• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Event Create-a-Pokémon Form

Years
  • Create-a-Pokémon Contest

Event Information

Welcome to Create-a-Pokémon. Heavily inspired by Duck's/Cubeth's Fakemon Design Contest of last year, this is a contest all about creating your own (duh) Pokémon! We will be following a similar format to last year - two prompts, two weeks. Week 1 of the GT will be for the first prompt, and Week 2 the second.

As this year's theme heavily leans into the idea of time and its paradoxes, we'll be looking at contestants creating different forms of existing Pokémon - a Mega Evolution and a Paradox form of a Pokémon. A new version of both an old and new Pokémon gimmick!

Submission Rules

Submissions must follow these rules:
    1. One entrant per user only. This also goes for any people teaming up - you cannot team up to make one entry and then make your own entries on top of that.
    2. KEEP IT PG - no gore/suggestive/etc. material, just imagine that you're producing something you would show a 10 year old kid.
    3. Entries must be made AFTER the prompt is handed out.
    4. NO usage of AI to create any part of the prompt. We do not like AI usage here.
    Rule 2 and 4 being broken will result in moderation and disciplinary action where required, as this is breaking PokéCommunity rules.

Submissions, once completed, are to be sent via forum PM to myself, gimmepie and Kitty. Submissions for week 1 will need to be with us by 00:00 EST August 18th and week 2 by 00:00 EST August 25th.

Points and scoring

Scoring for the event will follow the same rubric as last year. This is as follows:
    • 40% of points for how well you match the prompt
    • 30% for visual design*
    • 30% for textual design**
    *To clarify, visual design is just how well you can visually depict the Pokémon to us. This can be done of course through various art mediums/methods, but for those not necessarily confident in that area you are more than happy to try and describe how your Pokémon comes across visually.
    **To clarify, this is how well you have managed to create the lore for your Pokémon. Does the Dex entry make sense when looking at the overall design, does it match up with the visual aspects of the Pokémon, does it thematically make sense based on the species, and such. A good way to look at the criteria would be:

Pokémon name: Does it fit in with your Pokémon's theme? Is it fairly easy to see how the name came together? Is it something easy to say?
    Species name: Is this something relevant to the Pokémon's lore? Does it help flesh out your concept?
    Typing: As cool as making your Gyarados evolution Electric/Ground, does it make sense? Does the lore and theme explain why your Pokémon is the Type combination it is. I.e. a Pokémon that doesn't really have anything to suggest it can fly PROBABLY shouldn't be part Flying Type.

Evo method etc. (if applicable): Again, does it tie in with your theme/lore, does it flesh it out?

Pokédex entry: Is this able to concisely summarise the ideas you've put together into a simple explanation, so someone can easily see where your ideas have come from? Does it tie everything together logically?

For an example, see below:

Spoiler:

Regarding points, points are awarded thus for each prompt:

1st Place - 100 points
    2nd Place - 50 points
    3rd Place - 25 points
    Participation - 5 points

Current Event Progress:

Prompt 1 - Mega Evolution
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3
    Entry 4
    Entry 5

Prompt 2
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3
    Entry 4
    Entry 5

Last edited:
    Years

Round 1 - Make-a-Mega

This week's round is all about every fangame creator's dream - giving your favourite underlooked Pokémon some much needed love. Whether that's a hefty stat increase, new Ability, or why not even both with a fancy new Mega Evolution? This week's prompt is about exactly that.

You and your partner (if you have one), will need to choose an existing Pokémon and put together a Mega Evolution for it. By existing Pokémon, we mean Pokémon only from mainline games in Generations 1-9 (including any Pokémon that already have a Mega Evolution). No Fakemon please.

Your submission should include the following items
    Spoiler:

Submissions to be sent via private message (here or on Discord) to myself, gimmepie and Kitty please!

Years
  • I am going to be submitting a mega evolution too! I had a small question about the species name. Are we being asked to identify the official species name to make it look more like the pokedex text, i.e Fearow is the beak pokemon, or do you want us to use this space to create a brand new moniker that scientists use just for the mega?

Years
  • I am going to be submitting a mega evolution too! I had a small question about the species name. Are we being asked to identify the official species name to make it look more like the pokedex text, i.e Fearow is the beak pokemon, or do you want us to use this space to create a brand new moniker that scientists use just for the mega?

Will have to double check with Aaron, but I assume the former.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Maybe I'm not so proud of it after all but I did my research and all that 😤 submission sent for team klinks!

Years

Round 2 - Paradox Pokémon

This week we're going back (or forward) in time with giving your Pokémon a look at their potential ancestor or descendant!

You and your partner (if you have one), will need to choose an existing Pokémon and put together a Paradox Pokémon form for it! By existing Pokémon, we mean Pokémon only from mainline games in Generations 1-9 (including any Pokémon that already have a Paradox form). No Fakemon please.

Your submission should include the following items
    Spoiler:

Submissions to be sent via private message (here or on Discord) to myself, gimmepie and Arcaneum please!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Will there be any feedback on last week's submission? I was hoping to hear from the judges, and know If there was something I did good or bad, so that I can take any advice to heart and use it to maybe make the next submission a little bit better.

Years
  • Will there be any feedback on last week's submission? I was hoping to hear from the judges, and know If there was something I did good or bad, so that I can take any advice to heart and use it to maybe make the next submission a little bit better.

We're trying to get results out as fast as possible. They're just about done.

Years

Round 1 - Results

Alright, the results are in! The scores below are split by judge and ordered as prompt matching, visual design, textual design. Your final scores are all listed together at the end. There was a lot of great ideas here, so I'm hyped to see what you'll all do with the freedom Paradox mon give you next round.

Strix - Mega Druddigon

Spoiler:

Kitty - 40 | 30 | 25
    This is super cool! The gargoyle aesthetic is really cool and I love how you manage to show it off in the design, while keeping the origin intact. Would have loved to see more in depth text features, however. Perhaps potential reasons why you chose rock? Maybe this Druddigon specifically liked to perch so much that it unlocked it's rock genes? Something like that!

gimmepie - 40 | 30 | 10
    I'm also a fan of leaning into the gargoyle aspect of Druddigon. Becoming partially stone, weighted down to the point of almost being rooted in place was a cool idea. I feel like the reasoning behind this power up was kind of lacklustre though.

Arcaneum - 40 | 15 | 20
    I love the design progressing the idea of Druddigon becoming more and more like a gargoyle as it evolves. The Typing and Ability choice really reflect that, just wish for a little bit more in terms of entry/lore and the design could've maybe been further into the 'turning into rock' stage!

Lavender - Mega Spidops

Spoiler:

Kitty - 35 | 10 | 20
    You did well showing off how terrifying Spidops could be with the idea of a Mega! The visual however looks more like a variant of a Spidops than a Mega Evolution entirely. Adding the spikey bits to the head is a nice shout; I'd say play with what makes Spidops (and spiders) terrifying in the first place. More eyes, larger butt... Don't be scared to make it look pretty different!

gimmepie - 30 | 10 | 15
    I like the idea of playing into the fear and arachnaphobia angle of Spidops being a spider. It's good idea - although the ability you created for it is completely broken. Design-wise, you definitely came up with something better-looking than the base Spidops, but I feel like it doesn't connect well to the thematics you went with.

Arcaneum - 30 | 15 | 22.5
    Finally a Spidops I can look at. Really interesting Pokémon to pick and I like that you went with something so new! I think the ability may perhaps break this a little too much, causing too much of a swing from what Spidops is like now. I like the design trying to show more of the terrifying side of Mega-Spidops, I just wish there was a bit more than a change of the head/face.

5qwerty - Mega Sceptile X

Spoiler:

Kitty - 35 | 5 | 25
    Shrek aside the concept you have for the Mega is actually solid; I like the idea of an "alternate" Mega Evolution form with X (seeing that we do have Mega Sceptile) that's a direct contrast to it-- with the og being a "revitalizer of nature", and this X version being exiled, unable to care for nature like their counterparts.

gimmepie - 25 | 5 | 25
    Mechanically, this is pretty in-line with what I expected for a mega. I could see Gamefreak doing this. Although, it is very powerful. The lore concept is actually really cool, but it feels more like an a variant's description than a mega's. No comment on the Shrek thing.

Arcaneum - 35 | 10 | 22.5
    For a meme this is not half bad. The lore/entry is really good, I like the idea of using the Shrek stuff to create essentially a vigilante Sceptile. Stat spread is a bit wild, but the Ability folds into the lore nicely as well.

Apro - Mega Venomoth

Spoiler:

Kitty - 40 | 30 | 30
    Short and sweet and conveys the point nicely while keeping a neat look as to "why" the Pokemon looks like this. This is very creative and I really love the design you did for the Mega! The skull and crossbones look ties in well to the Pokemon-close-to-death aesthetic while keeping the form of Venomoth still there.

gimmepie - 40 | 28 | 28
    The concept behind this is very cool. I love the idea of a frail bug overrun with power it can barely contain and desperately clinging to life. The typing and ability make perfect sense for your concept and I like what you did with the stats. It's a shame Venomoth doesn't have the Ghost moves to match, but we can ignore that. I like what you were going for with the design, but the wing-shape does make it fell just a tad goofy.

Arcaneum - 40 | 27.5 | 27
    I love this!!! Venomoth bias aside, I like this idea of its toxins becoming so potent, that it's become this evil spirit trying to cling on for life, a bit like a horror movie monster. Creative and also nice choices in Type, Stats and Ability. All interesting options whilst also sticking to the lore. The design is fantastic - I love taking that cliché of the skull and crossbone motif and turning it into a literal body + wings, great stuff Apro.

Panda - Mega Swalot

Spoiler:

Kitty - 40 | 20 | 30
    The concept is neat and is also pretty solid for an idea! However the design seems to tell a different story; I understand the intention of the diamond patterns solidifying, but considering that it looks more of a suit and it doesn't fully cover the body, the "acid" still overflows? I think you could play around with adding more of the poison bag elements you mentioned (maybe in addition to the diamonds solidifying, you could add "spillovers"?), give it a larger mouth than it usually has, etc.

gimmepie - 35 | 10 | 25
    I like the concept here for similar reasons as I like Apro's Venomoth. I enjoy the idea of Swalot being driven to greater extremes by the intensity of mega evolution and the implication that it has to eat more and more to help fuel that increased power. I do think that the design could link to the concept more though. Right now it feels quite disconnected.

Arcaneum - 40 | 20 | 23
    Always love seeing these, because I can guarantee at least one overlooked Pokemon gets the love, such as Swalot! I like the idea of it evolving into something powerful enough that it needs to contain it. Design is nice, although doesn't change too much, I would've loved to perhaps see more of the powerful poison it's trying to contain. The text side is great, I am a bit unsure on diamonds being used here when said parts of the Pokémon are black.

Eleanor - Mega Parasect

Spoiler:

Kitty - 40 | 30 | 30
    I love the Mega idea! I know Parasect has been delved in before in previous events like this but it's still super good, the parasitic idea you went with went in a completely different and unique direction and the idea/textual context you have clearly explains your concept. If you want you could emphasize the "mushroom" part a bit more too, with only a few bits of the shell of its past paras-life.

gimmepie - 40 | 30 | 28
    This is a fantastic idea for a mega. Fuelling the fungal parasite over the decaying Parasect body, with the cordyceps outgrowing its host and taking complete control. The visual design is really cool and connects very well to the lore behind it. My only real complaint is that while there's some science to back it up, the ability you chose was very clearly more about dealing with Grass' natural weakness to Fire than your thematic choices. Parasect also doesn't have the Water moves to properly benefit from Water Bubble either.

Arcaneum - 40 | 30 | 27
    Very interesting, as I believe we actually had one of these as part of our Make-a-Megas and yet it feels so different? LOVE the continuation of the parasite taking over the Pokémon and now in its latter stages of its life cycle .The design really nails this, alongside the lore. Only downside for me is I think because of Parasect's massive typing flaw, some of the lore etc. decisions here focus on that more than the original design ethos of the Pokémon. Amazing all around though.

VisionofMilotic - Mega Pyroar

Spoiler:

Kitty - 40 | 30 | 30
    The lore, concept and overall design is super good! Kudos on the female version having a Mega form as well. I love the tie ins to the egypt of old, and the fire mane upgrade is a very nice touch-- leaning into the godly power of Ra and keeping their fire typings intact. The abilities and battle concept you have for it is also really fun and something I like seeing in Mega Evolution concepts.

gimmepie - 40 | 15 | 30
    I like the lore and the concept a lot here and the progression from lion to sphinx makes a lot of sense to me. Your stat choices feel well-balanced and make sense to me. The ability you created is very cool and makes a lot of thematic sense, but is definitely something that would be very annoying and might even push the line into a tad overpowered. Design-wise, while I like the idea, it does kind of just feel like you stuck wings on Pyroar.

Arcaneum - 40 | 30 | 30
    A really well thought-out entry. The idea of Pyroar turning from lion to a Sphinx is a direction I would never think to take this Pokémon in! I like the Ability fitting in with this too, whilst also not feeling TOO broken (stat spread the same). Design is great and I appreciate the effort of showing the dimorphism with the male/female forms. Great work!

Score Tally

Strix - 80%
    Lavender - 63%
    5qwerty - 63%
    Apro - 97%
    Panda - 81%
    Eleanor - 98%
    VisionofMilotic - 95%

Which means we have Eleanor and Apro in 1st and 2nd for Gears and VisionofMiltoic in third for Apricorns. Well done to everyone for the great concepts. We didn't quite share everything you showed us in this post, so feel free to share anything we left out in another post if you want people to have more of an idea of what we're talking about.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Since I only see the images here, heres the text part of mine:

Pokémon name: Mega Venomoth

Species name: Death Moth

Typing: Bug/Ghost

Pokedex Entry:Venomoth's frail body is unable to handle the power of Mega Evolution and starts to break down. Constantly on the verge of its death it haunts nearby pokemon in a desperate attempt to regain its fleeting life force.

New Base Stat Total:
    HP:70 (+0)
    Attack:75 (+10)
    Defense:50 (-10)
    Sp. Atk:140 (+50)
    Sp. Def:105 (+30)
    Speed:110 (+20)
    Total:550 (+100)

New Ability: Cursed Body

Back