• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat: What even is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
If anything, just disrupt boot three times in a row, and it'll start automatic repair which will give you safe mode as an option. That might be more time consuming though.
And doing this can risk corruption of data on the disk, possibly even further than what has occurred for reasons one may need to boot into Safe Mode.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hey what's up. Anybody actually gotten the iPhone X yet?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think I'd feel very odd without the physical home-button. Even iPhone 7 spooks me out a bit with its haptic type instead of a "real" button.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
ooh yeah but it works really well for trackpads. i love my macbook 2016 and hate old style trackpads now haha.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
My aunt has the iPhone X and I tried it. I can confirm that it feels very odd without the home button, it takes time to readjust your expectations of how iOS works. Either way, I don't really care, I'm an Android person.

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
Years
That's great! I prefer to keep my dual boot systems on a separate hard drive out of space concerns. :P

Speaking of the iPhone X, there're also people who're talking about the Google Pixel 2, which is a great phone too.

Last edited:

Raffy98

Years
The Pixel 2 is great but a little expensive, I'm very attracted by the OnePlus 5T. It has impressed me with the features that it has and especially for the price. I might really get one to replace my now unsupported LG G4.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
So I'm looking to replace this keyboard I have that I'm not too fond of with a high-end mechanical.

BUT

I have a extreme razer bias, to the point I think I ignore and discredit other options that could be as good or better than a Razer board.

SO

I ask for recommendations from my fellow techies. What's good my dude(ette(s))?

Raffy98

Years
So I'm looking to replace this keyboard I have that I'm not too fond of with a high-end mechanical.

BUT

I have a extreme razer bias, to the point I think I ignore and discredit other options that could be as good or better than a Razer board.

SO

I ask for recommendations from my fellow techies. What's good my dude(ette(s))?

I replaced the Corsair Devastator keyboard with a Corsair Strafe RGB, I've had it for almost 2 years now and it's fantastic. At the time, I spent €165 to have it, but now I can find it for a bit less depending also on the type of switches that are installed.
It also has a USB passthrough on the back that you can use for your mouse.

Years
I really want to get my hands on a mechanical keyboard, but they are so damn expensive for me to even get one. ;;

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
Years
The Pixel 2 is a really nice phone, I've already sold a few at work, but I prefer the XL model because it has less space at the top and bottom where the speaker is as it looks less bulky.
Yup, the Pixel 2 XL is the phone which is most often compared with the iPhone X! Do you own either of those? :o

@ Raffy98 - The Oneplus 5T has nice specs. Definitely budget for money!

I've tried mechanical keyboards, but I've never really got used to them. Corsair, Razer, Steelseries and Logitech make decent products from the reviews I've read. Personally, I don't really buy keyboards since I use my laptop for almost everything! 8D

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I think I'm going to try and go for the Ducky Year of the Dog board, when they finally put that up for sale. And if it sells out I'll get Ducky Shine 6 I think.

I'm hearing too much good about the company to not give it a try!

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
Years
Nah. I can't stand Apple's products and the Pixel 2 is just too expensive for me right now. I'm using an S7. I probably could have gotten a standard Pixel 2 as I think it was 0 down, but I wanted expandable storage and I didn't like the bulky look.
Oh hey! I'm using the S7 too!

Yeah, I know what you mean. Spending over a thousand dollars for a phone just isn't really worth it. You could probably buy a high end laptop with the price of an iPhone X!

Raffy98

Years
Speaking of, I heard that the S9+ is gonna cost more than a thousand dollars... don't know if that's true, but a bit concerning at least.

Raffy98

Years
I mean, I really don't see the point in spending a thousand dollars on a smartphone when there are cheaper alternatives that are as good as that phone if not better in some scenarios.

Also, can we take a moment and talk about the fact that major companies are starting to put a horrendous notch on the top of their displays like Apple did with the iPhone X?

Asus Zenfone 5:
Spoiler:

OnePlus 6:
Spoiler:

Huawei P20:
Spoiler:

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
If you don't want notches on phones, then the alternative is having bezels at the top of the phone. The sensors have to be somewhere on the phone, after all.

I am not spurprised that other manufactures would follow up with similar designs after Apple made bezelless displays 'trendy' with the iPhone X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back