• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creepy Things in Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    I have been playing Pokemon for almost ten years now, and I have experienced creepy things in the world of Pokemon. What do you guys think the creepiest thing is about Pokemon? In my opinion, it has to be the Pokedex entries. Hypno's entry terrified me as a kid.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2023
    Yea that was pretty bad, in my opinion the lavander town theme song is what creeps my out the most

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Ghost-type Pokemon entries are always the scariest. It's as if they can't just be ghosts or creatures that have ghost-like attributes, they always have to be dead souls or something else creepy :|

Lavender Town really creeped me out, too. If only the music wasn't so creepy!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Creepy Things in Pokemon

This was probably the scariest thing from a Pokemon game for me. I think it was mainly because it was so unexpected - you would expect the haunted mansions and Ghost Pokemon to be creepy, but this being in bright and cheery Lumiose City just really threw me off and creeped me out haha. So mysterious, too, like what does that mean?!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One of the most scary things I've ever seen in Pokémon games has to go be that abandoned house in Black 2 and White 2 (it was located in some route, if I remember correctly, but can't recall which). Basically, things inside were more or less a huge mess; picture frames were torn, furniture were placed randomly, and floors were broken. It had various rooms, and once you went into one, furniture would move themselves automatically. Plus, if you were lucky, you'd run into this girl, who speaks some words and suddenly disappear. I'm not sure if you're able to meet her again or not, but I personally wasn't.

Aside from that, I've also found Eterna Forest in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum to be sort of heart-pumping. It's dark, mysterious, and its music is not something that would make you comfortable, sadly. Honorary mentions go to Distortion World and Lavender Tower.

Years
  • The cinnabar mansion in FR/LG i say, because it is a impression of what had happened, it connects mew with lavender town. Reading notes in mansion was like reading deathnotes of a person just minutes before their demesis. Connecting Mr.Fuji with faraway island and team rocket's lab and mew and mewto, the death of Marowak and lavender tower all converges in this very mansion. Perhaps the creepiest thing/place is cinnabar mansion for me.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I found the Old Chateau in D/P pretty creepy too. I remember when I first went through it and I saw the girl in one of the adjacent rooms and when I went into that room she was gone, and I actually sort of questioned whether I'd seen anything at all for a little while. In the end I sort of rationalised that it was just a silly gamefreak ghost prank (the ghost pokemon being there sort of gave it away), but for a while I was freaked out.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I found the Old Chateau in D/P pretty creepy too. I remember when I first went through it and I saw the girl in one of the adjacent rooms and when I went into that room she was gone, and I actually sort of questioned whether I'd seen anything at all for a little while. In the end I sort of rationalised that it was just a silly gamefreak ghost prank (the ghost pokemon being there sort of gave it away), but for a while I was freaked out.

Oh, I'd completely forgotten about Old Chateau! It's indeed quite a scary place. I've managed to encounter the girl, but don't believe I've ever gotten any chance to talk with her. Would've been great if I had; was wishing for it for quite a long time. I'm not sure if that's exactly possible, but if I remember correctly, I might've seen someone do it on YouTube, which really intrigued me.

Years
  • One of the most scary things I've ever seen in Pokémon games has to go be that abandoned house in Black 2 and White 2 (it was located in some route, if I remember correctly, but can't recall which). Basically, things inside were more or less a huge mess; picture frames were torn, furniture were placed randomly, and floors were broken. It had various rooms, and once you went into one, furniture would move themselves automatically. Plus, if you were lucky, you'd run into this girl, who speaks some words and suddenly disappear. I'm not sure if you're able to meet her again or not, but I personally wasn't.

Aside from that, I've also found Eterna Forest in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum to be sort of heart-pumping. It's dark, mysterious, and its music is not something that would make you comfortable, sadly. Honorary mentions go to Distortion World and Lavender Tower.

Oh, yes. The Strange House I remember with the furniture being moved and you run into that ghost girl who talks about the Lunar Wing and some Abra. At the same time it's kind of sad. ): Also, why can't I move a chair?! Eterna Forest I like the music in though, the Old Chateau is another story.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Oh, I totally forgot about the ghost girls. I think the Lumiose one takes the cake, though. In such a bright and exciting atmosphere I DEFINITELY wasn't expecting something as creepy as that to happen. I think I even knew something about it, but it still scared me a bit. Especially because the girl didn't have a walking animation! Made it seem even creepier ~_~

TGM

Lunar Silhouette
    Years
  • One of the most scary things I've ever seen in Pokémon games has to go be that abandoned house in Black 2 and White 2 (it was located in some route, if I remember correctly, but can't recall which). Basically, things inside were more or less a huge mess; picture frames were torn, furniture were placed randomly, and floors were broken. It had various rooms, and once you went into one, furniture would move themselves automatically. Plus, if you were lucky, you'd run into this girl, who speaks some words and suddenly disappear. I'm not sure if you're able to meet her again or not, but I personally wasn't.

Not sure how to get embed codes for youtube here to work. :/

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years

• ^When I was younger, this gave me the creeps, and to an extent, it still does. It is probably the most eerie-sounding musical piece in the Pokemon games, at least imo.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Jellicent's Pokedex Entry from Black - "The fate of the ships and crew that wander into Jellicent's habitat: all sunken, all lost, all vanished."

This dex entry shocked me for quite some time...it's just...disturbing, really.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Yeah, that was really creepy. Her fate was even worse, as she's implied to have died from her nightmares before her parents could get her the Lunar Wing...yes Darkrai is implied to have killed the girl with it's nightmares :(

I always thought Lavender town to be creepy in FrLg, then I heard of a rumor that the original music from Red and Green (the japanese version of course) might have caused some to commit suicide (due to the way the tones of the music)...that suicide part was thankfully not true... But it was found that the game had sprites of some creepy stuff...like "Buried Alive" and some thing with it's guts coming out...seriously I'm glad to see those two things didn't make the cut...

The Lumiose girl was very creepy, she came out of no where...and he words still make little sense which causes a feeling of disorientation. Also the scary story in that house by Lavarre...I expected something to come out and scare us...
    The Chateau was creepy too, and to think that it's not even Sinnoh's burial place...
    Out of all the burial places The Pokemon Tower is the most terrifying...none of the other six (House of Memories (Gen II and IV), Memorial Pillar (Sevii islands), Mt. Pyre, Lost tower, Celestial Tower, and Route 10 (Kalos) known burial places were close.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I still find it a little creepy how Parasect is based off of the Cordyceps fungus.

And when are they gonna explain the Lumiose ghost girl? I wanna know what that's all about.

Years
  • Can't be bothered to look it up, but Banette's dex entries are all extremely creepy and worth reading. Most ghost Pokemon have that, I think Yamask has a pretty interesting one as well.

Years
  • Haunter's pokédex entry from Ruby/Sapphire:

"HAUNTER is a dangerous POKéMON. If one beckons you while floating in darkness, you must never approach it. This POKéMON will try to lick you with its tongue and steal your life away."

'Nuff said haha xD

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • Arceus' appearances in Gen IV creep me out. Its battle theme gives off this vibe of something being deeply wrong with the events happening on the screen, and this goes double for when that song plays during the creation trio event in HGSS. The real-world photographs seem so out of place there, especially the close-ups of cells and human tissue towards the end. nope.avi

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Haunter's pokédex entry from Ruby/Sapphire:

"HAUNTER is a dangerous POKéMON. If one beckons you while floating in darkness, you must never approach it. This POKéMON will try to lick you with its tongue and steal your life away."

'Nuff said haha xD

Ghost-types always have the strangest of PokéDex entries. It'd be nice of they'd kept it to a limit, though, to add more realism into games; Pokémon in general are honestly not this dangerous.

Back