did Ash not lose to Paul until the League? He lost one match to Roark, and forfeited an unofficial match to Fantina. That's doesn't sound to strong to me, unless the forfeit was because of a disruption(which I didn't watch the episode). Him having a good team is nice but did he not have a good team in the Silver Conference? He had his original team with Charizard and Snorlax along with Pikachu, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle. And he still lost to Harrison Blaziken.

It seems to early to say rather his team is league worthy or not. At this point in DP he had what Pikachu, Turtwig, Stravia, and Aipom? That looks like a formidable team... Then again by the fourth gym he did have Buizel over Aipom, Chimchar, and Gligar. Still not that much better.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • In my opinion, it's kinda early to tell. But from what I'm seeing in this season of the anime. It might as well be another loss for him. He might end up losing in the semi-finals, probably. That's just a guess.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Like everyone else, I think it's way to early to tell. He's only at his 4th badge... well! Not even there yet.

The writers will make Ash win the league when the anime ends IMO. That's what I've always thought and that's what I'll continue to think until proven wrong. But I certainly don't think that this league is going to be his victory league.

Years
  • People need to realize that Ash is only 10 and there are tons of more powerful trainers out there. They also need to realize that the writers are going to prolong Ash's victory for a long time because they most likely are planning to let him win towards the end of this anime. Not to say that it's definite that the writers will scrap Ash once he wins, but it's obvious they're stretching Ash's journey very thin.

I also think people focus on league tournaments too much. The writers still allow us to see that Ash is improving without letting him win leagues. The Orange Islands and the Battle Frontier are prime examples of this.

Hey, at least we get to see Ash improve in the leagues tournaments. Let's take a look at how he's lost.

• Ash's Charizard completely disobeys him which causes him lose the match. On top of that, this is a match Ash definitely should have won. This shows that Ash has a very long way to go.
    • Ash loses to a powerful trainer, but comes close to victory. The same Charizard that lost him the match now obeys him without question.
    • Again, Ash barely loses to a very powerful trainer. This time Ash used only Pokemon he caught and trained in Hoenn. Ash might've had a shot to win if he spent his time working with his older Pokemon
    • Ash loses to a random but incredibly powerful guy with at least two legendary Pokemon. Ash showed a lot of promise and had a great shot at this one. People are two busy ranting about Ash losing to realize that it now takes a guy with incredibly powerful Pokemon or legendaries to beat him.
    He's improving ever so slightly. On a side-note, I wonder what the reaction would be if Ash only made the top 16 this time.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    my thinking also is that the writers should age ash a lil more make him 15 the writers can take ash's journey for another 20 years if they play the part right i love the fact that the whole journey he has been 10 but i think its bout time to age him

Kowai

Elite
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2011
    Every season is almost exactly like the previous one. He starts off as a 10 year old and a level 5 Pikachu. Then makes a rival that has far less experience and loses time after time to him. At the end of the season, Ash finally beats his rival and loses in the next round to someone else. It's almost like watching a rerun of the season that just ended. Having the same exact plot but with different Pokemon isn't exactly entertaining when you can predict the outcome. Although it would be cool if he could catch a legendary or something rare without letting it go for once.

Years
  • I'd like to say he has a good chance of winning this, but I'm currently quite unsure.

He's team currently is a bit all over, whereas in most seasons he just has a set team of 6, this time he has more then that and is seen switching his team around quite a bit. Meaning not all of his Pokemon are gonna be very strong this season i feel.

Fans thought he had a really good chance of winning last season and he didn't, he did come very close though, so maybe this year the writers will be nice and let him win or get top 5.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Every season is almost exactly like the previous one. He starts off as a 10 year old and a level 5 Pikachu. Then makes a rival that has far less experience and loses time after time to him. At the end of the season, Ash finally beats his rival and loses in the next round to someone else. It's almost like watching a rerun of the season that just ended. Having the same exact plot but with different Pokemon isn't exactly entertaining when you can predict the outcome. Although it would be cool if he could catch a legendary or something rare without letting it go for once.
    Level 5? They don't do levels in the anime as they in the games. Saying "that pokemon is a high level does mean an exact level." I would say Ash has caught rare pokemon in the past. Lapras aren't or at least were not exactly abundant during the time of Orange Islands. Since the only one you could obtain in the game was through the person in Silph Co. Catching legendaries though would seem over board, I would rather him catch a fossil instead. It would just be interesting if they didn't nerf Pikachu, dumb down Ash, don't give him a guy with a freaking Darkrai to face, and then maybe Ash would have a chance.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • Yeah, it took a guy with two legends to beat Ash in DP, which was just like wow. Anyway, it's be nice to see him win, but as you said it's up to the writers.

.Marion

RNG Master
    Years
  • I think Ash will be taking the win for Unova league this time around... And I pretty much think that this will be his final pokemon series and will be replaced by another protagonist... And maybe we can get a glimpse of what happened to him soon after. Maybe a timeskip will do..

CyberBlaziken

huh? whaaaaat?
    Years
  • I think it is. Seemingly the only person to ever beat Tobias' unbeatable Darkrai and also Latios. Taking down 2 Legendaries. Nuff said.

But a setback is Pikachu losing to Trip's Snivy -.-

Makbets

Cookie Lover
    Years
  • Ikr? Pikachu was able to tie with like a lvl 60 Latios. But lost to somekind of Lvl 5 Snivy.. .-.

Anyways..I think that in Unova League Ash will be in Top 4 or Top 2, but he won't win.. -_-

Years
  • Ikr? Pikachu was able to tie with like a lvl 60 Latios. But lost to somekind of Lvl 5 Snivy.. .-.

Anyways..I think that in Unova League Ash will be in Top 4 or Top 2, but he won't win.. -_-

Yeah lol. I have no idea how Pikachu can stand up to a Latios then the writers let a Snivy beat it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I think Ash will be taking the win for Unova league this time around... And I pretty much think that this will be his final pokemon series and will be replaced by another protagonist... And maybe we can get a glimpse of what happened to him soon after. Maybe a timeskip will do..
    I hope so, it's better then having him dumb down to the level of a newbie all the time. One reason I think he may go if any is they diminished the role of TR. They may appear every couple episodes now whereas they used to appear in every episode. And I more then a time skip they just need progression period. You can't have the guy be 10 forever unless he wished for eternal youth from Jirachi.

Ikr? Pikachu was able to tie with like a lvl 60 Latios. But lost to somekind of Lvl 5 Snivy.. .-.

Level 60 Latios? Where did it say the exact level again? Again they don't do this based on levels. Charizard for instance was a Charmeleon one or two episodes I find it heard to believe he could jum 20 "levels" in two episodes. He evolved based on a need not a level.

Yeah lol. I have no idea how Pikachu can stand up to a Latios then the writers let a Snivy beat it.
    Not surprising considering he also beat Brandon Regice and Tied against Paul Elekid. They will have one reason or another to power down Pikachu and reset him so to speak just like Ash with his competence level.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Every season is almost exactly like the previous one. He starts off as a 10 year old and a level 5 Pikachu. Then makes a rival that has far less experience and loses time after time to him. At the end of the season, Ash finally beats his rival and loses in the next round to someone else. It's almost like watching a rerun of the season that just ended. Having the same exact plot but with different Pokemon isn't exactly entertaining when you can predict the outcome. Although it would be cool if he could catch a legendary or something rare without letting it go for once.
    The writers are under the assumption that most of their viewers haven't seen the earlier sagas. They're probably right.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    ash is a good trainer but like some ppl have said earlier they mke him seem like a noob when the season starts and he moves to a new region if anything he should be the badest mother around for awhile

Years
  • ash is a good trainer but like some ppl have said earlier they mke him seem like a noob when the season starts and he moves to a new region if anything he should be the badest mother around for awhile

The change from the Diamond and Pearl seasons to Unova are the worst by far imo. I mean he even throw a Pokeball at a Pokemon without fighting it, that's lame even for him it's like he's starting out from his home town again.

Back