• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Current album obsession?

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Lowkey's Soundtrack to the Struggle

Brilliant songs brilliant messages and it's got 26 tracks (20 songs and 6 clips from other media)

It is largely unknown and to no suprise considering the topics he brings up but he deserves all the praise and the money he earns

Chantelle

Pikachu Trainer
    Years
  • I have an obsession with Evanescence's self titled album, I generally become obsessed with each of theirs until the next one is released. Heaven forbid they ever break up and stop releasing new CDs *cries at the thought*

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • I was obsessed with Megadeth's "Th1rt3en" since it was released almost two months ago, but now my obsession is with Iron Maiden's "Dance of Death". I had never realised how great it was until now. It's not as maniac as some of their first stuff was, but the guitar and lyrical work is still awesome, with the same classic heavy metal sound.

Years
  • Current album obsession?

Florence + the Machine - Ceremonials

THIS ALBUM.

I am so obsessed with it, it's ridiculous. This is definitely my favourite album of 2011. It's, in my opinion, a lot better than her debut album Lungs (and Lungs was pretty freaking fantastic itself). Her vocals are just stunning. One of my favourite voices of this decade. Love love love loooove this album.
    Yesyesyesyesyes.

I usually loose interest in new albums after a few plays, but this is one that I can still listen to over and over. It's got such powerful songs. In particular I love Never Let Me Go and Leave My Body. I don't know, it's like the songs get better the more I listen to them. :D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm currently playing the following albums everyday:

Beyoncé - "4": Seriously, I've never listened to an album so much. "End of Time", "Love On Top", "Schoolin' Life", "Dance For You", and "Run the World (Girls)" are like played 5 times a day or more. I'll say this is my absolutely favorite album of the year, and one of my faves of all time.

Sleigh Bells - "Treats": I'm late to downloading this album but it's definitely one of my current obsessions.

Natalia Kills - "The Perfectionist": I don't think my obsession with this album will die out until she releases her next one.

The Weeknd - "Echoes Of Silence": Seriously amazing album/mixtape. Even though it's just been released two days ago I've played the album over 20 times. He had me at his cover of "Dirty Diana".

Lady GaGa - "Born This Way": One of the many classic albums that defined 2011. The anticipation of the new unreleased song GaGa is dropping on Christmas has me taking this album in all over again!

Jay-Z & Kanye West: "Watch the Throne": The only classic hip-hop album released this year... "Lift Off" just feels so right around this time of year.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    As of right now, I've got a few:

21 by Adele
    Hot Fuss by The Killers
    Homesick by A Day to Remember

With Adele, I kind of find it funny that I've been listening to her album on repeat for the past month or so because I was so against her at first. I didn't care for Rolling in the Deep when it first came out and I didn't go out of my way to listen to her other songs, and I certainly didn't understand why everyone was fanning over Someone Like You. But then I heard my roommate play Chasing Pavements by her (which I realize isn't from 21) and I fell in love with her music. I went back and re-listened to everything completely dumbfounded that I didn't like it my first few listens.

Hot Fuss has a few key tracks I really enjoy, namely All These Thing That I've Done which I also had on repeat for a few months. It's a great all around album, there isn't a song on there I have a problem with.

Finally, Homesick. My brother is into some heavy metal and he played me an old song of theirs and I couldn't understand the singer so I complained and made him stop bringing it in the car to listen to when I drove him to school. He kept asking if I could play their other CD Homesick for him instead and I denied him quite a bit until one day he played it without me noticing and I really liked the song he played which was Downfall of us All. When he told me it was ADtR I was shocked but gave the rest of the album a listen and voila. They're now one of my favorite bands. Including Downfall of us All, the songs: Have Faith in Me, Homesick, and If it Means A lot to You are my other favorite tracks on the album and they will always remind me of 2011 because this album was the most played :)

Years
  • Albums that I've been jamming out to lately:

Grace Jones - Nightclubbing
    Panda Bear - Tomboy
    Björk - Biophilia

Biophilia was definitely album of the year for me in 2011. Mixes two of my favorite things. Science and music. <3

Years
  • I'm not always stuck with an entire album but at the moment I'd say -

Welcome Reality - Nero
    Merriweather Post Pavilion - Animal Collective (A reccuring one)

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • My favorite band, Circa Survive's, album "On Letting Go". I've been obsessed with it for years. If I haven't had time to listen to it in a few days I just *have* to listen to it beginning to end.

Another one is Animal Collective's "Fall Be Kind". I go through cycles of being obsessed with all their albums one by one (or a lot at once...), I just happen to be stuck on this one currently.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I bought two random albums for cheap in London, and I'm quite happy with them. They're both really great. The albums in question are Example's Playing In the Shadows and Ed Sheeran's + (I guess it's called +...the album has a + sign on it! lol). So yeah. Good method of choosing music! lol But yeah, they're both pretty awesome. I'd definitely recommend them to someone, especially Example if you're into rap. He's got a nice electronic/dubsteppy kinda spin on his music.

GreenEspeon

Known as BlueUmbreon on PHO!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    Has to be "Turtleneck and Chain" by The Lonely Island
    OR
    Drake "Take Care"

Back