• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Autumn and/or Spring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • When you get into college, you start running into professors who care only about their research and don't really care if they teach well or not and don't mind failing half the class :/

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • When you get into college, you start running into professors who care only about their research and don't really care if they teach well or not and don't mind failing half the class :/
    I don't know about them "only" caring for their research. They also care about getting paid I know that for sure. And if they really didn't care at all about their students they would probably find them a job that nets them more money. For me it is professor by professor, some of them care for there students some just care about getting paid and getting to the next class.

At my school district, they cut a lot of teachers. One high school lost about 20 teachers.
    What was the reasoning by cutting that many teachers? Was there some sort of scandal, school budget couldn't pay for all of them, or they have high standards for their teachers having their students getting good grades?

Years
  • I don't know about them "only" caring for their research. They also care about getting paid I know that for sure. And if they really didn't care at all about their students they would probably find them a job that nets them more money. For me it is professor by professor, some of them care for there students some just care about getting paid and getting to the next class.

What was the reasoning by cutting that many teachers? Was there some sort of scandal, school budget couldn't pay for all of them, or they have high standards for their teachers having their students getting good grades?

More likely it was just a financial issue. the first thing a district does usually is cut teaching staff. :/

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • In my old high school, they were firing teachers out of spite. The administration thought it was okay to fire a teacher because he was closer to his students than any of the other teachers. Which I see no problem with, considering the school only had 200 kids; maybe 75 of them were in the High School wing.

But when I transferred to a public school for my senior year, I don't think ANY of the teachers were being fired because of funds or whatever.

Years
  • My district's been lucky enough to have enough parents that care about their children that they will actually go out and vote yes for most of the referendums they put through.

But when I transferred to a public school for my senior year, I don't think ANY of the teachers were being fired because of funds or whatever.

Most teachers' unions have tenure in place for teachers.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I don't even know what that means, lmfao. I just assumed that since the school was doing fine on funds, and the teachers were all really good, that there was no reason to put anyone out of a job.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I see the subject is of firing teachers/staff I presume? I remember in elementary school we had lost a lot of teachers within the school district itself, apparently they didn't have enough money to support that amount of teachers which was overcrowded, a lot got cut off, and I remember teachers ending up having to move into apartments, infact a teacher from my old school lives in this complex to this day. It's a sad thing to see, especially some teachers you were close to over the years, currently their is many stickers and or signs I see on cars these days about some teacher thing, can't exactly say what 'cause I haven't put my eyes on it all the way, but I think it's something about yet another cutback of teachers. Our unified school district just seems to be getting out of hand these days and it's not very good to see.

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
  • Sucks for you guys. :( I don't think anybody had been demoted or fired during my entire high school career. The only time anybody ever left was for retirement, lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    My music teacher retired last year. Now we got a better one that lets us listen to Taylor Swift xD. Of course we study it for the A section and B section, and see what instruments are being played, but its Taylor Swift instead of Beethoven.

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
  • A Geography teacher apparently knocked himself unconscious by walking and hitting the over head projector. That would be funny.

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years

• He was made because some kids were sticking their head out of the class window, so he went to the window threw desks around to close the window, luckily the one coming for me I dodged o.o
    Wow, throwing desks to close windows, isn't there a more peaceful solution? Wouldn't he be scared if he hit one of you guys?

Bye guys, going to sleep.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
  • I heard some guy from school broke his teacher's arm once when he went crazy.. gosh..

School would be better if they help each student with what they like. True that they can't teach everything, but they can almost always cover some basic things that you could memorize and hopefully remember after 3 years in the army.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back