• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Autumn and/or Spring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I use my parents to help me out.

But based on the situation I'm in, it's not expected that I get something for everyone~

And the best part is my birthday is right before Christmas :D

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    um, yes, HG is $68, which is pretty much $70 yeah. Considering our currencies are practically at parity (1:1), it's like 195% of the price of the US one. Far out.

oh god what seriously? atm the price is still to be announced, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was $70.

also did I mention Kirby's Epic Yarn got delayed like half a year? Damnit.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Happy Early Birthday!!

;_; Man.. Christmas is really coming up so soon! I can't believe so much time has gone by already @_@.. I am almost going to be finished with school.. ._.

I'm looking forward to Christmas, though. I love the christmassy feeling.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    What.

What.

What.

What is this nonsense about Kirby's Epic Yarn being delayed there. How dare they.

I honestly can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving here. I get more days off than I did at my previous school (I think we get out early Tuesday; before we got out early Wednesday).

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    $70 AUS is like £43 here, the average price for a current-gen console game is about £40, iirc. So really you're not paying all that much more than you would do if you were living in the UK, NC.

As for Christmas, it was amazing when I was younger but now, mehhh. It's lost its magic and Christmas Day normally just feels like any other day really.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    ...Well whaddaya know, the US does have its benefits. /hides

My dad still treats X-Mas like it's special. He video tapes my unwrapping of presents. But I don't mind, really. He's not that kind of person and he's still a bit of a kid at heart (watching and renting anime/cartoons with me, once playing Halo and other arcade games...). And after that's all over with I just get back on my computer or play whatever new video game(s) I get.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    What is this about Kirby's Epic Yarn being delayed half a year in Australia?! Time to steal a bunch of Epic Yarn copies from Gamestop, and send them all to Australia!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    That would be great EXCEPT THAT YOUR GAMES ARE REGION LOCKED AND WE CAN'T PLAY THEM WITHOUT CRACKING OUR WIIS AFTER WHICH I MIGHT AS WELL JUST DOWNLOAD IT.

okay sorry Limey, PAL video game places suck. :(

Yeah; Kirby's Epic Yarn's American release date was sometime in October. PAL's release date is set somewhere to the end of the first quarter next year (Europe has March 25 as a release date?).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Christmas has lost its magic for me as well. Now I have to be bothered to get up to open presents and then I'll go back to sleep once that arduous task is completed.

And I guess I shouldn't complain abut US release dates, especially since Golden Sun Dark Dawn is being released here just over a month after its Japan release. Now that's a nice quick turnaround :P Makes you wonder why B/W must take so long.

Years
    Well some things in Japan makes sense in a Pokemon game.

While they may understand some parts of the storyline, kids here cannot.

Also, they have to dummy it down since 4 year olds play these games.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I'm more or less wondering why one game would take so long to translate while another game of comparable complexity would take significantly less time.

Ah, but maybe it's having to remove additional Japanese references and dumbing down" Pokemon games that takes six extra months... A game like Golden Sun can get away with leaving those in since it's aimed at an older audience. Still, six extra months seems excessive, even for those edits:/

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    That would be great EXCEPT THAT YOUR GAMES ARE REGION LOCKED AND WE CAN'T PLAY THEM WITHOUT CRACKING OUR WIIS AFTER WHICH I MIGHT AS WELL JUST DOWNLOAD IT.

okay sorry Limey, PAL video game places suck. :(

Yeah; Kirby's Epic Yarn's American release date was sometime in October. PAL's release date is set somewhere to the end of the first quarter next year (Europe has March 25 as a release date?).

Yep Nintendo and the videogames industry hate us too. Hence why we've been cruelly subjected to Wii and DS adverts featuring Jedward and the Redknapp family ._.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    um, yes, HG is $68, which is pretty much $70 yeah. Considering our currencies are practically at parity (1:1), it's like 195% of the price of the US one. Far out.

oh god what seriously? atm the price is still to be announced, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was $70.

also did I mention Kirby's Epic Yarn got delayed like half a year? Damnit.
    And I was thinking about moving there. Man, I must have been insane.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Oh, no, everything else about Australia is better than everything, except for the entertainment industries. Then again, most of the world's entertainment industries are pretty terrible in comparison with America's.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Because for the most part we're a nation of completely unbearable arseholes? Just maybe..

The whole Bush ♥ Blair thing hardly helped.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back