• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    blue said:
    Ya! I scare little children now to cross that off my list.

People to scare list:
    adults
    old people
    baby cats
    little kids
    helpless people
    Prince
    pope

Hear that I'm coming for ya' pope-y boy.
    I am not little!! Don't scurre the baby cat, kittens shouldn't be scurred.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Hey Everyone, how was your day! Today was a very exciting Day, Day II without my dad and I don't miss him a bit! I went to the beach, then we went for a Drive (me and my friends) It was fun. They want to take me to a night club today, to celebrate but whatever.

Enough about me, now you guys XD

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    My day was fine exept my mom is taunting me she baught a brand new Flat Screen computer and she knows I wanted one so she put it in her room and gave me her old one that has a small square screen, oh well I'll eventually get a good computer -_-.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I just got back from being forced to go to a bowling alley...my older sister wanted to go and forced me to come along...it was so nasty in there, everyone was smoking and I dont think that place has been cleaned since 1982...ugh...I'm glad I was only in there for an hour.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    I just got back from being forced to go to a bowling alley...my older sister wanted to go and forced me to come along...it was so nasty in there, everyone was smoking and I dont think that place has been cleaned since 1982...ugh...I'm glad I was only in there for an hour.
    I'm glad they passed laws against smoking in places like bowling alleys and restaurants in CT back in January. So now I don't have to deal with that stuff. I like to go bowling sometimes with my sister but that place just sounds awful.

As for my day... I worked. I was all alone all day again. Why does he make me work alone? Apparent;y my boss thinks I like to work all by myself. I don't mind it too much but I do like to have someone else with me... but today I was alone all day except for when I went to my friend's house for lunch. But today wasn't too bad... the weather changed every 10 minutes though. It was cloudy, then the sun would come out. It would almost rain and then the sun would come back out. It was annoying...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I think Ohio might be in the early stages of getting those type of laws passed, but there are a lot of tobacco farmers around here and I think there'd be some pretty stiff opposition...they're always like "Tobacco pays my bills!" and all that, but I've always wanted to tell one of them to just quit growing it and farm something that doesn't cause cancer and kill people -_-;; It had to be the grungiest place I've ever been...everyone in there was puffing away and chugging down whiskey and they were all staring at me, which was very unpleasant...I never want to go back there again...

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    Raven always cheers me up. I cannot wait for another new episode! Did anyone else see it? I like Phil of the Future, too. It's actually kind of funny.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to go to a place like that either. That bowling alley sounds awful. Our law is against smoking in public places like restaurants, clubs, even bars. But the law for bars was passed in April while the others were in January. So now there isn't a smoking section in restaurants anymore and I for one don't miss it. My friend's mom used to smoke (before she had to quit due to heart problems) and I would go to breakfast to Friendly's with them and we'd have to sit in the smoking room. I hated it but I didn't want to say anything. Even at work most of the teens smoke. A lot of them smoke pot too (that's what they do on their lunch break). I really hate when they smoke near me though. And they're allowed cigarette breaks too.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Luckily more and more places that I go have become non-smoking, but there are still places like Pizza Hut and a lot of small businesses in town that allow it...I was once going to go to a new place that opened up for lunch, but once I got in there I ran straight out because it was full up AND everyone was smoking...and there was a card shop I used to go to that stank like smoke all the time, and even worse, I heard that a lot of drug dealers and hookers hung out in the back rooms there...even our county flag is a tobacco leaf with seventeen stars around it, which is pretty darned embarassing if you ask me...I don't understand how we can take so much pride in how much tobacco we produce and sell...but I guess I'm going to have to live with the smoke, it's a way of life around here =/

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Your county flag is like that? That is pretty awful. I don't think we have county flags here... county's aren't really important in CT. Out in the rural part of the state we grow tobacco too. But not near where I live. I would hate to live somewhere like that. Well anyway, I don't have to deal with smokers in places like restaurants anymore... but work and school are another issue. Almost everyone in my high school smokes. It's awful really. There was even a guy freshman year that would stand just off school grounds and sell drugs to high schoolers. My friend's brother even got arrested earlier this year for pot. It's just awful...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Oh, our school is teeming with druggies...as soon as they're off school grounds, almost anyone who walks or drives home begins smoking a cigarette or marijuana or something like that...and when they're completely out of sight, everyone usually gets some weed or crack or oxycontin and gets high...I can't believe how many drug-addicts there are at school, like 90% of the kids at school have got to be addicted to something...

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I really wish they'd just go ahead and ban smoking altogether, make it illegal. But they won't, because it generates a lot of tax for the government. It costs around 70 p (that's around $1.20) to make 20 cigarettes, and they sell them in the UK for around ?4.90 (roughly $8.50), that's 700% tax!

Seriously, it's just wrong to make something legal that kills people, especially if it's just to make money (I'm very anti-capitalist, BTW). For that matter, they should make alcohol illegal as well, that does just as much damage as cigarettes to the body.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    Toothache said:
    I really wish they'd just go ahead and ban smoking altogether, make it illegal. But they won't, because it generates a lot of tax for the government. It costs around 70 p (that's around $1.20) to make 20 cigarettes, and they sell them in the UK for around ?4.90 (roughly $8.50), that's 700% tax!

Seriously, it's just wrong to make something legal that kills people, especially if it's just to make money (I'm very anti-capitalist, BTW). For that matter, they should make alcohol illegal as well, that does just as much damage as cigarettes to the body.

They ban tobacco, it'll be the next crack, considering how addictive it is (one of the most addictive drugs) How much it's costing now, and people are still paying, and all that people know about it, and they're still smoking. the addictiveness of it isn't partially because it makes you feel "special" or anything like other drugs, it's just that they get your body addicted to that point. That's why, if they were able to do a test of just how the body reacts to the withdrawl, not the mind, I'd bet money that tobacco would be the most adddictive currently known substance.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    That's exactly the reason they won't make it illegal. It makes a lot of money for the gov't. Majority of students in my school do some sort of drug. Drinking is a huge issue as well. There were some stats in my town news paper saying my class drank the most out of the four high school classes. In September a whole bunch of kids in my class got suspended for being drunk at a school dance. It's just awful...

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    There's a weed-patch somewhere in on this Estate, like near the hills. I don't know if they grow tobacco anywhere in my City, but weed is something they grow. -_-. Weed is aggrivating to the point where it's a common drug

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I don't see what all the big rush is about, especially when it comes to alcohol. When I was back in high school (if you don't know, the UK high schools are for 11-16 year olds), I knew quite a few people who drank, and as I went up in years, most of my class talked about their drinking. I just wasn't interested.

First time I started drinking alcohol, is just on my 18th birthday - the legal drinking age in the UK is 18, if you didn't know - and it made me throw up the first time. After a while, I got used to it, and I do drink socially every so often with my friends.

Even so, I do agree in making alcohol illegal. Just looking around at the number of drunks, alcoholics (especially the violent kind) and children born with alcohol related illnesses, it stands to reason that drinking isn't a good thing for us humans, no matter what people might say.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    Alcohal can be bad, but prohibition is taking it too far. I think cigarettes should be made illegal before alcohal! That's just my opinion, but, whatever. When I'm 21, i won't go out and become an alcohalic just because I can, I probably won't even drink that much, only occasionally (Like I do now, ^_~)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back