• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create a Move!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The Create an Ability thread made me think it'd fun if we came up with moves that don't currently exist. Give the move a name, type, description, base power and accuracy (if applicable), effects (if applicable), and whatever else you want. I'll start:

-Raging Whirlpool:
    Not the same as the already existing Whirlpool. The user summons a massive, violent, ground-hugging whirlpool that damages ALL other Pokemon on the field, except those that have Levitate (or are immune via other means).
    Type: Water, Special
    Power/Accuracy: 120, 100%
    PP: 5
    Effects: none
    Can't help but put this in here too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs93c9KavvU

-Bad Lottery:
    The user randomly inflicts one status effect on one opposing Pokemon. The move fails if the Pokemon already has a status effect, or is immune to the status effect that is chosen.
    Type: Normal
    Power/Accuracy: --/95%
    PP: 10
    Effects: see description

Last edited:

Mr.Fish

Splashing About
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2021
    Steam Wave
    (Not to be confused with heat wave)
    Type:Water
    Power/Accuracy: 60, 90%
    PP:10
    The user lets off a wave of steam that damages all other pokemon in range. Power doubles if the user is burned or was hit by Fire type move earlier in the turn. No additional affects.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I were to create a move, I'd call it "Buffed." It would raise the user's Attack, Defense, and Special Defense by one stage on each use, and decrease their Speed by a stage as well. It would be given access to Pokémon that are generally slow, such as Swampert, Scizor, and Bronzong. I'd also make an attack called "Shining Fist." It would have a base power of eighty, its accuracy would be a hundred, and lastly, it would have a seventy-percent chance of sharply raising your Attack stat. (:

Years
  • Okay here's the move I'd create:

Tractor Beam
    Type: Psychic, special
    Flavor Text: The user lifts its target up into the air with an unearthly beam. The target cannot move while under the attack.
    When this move is used, the target is "lifted" (gains properties of levitate). On the next turn, it can't attack, switch or use items. Once the turn ends, this pokemon crashes back down, can move again, and takes damage (loses properties of levitate). During the turn it cannot move, the target can be attacked again.
    Power: 75
    Accuracy: 80%

This move is exclusive to Beeheeyem and Magnezone

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • Hot coals: Hot coals are thrown at the opponents team, burning them upon entrance. Levitate is immune. Fire type makes them disappear upon entrance.

Edit: flying type is immune. For balancing, the use of the move waterfall and surf gets rid of the hot coals.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Pollen Pulse:
    The user unleashes a barrage of Pollen towards the opponent. It has a chance of lowering the opponent's Special Defense on hit.
    Type: Bug; Special
    Power/Accuracy: 80/100
    We need more special Bug type moves.

Mantle Blast:
    The user absorbs energy out of the mantle, boosting it's Special Defense. Then, next turn, unleashes a powerful blast from the energy of the mantle. Special Defense returns to normal after.
    Type: Ground; Special
    Power/Accuracy: 140;90

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Haha, so you beat me to it, eh? I was thinking of making this, but was going to wait, ah well. Anyhow, I feel more dark moves should exist.

Shadow Blade:
    Not to be confused with Night Slash, this is a move select legends and powerful Pokemon can use. The Pokemon creates a Dark Blade from whatever it can and slashes the foe into oblivion. Speaking of which, Pokemon that can use are (but not limited to): Gallade, Bisharp, Unova's 4 Sword Legends, Darkrai, the Honedge family, and Yveltal.
    Classification: Physical
    Type: Dark
    Power: 100
    Acc.: 95

Vamp Beam:
    A beam of pure shadow that steals the life of other Pokemon and adds it to the user's HP.
    Classification: Special
    Power: 80
    Acc.: 100

Aaaand... Just to have one that afflicts a status:

Shadow Scream
    A deafening scream that is unavoidable and makes all who hear stop in paralysis out of fear. (Pokemon with Soundproof and Ghost types are unaffected.)
    Classification: Status
    Power: --
    Acc.: --

I'll probably put more in here later.

Last edited:

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
    Years
  • Feel free criticize anything OP here!

Swarm Link
    -Bug-Type
    -Physical
    -60 Power
    -15 PP
    -95% Accuracy
    -This move adds 30 to its base power for every other Bug-Type in the Trainer's team, capping at 120. Swarming just kind of seemed like a natural thing for Bug-Type Pokémon, you know? Something for Vespiquen and Durant, maybe this could be a Bug Gym Leader's TM. Struggle Bug and Infestation haven't set a stellar reputation for Bug-Type TMs!

Resonance Power
    -Psychic-Type
    -Special
    -Take everything else from Swarm Link, and replace every instance of "Bug" with "Psychic"! The idea of several Psychic-Types combining mental powers for an overload attack sounds pretty killer to me!

Tidal Impact
    -Water-Type
    -Physical
    -100 Power
    -5 PP
    -100% Accuracy
    -All Pokémon adjacent to the target take damage at 50 base power. I'm seeing this move being used by Wailord or Carracosta or Lugia, anything that would leave a massive wake with a belly flop! Iron Giant, you know?

Wood Plating
    -Grass-Type
    -Status
    -N/A Power
    -10 PP
    -N/A Accuracy
    -The user's Defense is maxed out, at the cost that any Fire-Type damage dealt to the user will be doubled, also neutralizing the Defense boost. Being burned alive in wooden armor isn't the greatest way to go, but Sudowoodo could get some serious mileage out of this!

More to come, I like this thread!

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Roll Call:
    Drags out any Pokemon from the opponent's team that has one of the same typings. (If 2 or more have one of the same typings, the chances will go from 100% to 50% to 25% and so on.)
    Class: Status
    Accuracy: 90
    PP: 25

Hm... You know, some legendaries didn't get signature moves... Let's fix that.

Mind Control:
    Upon use, the opponent will hit itself with its most powerful move, regardless of typing or stats. Causes confusion along paralysis. (Only for use by Mew. Learned at level 100.)
    Class, Type, and Power: Depend on foe's move.
    Accuracy: 100
    PP:5

Storm Raid:
    Attacks the foe with a full-on shot of water. Power increases in rainfall. (Kyogre only. Level 100)
    Class: Special
    Type: Water
    Power: 100 (130 in rain)

Solar Onslaught
    Attacks the foe with a full-on shot of fire. Power increases in sunlight. (Groudon only. Level 100.)
    Type: Fire
    Power: 90 (150 in Sun)
    PP:5

Dragon Strike:
    A full-on physical attack with recoil damage. If the foe is not defeated by the strike it will guaranteed cause confusion. (Rayquazza only, you get the gist.)
    Class: Physical
    Type: Dragon
    Power: 150

Last edited:

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Well, I can't really think of a creative new move, so I'll just go with rip-offs of already-existing moves.

Gratitude:
    Inflicts more damage the higher the user's Happiness is.
    Power: ??

Depression:
    Inflicts more damage the lower the user's Happiness is.
    Power: ??

So yeah, they're just Special variations of Return and Frustration. I'm surprised GF hasn't done this yet. Gardevoir, Sylveon and Porygon-Z would really rock with a Special version of Return!

Years
  • Name: Shatter
    Type: Psychic
    Description: A strong psychic blast that negates barrier moves.Basically a similar move to Brick Break. It does damage whilst negating the effects of Barrier, Reflect, Light Screen etc..
    Category: Special
    Power/Accuracy: 75/100

Name: Gravity Rush
    Description: The user slams the opponent with a special power that warps gravity around the opponent. Does damage whilst negating the advantages of flyers and levitators. Also affects those using Magnet Rise.
    Category: Physicial
    Power/Accuracy: 80/90

Name: Flash Freeze
    Type: Ice
    Description: The user spits ice-cold air at the opponent that freezes them instantly. An Ice variant of Will-O-Wisp, but with less accuracy since Freeze is worse than Burn.
    Category: Status
    Power/Accuracy: ---/75

Name: Aura Break
    Type: Fighting
    Description: Drawing upon the power of Aura the user launches a powerful punch at the opponent. A signature move for Lucario.
    Category: Physical
    Power/Accuracy: 120/85

Name: Swoop
    Type: Flying
    Description: The user ambushes their opponent swooping at them from behind.This attack always goes first. A +1 priority for those flying types who didn't get the gift of Gale Wings.
    Power/Accuracy: 50/100

That's all for now, hope you like them.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Shield Thrust
    Type: Steel
    Description: The user takes all of its defensive powers and hurtles it at the opponent.
    Power/Accuracy: 90/100

Basically, the attack goes off of the defense stat instead of the attack stat. Useful for pokemon like Bastiodon who can't really attack, but is a really good wall.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2017
    Palmfront

type: fighting
    category: physical
    power: 65
    accuracy: 100
    A hit with the palm on the front. It may cause the foe to flinch.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
  • Eerie Gaze
    Type: Ghost
    Category: Other
    Accuracy: --
    PP: 40
    The opposing Pokemon is affixed with a stare that lowers evasiveness. Ghost-type moves will now hit Normal-types.

Black Haze
    Power: 120
    Accuracy: 75
    A pitch-black haze sweeps over the field, hitting all opponents. It may flinch targets when it hits.

...Uh, off the top of my head. The former is something I'm really wondering why there's not a move for, and the latter... I think Dark-types need more Special options~

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Old Feud
    Type: Dragon
    PP: 15
    Description: An ancient Oath that allows Dragons to hit Fairies

Draw Fire
    Description: in Double/Multi-Battles if you have two Fire Pokemon you can reduce one's Special Attack by two stages and boost the other's Special Attack by two stages.

Drown
    Type: Water
    Power/Accuracy: --/30
    Description: KOs any Pokemon except for Water and Grass types

Years
  • New Tricks
    Category: Neither
    Power/Accuracy: --/--
    Description: The Pokemon is given a random moveset for the remainder of the battle.

Dissociative Identity
    Category: Neither
    Power/Accuracy: --/--
    Description: The Pokemon gains a second identity, with which it effectively switches places every turn. They each store their own HP, PP, and mental status conditions like Confusion and Attract. However, physical conditions like Burning and Poisoning stay. The second identity has weaker stats than the first and may be of a different gender. This move can be Baton Passed.

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • This is something I've thought of for awhile. We have elemental punches and elemental fangs, but what about elemental claws?

Searing Slash
    Type: Fire/Physical
    Power: 70
    Has an increased critical hit ratio (25%) as well as a chance to burn (10%).

Tesla Slash
    Type: Electric/Physical
    Has an increased critical hit chance (25%) and a chance to paralyze (10%).

Arctic Slash
    Type: Ice/Physical
    Has an increased critical hit ratio (25%) and a chance to freeze (10%).

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    I took my time to read all other entries here, some are really nice. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of new moves would be something along these two:

Shock Dash
    Type: Electric
    Base Power: 80
    Description: The user dashes at the target enveloped in eletricity. It may also leave the target with paralysis (10%).

Physical electric types deserve love too without recoil.

Raging Headbutt
    Base Power: 80
    Description: The user enrages itself so much its head starts burning, then it attacks. It may flinch (10%) the target. May also leave a burn (10%).

Physical fire types too deserve love. Now I could use Rapidash, though I would prefer its hidden ability was Rock Head so I could throw a party of Fire Blitz. xD

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    Name:Haunt
    Type:Ghost/Special
    Base Power:N/A
    Accuracy:70
    Description:Foe is too scared to attack, and the foe's defence is cut in half.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Warrior Rapter and Giovanni's post made me think of these

Blazing Dash:
    The Pokemon uses fire to propel themselves at the target. This move almost always goes first.
    Type: Fire, Physical
    Power: 40
    Effects: +1 priority

Blitzkreig:
    The user charges at the opponent like a bolt of lightning. This move almost always goes first.
    Type: Electric, Physical
    Power: 40
    Effects: +1 priority

Let's give some other types priority moves too!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back