• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    ^^NICK^^ v.3.0 said:
    Alcohal can be bad, but prohibition is taking it too far. I think cigarettes should be made illegal before alcohal! That's just my opinion, but, whatever. When I'm 21, i won't go out and become an alcohalic just because I can, I probably won't even drink that much, only occasionally (Like I do now, ^_~)

I will agree with you there. I'd rather they got rid of smoking first, if only to eliminate passive smoking. Alcohol is slightly less damaging because it's only your body that's being damaged, where as smoking effects people around you as well.

As for alcohol, prohibition didn't really stop people back in the 1920's, but then it was just stopped altogether. What they are doing with smoking is cutting back slowly, adding more and more laws and restrictions on where you can and cannot smoke. It might help put off some people, but then there is the addiction factor to consider. Overall, the slow cutting back before illegalizing something is probably the best idea.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    ^^NICK^^ v.3.0 said:
    Alcohal can be bad, but prohibition is taking it too far. I think cigarettes should be made illegal before alcohal! That's just my opinion, but, whatever. When I'm 21, i won't go out and become an alcohalic just because I can, I probably won't even drink that much, only occasionally (Like I do now, ^_~)

Lol Nick, like i do now!

Cigarettes are just bad...Lord forgive me for trying them. I've gotten drunk before, it's not something to be proud of either. Cigarettes are just plain bad, and they should be illegal, but wait! With all the Crackers in the U.S. doing Crack, Cigarettes are just a little boy's toy compared to Mommy Weed and Daddy ...some other drug

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    Dizzy said:
    Lol Nick, like i do now!

Cigarettes are just bad...Lord forgive me for trying them. I've gotten drunk before, it's not something to be proud of either. Cigarettes are just plain bad, and they should be illegal, but wait! With all the Crackers in the U.S. doing Crack, Cigarettes are just a little boy's toy compared to Mommy Weed and Daddy ...some other drug

You have tried cigarrettes? Well, I have never tried any, and I do not intend to try any in my lifetime. I would act like I'm shocked that you've tried alcohol, but I have too. =X Now don't start thinking that I drank a lot, because I didn't, I only had a sip of it, and at that time I thought it tasted nasty (but I was like 11).

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I do admit to trying cigarettes, but only once, and I coughed my lungs up afterwards, so I said, never again. And apart from passively, I've never smoked since. Although, that is getting easier to avoid nowadays, so I'm grateful. Less smoking in public places is a good thing!

Dark Heaven

Brighter than dawning blue.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    Dizzy said:
    Lol Nick, like i do now!

Well, I hate drugs. X_x
    They are not good for you.
    I don't even think about try it. ^_^

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I would never smoke...for one thing, I have asthma and it gets kicked up by secondhand smoke, so imagine what it would be like if I were to actually smoke a cigarette...besides, it funds a horrible industry that makes money from the addiction and suffering of others...tobacco is destructive, no matter how much people enjoy it, it's still deadly...as other people said, the government makes so much money from cigarette taxes, not to mention that they don't have to pay out social security once people die from tobacco-related diseases...

Alcohol is disgusting, it turns people into monsters...I've never had a drop, I never will; not even wine. Drunkards cause too much death and destruction every day; wrecking, beating, murdering, stealing...it's horribly dangerous, and even though prohibition would never be possible ever again (it actually increased the popularity of alcohol because of all the distilleries, speakeasies, etc...) it would be great if there were limits or stricter punishment for commiting a crime while drunk...

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    sorry to hear that, Gian Boio. Raven really made me happy. I love that show. I love Degrassi, too, but I don't get it, darn special digital cable channels!!!! Well, I'll see it eventually.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    That dern dare thread is becoming the thorn in my bottom. Shoot, everyboy's got those conflabbed dare things in their signatures. Oh, FOOEY!

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Yesh! And Im a Girl! ^ ^
    And I love Barbies! XD
    And Im Zapchu's 1# Stalker! XD
    And my User Title aint a dare... ^ ^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back