• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Kids make me nervous but I figure I'll be fine with my own kids, since I know I want them hahah.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    If kids today are anywhere near as monstrous as I was back then then I might as well cringe in fear whenever I end up near one if I don't scream in terror first.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Noooooooooooo kids for me, thanks. Most people already know my stance regarding children, and while the possibility is not entirely out of the question, I can't see myself having any, to be honest.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    You're 16, you're too young to have kids anyway :( Wait until you're like 20+ until you start deciding if you're good enough to be a parent!

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    If you can't even get a girlfriend, there's no point in pondering about kids to be honest. That's my problem. Can't walk until you learn to crawl. XD

But yeah, my mindset would never work with parenting. Ever. XP

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Once again, wait a bit before you say that for sure. :P I know I personally drastically changed my opinions on most everything when I went from high school to college, and even when I started the relationship I'm in now, so don't write it off, especially if you want kids, that's sad :(

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Whoops forgot about the DCC!

I love that you are unsure about me as a teacher for children - it's hilarious because until I was 14 or so, that's exactly what I wanted to be :P

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Not to keen on the idea of being a parent, although I think I would be a good one.

The main thing I've learned about parenting that no one else seems to get is that when you reward a child for doing good, then they feel good and want to do more good. When you punish them for doing bad, then they feel bad and think of themselves as being bad, which (probably) leads to bad behavior as they get older. Iow, reward them as much as possible, and punish them as little as possible... and yet everyone seems to do it exactly the opposite way. =/

So there, I taught the parents something instead of the kids. :P (Except none of you are actually parents, but you know. :P)

Years
    Wanting kids is highly dependent on the quality of the kids in question. I did some work teaching little kids English and they were really well behaved, but they were like a 1 in a 1,000 and I know if I had kids myself there's no guarantee they'd be any good.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    A lot of the people I graduated high school with have multiple children now. I don't know why. Most just dress them up and use them in those beauty pageants for small children. Hmm.

However, one of the guys I used to be in a band with has a son, and he's been an awesome dad to the kid.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
    Oui, children discussion.

It's strange. My gf's mom really wants kids early, but my parents are like "Your life is mine is you even think about kids." GF and I are on my parents side, but we're baffled on why her mom (dad is just like "eh.") really wants us to have kids so early. She's Chinese, and in many Asian cultures, once you hit 30 and you're single, you're somewhat looked down upon. Her sister is 32 (GF is 21. Yeah huge gap) and hasn't even have a boyfriend before, but she's back in Hong Kong.

It's like she wants us to rush kids because she has no faith in her first daughter having kids.

We want to have travel fun before worrying about kids >.<

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
    Ah, I'm still not big on the idea of having kids any time soon.

Eventually, yes, but right now I'm still so young myself. There are some people my age that have kids, and I realize this, but everyone is different, and I don't feel ready to take care of children. I'm sure my mom would rather I hurry up, but then when we really get to talking about it, she always sees how not in the right situation we are.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Its not the right time in my life to even consider children even if I wanted them, which I do not. I dont think Id be a good parent.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    As of now, I don't really care about kids. If I have them, then it's cool I guess, but as of now I doubt I'd actually go out of my way to make kids. The most likely way I'd have a kid is through a mistake, or a happy accident as a great man would say.

It's not the best way of thinking, but I don't care. I actually plan on being a successful person, so this kind of stuff won't ruin me.

Also is there a place for wallpaper dumps on PC? I could definitely do with a few more wallpapers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back