• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Custom Pokewalker Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • Ooh, I do like the idea of PokeWalker modding. It's a good thing I can't afford to buy HeartGold or SoulSilver, otherwise I don't think I could control myself. ;) I'd probably be making a new mod every week! Here's the two designs I have photoshopped up so far:
    Custom Pokewalker Mods

Edit: I forgot to explain them! ^_^ Obviously the first design is of a Master Ball, but the M would be engraved into it, not painted on. Likewise with the GS Ball, the logo would be engraved. The GS Ball would either be achieved with lacquer-paints, followed by a heavy gloss, or a complete remake of the shell using an appropriate metal that I could copper-plate for the top half, or even gold plate! *imagination goes wild*

Those are really cute, Pixels. Sign me up for a GS Ball :P

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    i just opened it up and the screws that i assume hold on the front have a triangular shape, making it impossible to remove

Heh, you need a DS Lite triangular screwdriver. I need that too, I wanted to hack my Wii case, same screws. It's on the controls as well.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Painting fail :P:P
    Custom Pokewalker Mods

maybe painting it would need really thin paint..
    bigger pic here: clicky!

and oh MY GOD

this has given me new hope

Here and here

Wow !!
    Did that guy just ... he ... that are all the PokeWalker faces ?
    So, practically, you need to unscrew all that thing through all the phases then put it back on ? That's would take me my entire life and I'll break it . Most definetly .
    Didn't anyone think about making thin, custom stickers ? o_o I mean, buy some thin, pale stickers and cut them to suit the PokeWalker . Then Photoshop some new design, print it, stick it on the stickers and succeed ! o_O It wouldn't be THAT hard, just few extra costs .
    Also Toxicroak, smexy design ! Painting looks nice overall, but I think it would get scratched ... :/

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
  • Wow !!
    Didn't anyone think about making thin, custom stickers ? o_o I mean, buy some thin, pale stickers and cut them to suit the PokeWalker . Then Photoshop some new design, print it, stick it on the stickers and succeed ! o_O It wouldn't be THAT hard, just few extra costs .

LOL its funny you say that because today im going to print this design onto one of those office stickers and see it it works...
    Custom Pokewalker Mods

the only problem is getting it to curve with the shape of the walker :(

if it dosent work ill do another design with only the top half and make it a heavy ball

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I see it's not so hard to mod a Pokewalker, way easier than a Wii.

Pojosama

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I don't see why someone just doesn't make one out of rubber? like the ipod skins or something

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
  • Here in Wisconsin, when you pre-ordered the game at Wall-mart, you got a Ho-oh skin. My friend didn't pre-order it, but he just asked them for it, and it came with it. I got mine at gamestop, so none for me.
    Custom Pokewalker Mods

But modding the actual device sounds hard, and just not worth it. If you really wanted to disguise it, you could just put it in your pocket or get one of those skins.

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
  • Okay. i made this using a few office stickers and a piece of paper
    Spoiler:

Sticking a flat object on a round one has its down sides
    i used 3 long stickers to try and stop the creasing but it didn't work very well..

maybe Nintendo should make like pokewalker molds out of like plastic or something, then make the stickers in the shape of the front of the pokewalker...

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Well if you can remove the front bezel, then it would be very easy to paint the specific design on without damaging the internals or messing up the screen, I think.

I'm planning on ordering a spare Pokéwalker from Nintendo's online store just for this purpose.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Okay. i made this using a few office stickers and a piece of paper
    Spoiler:

Sticking a flat object on a round one has its down sides
    i used 3 long stickers to try and stop the creasing but it didn't work very well..

maybe Nintendo should make like pokewalker molds out of like plastic or something, then make the stickers in the shape of the front of the pokewalker...

Baaaaaaaaaaad idea ... ):

It turned out horrible . I hope that they will release special stickers for that, but it seems like it doesn't work either ... -_O
    We'll need some genius plan ...

@chezhead : I've seen these on the internet at gamefaqs.com . They had a picture, but think of it : it is a protective case made of sillicon ... sillicon can hardly be painted and it's all black or white . I have an iPod Touch sillicon case and it's just to make sure it won't slip off my hands ... so it'll be quite weird ...

We need a genius plan ... stickers cut, sillicon cut, paint cut ... what else ...

Joboy

BBoy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Yay first post. Just Joined.

Okay so i was bboying with my pokewalker... o_O then I slid and I was like on my pokewalker and i took out a chunk of the red paint on it so I was pretty bummed out. So i got the idea of making it into a Ultra Ball so I started to paint on it and here is my results. (Did it all in one day) View attachment 53500

View attachment 53501

View attachment 53502

View attachment 53503

I just gotta put the gloss cover so it wont scratch off =) Yee dawg!

Joboy

BBoy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I just used tape hahah. it wouldve been better if i had blue tape. im thinking about doing other pokeballs too. I just put the gloss cover and it looks much more smoother. =)

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I might customize mine. Maybe. It is possible to get the front off. You need to (I think) melt the tip of a ball point pen and put the melted tip into the screw hole. Leave it to solidify, then turn and take out. I think that's it.

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Okay so i was bboying with my pokewalker... o_O then I slid and I was like on my pokewalker and i took out a chunk of the red paint on it so I was pretty bummed out. So i got the idea of making it into a Ultra Ball so I started to paint on it and here is my results. (Did it all in one day) View attachment 53500

View attachment 53501

View attachment 53502

View attachment 53503

I just gotta put the gloss cover so it wont scratch off =) Yee dawg!

Wow, that looks really nice. What kind of paints did you use?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back