• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years

Sarcasm, right?....right?

Yes and no :P. I dont know if he could actually outrun his father so that was a leap of faith, but the first step of successful teenhood is not being afraid of what your parents might do to you. Ideally if you do it right, you spend your teen years training your parents while letting them believe they're training you.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    A girl at my school shaved her head, but it was for charity!

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    How did that fad get started? Was there a skinhead movie craze going around at the time?

More like a furore, that spread like wildfire through the cause of the open social circle in our school; originally, the first couple of people did it just to avoid the heat. People followed for the sake of hilarity.

This uprising was immortalised in our school yearbook which is why the yearbook photos are polluted with a myriad of bald heads.

Also, on parents, @Raichu.
    No way man, just...no. I can tell you from personal experience that people shouldn't try to transcend that boundary, just for the sake of it. Some parents might have harsher limits than children would expect. Awareness of policies on corporal punishment might be a good indicator.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    .. Training your parents? Parents training children? : | Jeeze.. it shouldn't be that way at all.

I see what SR is getting at, SR is trying to say that I should find out what my parents would punish me for so I can prevent that in the future.. I think, but how did it even come to this. I just wanted to say our family uses shaving heads as a punishment because they know we hate it... And I can't run.. anything but run. I do football, I still can't run.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    I've seen my fair share of bad parents among friends,

Your tellin me... I don't even want to start about the drug addicts in our school and the parent/parents are fine with it. And I was in 6th grade! There was a girl I knew and she and I would talk about music and she was the coolest, but it turned out she gave kids in school clear alcohol she stole from her parents. And I think her parents were fine with it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    It's a shame I don't like children; I have so much to teach them about the parent-child relationship and how to navigate it to their own advantage. I could so be the fun Uncle Andy; y'all are just sticks in the mud. :P

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Andy with children is a terrifying thought not even gonna lie. And Andy teaching children stuff is even worse.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Andrew would completely destroy any illusions that children would have about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy etc.

Nihilego

Years
    itt shining raichu is dangerous for the wellbeing of future generations

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wow razor your theme on my phone is amazing. Also shining would be a great mother and I plan to shower him with children n_n

Nihilego

Years
    Hahaha. I haven't looked at it on a phone yet but I quite like it!

Team Fail said:
    idek how I'd be with kids. Never really took the opportunity to find out.
    I imagine to find out properly you'd need to have kids of your own, lol.

That said I've been told a number of times, babysitting or reffing/coaching or whatever, that I'm really good with kids. Idk what makes me that way but it's all good I guess!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back