• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Critical Capture

Have you had a critical capture yet?

• Yes

Votes: 76 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 67 46.9%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I just got my first critical capture while trying to catch an Alomomola. (it was caught btw)

It sort of sounds like a plane taking off/a missile being fired when the ball is thrown. Then it shakes in the air. Cool. :)

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • This was a life saver! I've heard of it, and boy it was a good thing too! I was ready to throw my DS if I can't capture that Excadrill. I was a bit surprised though, since the Pokeball was making weird motions.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I had it happen on a Seaking. It broke out.

At least. I think it happened...the Pokeball made a metalic sound.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    I've gotten it many times, however, when battling Victini, a critical capture happened but it still got out...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    After completing the entire main story and not getting any critical captures, I've just gotten two in the one play session. (first was alomomola a while ago)

I just caught a Poliwhirl with a critical capture outside mistralton cave.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I finally got a Critical Capture on a Trubbish I was trying to catch to further my Pokedex. Which was good, because my Pokemon was about to faint, so I'm glad it didn't still fail.

Years
  • I've had it happen like... 4 or 5 times. 3 of the times were against random wild Pokemon, with 1 of them breaking out. One of the others was Zekrom (success! :D) and the last one was Kyurem (which failed :/).

Years
  • So far, I've had three successful critical captures. Two in my American Pokémon White (One for Absol and one for Thundurus), and one in my Japanese Black version with Munna. When it first happened with Munna in Pokémon Black, I had no idea what was going on, and Googled the thing to see if it was a glitch or something. Then I found out that it was a feature. Pretty nice, I may say.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    it seems to be rather random, ill get it when i least expect it, but when i need it *glares at victini* i never get it

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Critical Capture wasn't available until Generation V.

yeah, i know that now. i thought it meant when you throw any ball and you get lucky and it works first time. derp.

also, i really do not appreciate VMs calling me a liar. deleted and reported.
    (not directed at you, lateon.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    I have never heard of this before, can this happen with any ball you use

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
  • I had it happen twice now, and I'm about 50 something hours in, It happend both times on the same play session though. I think one was a Sandile too...lol

Back