• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cutiefly Breakdown!

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • hello there! :)

if you haven't seen the newest SM trailer, go watch it right here! It showcases new Pokémon of the beautiful region! ^^

Anyways, one of the Pokémon caught my eye the very moment I saw it, Cutiefly it was love at first sight
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

Cutiefly is a Bug/Fairy Type that is apparently based off of bee flies called "Anastoechus nitidulus", see the similarity?
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

Some background on Bee Flies, they are one of the largest pollinators and they lay their eggs in bee nests, which their larvae get to become parasites for the bee larvae, allowing them to take over their food sources :) So maybe when you find a Cutiefly you might find some honey on them! Maybe hinting at that there's a bee Pokémon that might make a comeback cough Combee or an entirely new bee bug Pokémon! (We seem to be getting lots of bug types lmao)
    But some qualities of the bee flies can hint on what Cutiefly might become (source):
    Like some bumblebees they are brown and furry and they make a buzzing sound when flying ... They are prodigious fliers that can hover in midair, move very fast and maneuver with great skill, changing directions in the blink of an eye.
    Hinting that Cutiefly possibly will be a Speedy Sp. Attacker, most likely to have a set with Bug Buzz in it with it being an obvious bug type. If it is a special attacker, we will surely count on that it'll at least have Moonblast or Dazzling Gleam from it being part Fairy :)
    But looking at the frail lil thing, it'll most likely have low defenses and Sp. Defenses, so let's just pray it'll be a hard hitter ;)

For it's hopes on it's evolution line, we can refer to back to it's Bee Fly roots! Here are some more "evolved" like bee flies that have similar aesthetic to Cutiefly:
    Cutiefly Breakdown!Cutiefly Breakdown!
    So most likely it could just be a more larger & elegant Cutiefly with longer legs, more fluff, and wings. It's color palette might take over it a bit more with yellow & black and more white fluffiness! Honestly, I think Cutiefly's Evolution will be similar to Swablu evolving into Altaria. Someone on tumblr said they hope Cutiefly with instead evolve into a fluffy moth like this instead (showcasing it's fluffiness):
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

Well that's my overview on Cutiefly! What do you think of Cutiefly? What do you expect in Cutiefly's future? Comment your opinions below! ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Cutiefly is right in the middle in terms of the new Pokemon for me. It looks kind of basic (and not nearly as cute as Flabebe, which is a Pokemon I'm feeling a sort of similarity with because they're both so small and are both fairy types) but I think it has the most potential to develop out of all the new Pokemon so I do think it's an interesting Pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • i really feel like cutiefly is gonna be the next klefki in terms of competitive battling! maybe it'll have some kind of weird gimmicky moveset... who knows, it's just a hunch!

Funny enough Klefki was the first thing I thought when I caught my first glimpse of cutiefly.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • This Pokemon is so cute, I can't wait to see it in the anime!? :o I feel like Serena (if she's still there) can have one?
    The typing duo is interesting too!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    If fuzzy bee friend becomes a fuzzy moth friend I will S C R E A M I know Volcarona is a fuzzy moth friend but I always wanted a super fuzzy moth friend Pokémon like

Cutiefly Breakdown!

This guy is pink and waving at you imagine if this guy was a Pokémon!! And it is pink it could maybe be a Fairy-Type!
    I don't know why a bee would become a moth but whatever make it the evolution to this bee friend that's fine by me!
    Or maybe they might not be evolutions but a fuzzy moth who is friends with this bee, that will work, too!

I love small fuzzy bee it is honestly top tier
    Maybe because of its top-tier hovering abilities it could get Speed Boost as an Ability/Hidden Ability?
    I must know more about my new best friend!

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • Cutiefly is definitely my favorite new pokemon. I can't help but squee at it's cuteness every time I look at it.

As for it's evos, I'm hoping for the fluffy moth. The other bee flies look too similar to it's original design.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Cutiefly. Cutiefly? They're really sticking with that as it's English name? Christ on a bike...

Cutiefly is actually a pretty great name for it. What else would one call it?

Anyways: Directly from the pokemon website-
    "Cutiefly can detect the auras of living things, including people, Pokémon, and plants. They search out flowers by the color and brightness of their auras and then gather their nectar and pollen.

When living creatures are excited, it seems that their auras resemble those of flowers in full bloom. As a result, these Pokémon tend to gather near people or Pokémon feeling particularly happy or sad.

Cutiefly mostly live in the fields and meadows on the outskirts of cities, but they sometimes appear in towns and even inside buildings, drawn in by the emotions of the living beings of the community."

It says it likes flowers and meadows, so I'm predicting it can be found wherever the flowershop/berry field is. It also says it can detect aura's, just like Lucario (and ash iirc, maybe he'll have one)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • To me it screams standalone Pokemon that will eventually be forgotten. I think if it did get an evolution it would be announced with the batch just released. Although I could be wrong, it would be nice for it to get an evolution.

Preferably not a Poodle Moth though because I hate moths with a passion.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    To me it screams standalone Pokemon that will eventually be forgotten. I think if it did get an evolution it would be announced with the batch just released. Although I could be wrong, it would be nice for it to get an evolution.

Preferably not a Poodle Moth though because I hate moths with a passion.

it's not going to get forgotten, it's already many peoples favorites.

Years
  • I like Cutiefly, don't think there is anything wrong with it plus it's cute too. I probably will have one on my team especially if the evolution is a poodle moth even though I think the poodle moth should have its own line or be a pokemon with no evolutions.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    If that fuzzy moth was a Pokémon its Ability would be Fur Coat and maybe you could give it hair cuts like you give to Furfrou. Maybe it will be best friends with Furfrou. Or maybe you could dye its fur and make it all sorts of fun colors! Like the pink and yellow one.

Also I am fully expecting friendly Cutiefly's shiny to be something like this:
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • It will probably evolve, no? Does anyone else see it as the new butterfly?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    If that fuzzy moth was a Pokémon its Ability would be Fur Coat and maybe you could give it hair cuts like you give to Furfrou. Maybe it will be best friends with Furfrou. Or maybe you could dye its fur and make it all sorts of fun colors! Like the pink and yellow one.

Also I am fully expecting friendly Cutiefly's shiny to be something like this:
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

AAA I'd freaking quit my bulbasaur shiny hunt for that!!! too bad it's unlikely :( I hope it doesn't get puke green.
    also who made this?
    Yellow pokemon usually just get yellow though :( I'll cry if that's not the shiny.

It's a favourite because it's cute and new. It'll soon be forgotten soon unless it gets an interesting quirk.
    Mudkip is old, and doesn't really have many quirks, yet it's still my favorite. If a pokemon is someone's favorite, it doesn't just grow old.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    AAA I'd freaking quit my bulbasaur shiny hunt for that!!! too bad it's unlikely :( I hope it doesn't get puke green.
    also who made this?
    Yellow pokemon usually just get yellow though :( I'll cry if that's not the shiny.
    I just messed with the hue of the original illustration in an art editing program. I'm crossing my fingers from now until release that Cutiefly's shiny isn't one of those unpleasant colors.

Back