• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Current fads you can't stand?

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
  • The popularity of call of duty upsets me. Why would ANYONE want to play a game that GLORIFIES world war two? o_o; To me, that's just wicked depressing....(i won't get into the details)

I also hate the hype over Kingdom Hearts 3 due to my awful memories of being picked on by kingdom hearts fans....*shutter*

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    The popularity of call of duty upsets me. Why would ANYONE want to play a game that GLORIFIES world war two? o_o; To me, that's just wicked depressing....(i won't get into the details)

I also hate the hype over Kingdom Hearts 3 due to my awful memories of being picked on by kingdom hearts fans....*shutter*

I'll agree with you on the popularity of FPS games, but not for the same reason.
    I don't see the appeal of the first person perspective, especially given how insanely popular they are, especially in online verses modes.

Do you dislike it simply for any violence or the WW2 aspect in particular? What about other shooters like Halo that are sci-fi non realistic settings, or Doom? Other FPS.
    Does any kind of shooting game upset you regardless of perspective, by chance?

But yep, the FPS genre is wildly overhyped to me. Although I can't call it a fad. It's too cemented now. It's basically what the Xbox lives on.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Battle Royales. Only played Fortnite, but I honestly can't see myself liking any of them... I literally freeze up under pressure, and once I reach the top 10 or so, my hands and knees start shaking, and I can't aim, which pretty much means I can't win... So I really don't find them fun.

Also not a huge fan of fidget spinners. My aunt bought me one and I used it for like a day and then never touched it... boooring

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • I'll agree with you on the popularity of FPS games, but not for the same reason.
    I don't see the appeal of the first person perspective, especially given how insanely popular they are, especially in online verses modes.

Do you dislike it simply for any violence or the WW2 aspect in particular? What about other shooters like Halo that are sci-fi non realistic settings, or Doom? Other FPS.
    Does any kind of shooting game upset you regardless of perspective, by chance?

But yep, the FPS genre is wildly overhyped to me. Although I can't call it a fad. It's too cemented now. It's basically what the Xbox lives on.

I'm....gonna try to answer this the best I can. I am not fully sure my full opinions yet as my brain is just starting to develup more. So here I go.

I seem to dislike games where people get killed, yet I some-what like the competitive elements of such games (i really duno how to answer this yet....)? As for the world war two thing....I find that time of history very, VERY negative and sad. Hitler was a serious bully to so many people. And was so cruel and twisted and just....awful. So I just don't understand why people would want to be reminded of those days :( Thats what I feel. About that.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I hate music that gets played over and over, 24/7, to the point of oversaturation, which is why I can only enjoy Gangnam Style and Despacito as memes.

Minions are why we can't have nice things.

Back