• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Customization Wish List!

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • With SM's trainer customization arguably being less eclectic than XY's, what would you have liked to seen in SM's trainer customization? What's your customization wish list for the next game? Do you hope they expand on clothes or appearance features? Any customization features you want to get rid of? Why?

I hope they add back outfits (ex. dresses & rompers) so I could see a good pair of overalls in the games haha. + I really hope they add in more skin variations because there are no yellow skin tones which makes a lot of players choose in between fair & medium-dark which is a huge jump imo.

(sorry for my grammar on this one!)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • more hairstyles, particularly for the male protagonist. there are some nice hairstyles in S/M, but I feel like XY had the better selection of them, and even that felt kinda limited. just a greater variety of different styles would be nice.

as for the clothes, again i'd like to see more of a variety in styles such as beanies, skinny jeans and hoodies. i get that alola isn't the ideal climate for this type of clothing, but moving forward it would be a good idea to expand the selection in ways like that for sure.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    More of everything really. And more hairdyes, like blue and pink. And no game exclusive styles.

AleXShi1

Keep it real
    Years
  • Customization of your pokemon. Who wouldnt love to to change the hair of your eevee, maybe even color the hair a bit. Also maybe give some clothing, i would love to give a beanie to my fennekin

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • If I could have cornrows and still wear a hat that would be pretty lit...

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • We're in a tropical region WITH NO SUNDRESSES?!?!?!?!?! Explain that to me, Game Freak! No, the skirts do not count!

Also, I really wanted to wear the sun hat with the romantic tuck, but even that's not allowed. :c

i'm also disappointed i couldn't run around in a coconut bra and grass skirt

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Nothing, because there's reasons why the customizations are different from XY. It's so you aren't encouraged to get rid of your XY copies if they somehow brought the same clothing from those games onto SM. It's because the SM protagonists are 11 years old, so you really can't expect them to wear skimpier clothing that were present in XY (that'll only lead to parental complaints).

Years
  • Accessory options. Really glad they let you choose whether to wear a hat or glasses or socks. Now give a few more options like scarves and coats/jackets.

And let us choose to have a bag or backpack. They can keep them gendered still if they ~really~ have to, but if your game can feature both then both should be available.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • 1- Not having certain colours game exclusive
    2- Allowing the male character to wear traditionally female clothing & Hairstyles
    3-More VARIETY

Years
  • I'm with those who said colours of clothing shouldn't be version exclusive, because I felt it was a notable step backwards with the customization compared to X/Y. Also, I would have included the options from X/Y as well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2017
    I'm with those who said colours of clothing shouldn't be version exclusive, because I felt it was a notable step backwards with the customization compared to X/Y. Also, I would have included the options from X/Y as well.

My guess is that they did this to encourage the use of Festival Plaza's "Your outfit looks great" thing. Even then, it's frustrating as it's random: I want that dude's black jeans, I don't care for his ugly hat.

One thing I think they could do is allow you to import your previous trainer's look from a previous game. I'd feel more like you're the same trainer travelling the world rather than a new guy every game.

Back