• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crikey! Steve Irwin!

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    BBC said:
    Australian environmentalist and television personality Steve Irwin has died during a diving accident.

Yes that is diving. Not driving. :p

Mr Irwin, 44, was killed by a stingray barb to the chest while he was filming an underwater documentary in Queensland's Great Barrier Reef.

I always suspected an animal would eventually kill him.

He was famous for handling dangerous creatures such as crocodiles, snakes and spiders, and his documentaries on his work with crocodiles drew a worldwide audience.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5311298.stm

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Sucks D: The guy was pretty cool, besides the baby incident and the horrible movie.

Yeah, I can't believe he's dead =/

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Yea... it's pretty sad. He'll be missed by his fans. I still can't believe that he died while doing a documentary and that he was killed by a stingray barb. He seemed alright apart from that crazy baby act and the way he got famous but I guess that's that.

!!**Alex**!! :chu:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    He was our main Aussie Icon..now how will we be if some other country comes and wants to know about Crocs..we'd just have to say take over our country..the croc man is dead..But that is truly sad..We got told at school and some people who even knew who he was started crying..at least he can be remembered..I shall miss him because i love my country..

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    The guy was a complete legend. He'll be sorely missed and is quite irreplaceable.

:(

RIP Steve.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I will miss him. i remember watching him. I though he retired after all of the money he made though.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    I was never a big fan of Steve Irwin, but this is a pretty big shock.

I remember I'd watch him when I was little because nothing was on tv, and it was pretty cool. XD

But from the day I saw that man, I knew he'd be killed by an animal, and this was long overdue, and I'm not saying I'm glad he's dead. XD;

The guy was a legend, and can never be replaced.

Tensaiji

~Naruto~
    Years
    Man, he was so cool.I remember when I watched him do those stories about his zoo. I'm really goin' to miss him. :(

R.I.P Steve Irwin.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Heard about it last night just a few hours after it happened, it still really sucks to hear it. I've loved his shows for as long as I can remember. Gonna take a while for it to really set in, he was always one of those guys I thought was invincible. What sucks the most is that his wife was one of the last people to find out. After everything he's gone through and how many times he's been hurt, this was a strange way to go, the type of fish that killed him are 99.9% of the time docile animals.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    My mom told me about it as soon as I woke up this morning, and I've been so depressed ever since... I just can't believe that it actually happened; he always seemed to have such an air of confidence and strength around him, that you couldn't imagine him not making it through something like this. I've grown up watching his show, and it'll never be the same now that he's gone.

It's so sad that he died this early in his life, because he really has done so many good things for animals and the environment. He definitely left an impact on a lot of people, including myself, and will be missed greatly...

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Omg...I loved Steve Irwin! He was soo cool! I watched a few of his documentries. It is a shame he ended his life like that. ;; He did things that were very dangerous, but ended up being alright. Not this time...this was a freak accident. I wish he got stabbed in the leg or arm...he would have been in pain for a few days, but will be better again.

May he Rest In Peace.

I heard about this when I was at work.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I'm sure that everyone who has kept up with the things going on concerning his death already knows this, but I still want to post a message and say that the memorial service for him, at the Australia Zoo, will be shown live on the Animal Planet channel tonight... in like, less than 30 minutes. Channel 282 on satellite.

That's just incase anyone didn't know. ._. I'm definitely going to watch it!

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    Yeah, I'm watching that right now. ;; It's so sad. I was crying~
    It's such a shame that he is gone...I can't believe it. He taught me so much about animals, and I will never forget him.

Rest in peace, Steve Irwin. You will be missed~

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I know, I cried during most of the service... It was so sad. I felt especially sorry for his wife, dad, and best friend, Wes.

Still, I think that the whole thing was just perfect for someone like him--it was as upbeat as was appropriate, which is something I'm sure he would have wanted, and full of the people and animals that he loved dearly. All of the songs, clips, and the poem that was read fit perfectly, in my opinion.

The only thing that I questioned was why they decided to show clips of people like Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz, who apparently didn't even really know him personally...? I know that they were honoring him by offering their condolences to the family and stuff, but I think it would have been more appropriate if it had shown more of the people who actually knew him well talking about him. That's what I'd have liked to have seen. *shrugs* Oh, well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    I think it's very sad, when I was younger I always looked up to him, and watched all his shows

He was awesome ;_;

Back