• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Cyberglass' Fakemon

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I had another thread once, but it's been so long since I posted anything to PokéCommunity that the now-gone Pixel Art subforum was still brand new the last time it updated. I'd like to think I've improved since then, so I will start anew with this gallery.

All the fakemon here were designed for a game I hope to complete someday.

Fakedex:
    Spoiler:

Characters:
    Spoiler:

Non-pixel art:
    Spoiler:

Old pixels:
    All my sprites that have either been superseded by the above or that I want to return to and touch up or redesign before including them in the Fakedex. Posted here for completeness' sake, and to show how I've improved.
    Spoiler:
    Save
    Save
    Save
    Save
    Save

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    These are some seriously awesome fakemon. The urchin one is my favorite, but the grass starter is a close second. I honestly think some of your old sprites are really well done! Though it is clear you've improved.

You should consider entering these in to the Pokedex of Pokecommunity. They would do really well there. :)

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    These are some seriously awesome fakemon. The urchin one is my favorite, but the grass starter is a close second. I honestly think some of your old sprites are really well done! Though it is clear you've improved.

You should consider entering these in to the Pokedex of Pokecommunity. They would do really well there. :)
    Thank you! Interestingly, the sprite for Urfin is actually older than some of the "old" sprites, but it turned out to my liking the first time, so I didn't feel the need to redo it. Actually, most of the old sprites I haven't already redone are only waiting on minor edits unless the design itself has changed.

I may have some designs for the community pokedex at some point, but since these ones are for a game I'd like to at least have them appear in a demo first. I'll keep it in mind, though.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    These are fantastic!

My favorite out the bunch has to be the Finchy line. It has such a natural progression in evolution without making them feel as if they're "just getting bigger". Plus, the colors and patterns are aesthetically pleasing!

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Thanks for the feedback! I find it interesting that everyone seems to have a different favorite — mine is the Aquana line, by the way. It gives me confidence that my quality is consistent, at least!

Here are some updated sprites from the "old pixels" section:
    Cyberglass' Fakemon

Stingle
    Water/Psychic-type.
    Cyberglass' Fakemon

Whirybdis
    Ghost/Water-type. Whirlpool + Charybdis.

Only minor changes for these two. Some may like the originals better, but these fit more closely with my intended design.

Also, a new 'mon:
    Cyberglass' Fakemon

Sandink
    Poison/Ground-type, based on a blue-tongued skink and a Gila monster.

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I tried out making a Gen V-style animated gif for this next Fakemon:
    Cyberglass' Fakemon
    Cyberglass' Fakemon

Shadial
    Ghost/Steel-type. Shadial is based on a sundial. The shadow is actually the main body.

And some concept art:
    Cyberglass' Fakemon

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Time for some more sprites!
    Cyberglass' Fakemon
    Cyberglass' Fakemon

Pinnocent and Cushpin
    Normal/Fairy-types
    Cushpin you may recognize from my old sprites; Pinnocent is its baby form.

And now for something that's actually not Fakemon-related:
    Cyberglass' Fakemon
    Cyberglass' Fakemon

These are the player characters from the game I'm making. I made gifs of their walk cycles, too:
    Cyberglass' Fakemon
    Cyberglass' Fakemon

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    It's been a while, but I finally finished some more art.

To start with, I sprited the rest of the Heliseed evolution line:
    Cyberglass' Fakemon
    Cyberglass' Fakemon

Twistree on the left is Grass/Flying, but Kinleaf on the right is Grass/Fire.

I also did a Bug/Poison-type mosquito, Skeeta:
    Cyberglass' Fakemon

Finally, I have some Sugimori-style artwork for Tigreen:
    Spoiler:

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
    Oh my gosh. *o* So nice!!
    Put them in a ROM hack or something! They all look great! You're really creative!! :)

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Starting a new year with some new art!
    Cyberglass' Fakemon
    Cyberglass' Fakemon
    Cyberglass' Fakemon

Grubble -> Dracoon -> Pyroth
    These are my early-mid game Bug-types (more Scolipede than Butterfree). Grubble is pure Bug, while the other two are Bug/Dragon.

And some more Sugi-style artwork, this time of my Water starter's first and final forms:
    Spoiler:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I am not a fan of Fakemon...

But these, I'll definitely play with them!
    I always choose the grss starter but here, as awesome as it is, I really like the water starter too!

Oh and the tree grass/fire, I want it!

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Wow, and I can barely even draw! Kudos to you on making amazing fauxmon. It's too good to be called fake! :)

And your water pokemon are better than Gen 5's :D

Do you already have Pokedex Ecology down? Or could I write them?

Years
    Hey I'd love to work with you I am personally looking for a team and coding my own fakemon game maybe we could merge them. (p.s) I use javascript for coding.

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I am not a fan of Fakemon...

But these, I'll definitely play with them!
    I always choose the grss starter but here, as awesome as it is, I really like the water starter too!

Oh and the tree grass/fire, I want it!
    Thanks! I'm not usually a fan of Fakemon myself, so I tend to put a lot of thought into the designs before I'm satisfied with them. The Aquana and Heliseed lines happen to be some of my favorites as well!

Wow, and I can barely even draw! Kudos to you on making amazing fauxmon. It's too good to be called fake! :)

And your water pokemon are better than Gen 5's :D

Do you already have Pokedex Ecology down? Or could I write them?
    Even better than Oshawott?

I do already have the Pokédex entries and movesets planned out, if that's what you mean. The artwork is only one part of the concept for each species.

Hey I'd love to work with you I am personally looking for a team and coding my own fakemon game maybe we could merge them. (p.s) I use javascript for coding.
    I've already got a good amount of progress going on my own game using Pokémon Essentials, but thanks for the offer.

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Some more Fakemon I've been working on:

Cyberglass' Fakemon

Wattsupial, the third evolution of my Electric opossum line.

Cyberglass' Fakemon
    Cyberglass' Fakemon

??? and Transflora. The first stage is pure Grass-type, while Transflora is Grass/Psychic. Both are based on the agave/century plant, and also somewhat on Aloe vera. I'm having a hard time thinking of a name for the unevolved form, so any suggestions are welcome.

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    More Grass-types:
    Cyberglass' Fakemon
    Cyberglass' Fakemon

Toxikern and Dendrilash are both Grass/Poison, based on deadly nightshade and poison ivy.

Cyberglass' Fakemon

Also, here is the Psychic/Fairy-type Maskamper.

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    It's been a while, hasn't it? Have some more Fakemon.
    Cyberglass' Fakemon

Skrattail: the muskrat Fakemon. Water-type. Cattails form a large part of the diet of real muskrats, so it was only natural to combine the two.

Cyberglass' Fakemon

Vandecoot: Poison/Electric-type. I feel like the enemy team in my games will like using these.

Plus, some more Sugimori-style portraits.
    Maskamper:
    Spoiler:

Bewaift:
    Spoiler:
    Save

Back