• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Moob Chat [now with 90% more Elf Gynecomastia. GO ON PO SERVER (ANNOUNCEMENT)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
  • Well...maybe AromaBliss will make a big comeback. :D lol

This game is looking like it'll be completely different. More so than I think any generation has changed. O.O

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    It looks really fun imo.
    Then again thats cause all I've looked at have been the wifi battles of people who use sets that might work.
    Mainly I see that mole sweeping about everything.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • i've been playing some random wifi matches and have been doing some speculation on sets/strats and it just feels like they barely added any new utility to the game.

they provided a highly imbalanced set of tools to some pokes and none to others. 4th gen was beyond amazing for what it did to the metagame but this gen just feels like an overhaul of the current status of the metagame, as opposed to an improvement of it.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i've been playing some random wifi matches and have been doing some speculation on sets/strats and it just feels like they barely added any new utility to the game.

they provided a highly imbalanced set of tools to some pokes and none to others. 4th gen was beyond amazing for what it did to the metagame but this gen just feels like an overhaul of the current status of the metagame, as opposed to an improvement of it.

Oh i guess if you put it like that...i do see what you mean. Meh ill have to try it myself first before i can decide if it blows lol.

What is the most threatening thing so far ? Doryuuzu (the mole thing) seems to be getting alot of attention, people are saying it kinda shreds everything lol

Oh on a side note, i was looking at PR on smogon and some of the ubers are going to be suspect tested next gen.

The general consensus is that anything <670 BST is most likely gonna be tested.

Code:
    Darkrai
    Mew
    Deoxys (all)
    Garchomp
    Lati@s
    Manaphy
    Mew
    Salamence
    Skymin-S
    Wobby
    Wynaut

Those^

There have been calls for Lugia and Ho-oh and Giratina forme to be tested too.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Its completely stupid to test that stuff. Some users (Rising_Dusk) wants Mew to be tested and I was arguing with a user Destiny Warrior on IRC that Ho-Oh should not be tested (he thinks otherwise). Its a complete clustermuck. Just do it like they did for 3rd gen, leave everything banned, then drop stuff down later as they see fit. Everything worked so much better when smogon was a smaller community, methinks.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I was just being dramatic for effect because of the new way that sleep works. I probably won't be able to participate because of this stupid computer. I'll probably participate in this forum still though until I get something else. I love too many of these new Pokemon to not try them out competitively. (Especially Shanderaa)

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Its completely stupid to test that stuff. Some users (Rising_Dusk) wants Mew to be tested and I was arguing with a user Destiny Warrior on IRC that Ho-Oh should not be tested (he thinks otherwise). Its a complete clustermuck. Just do it like they did for 3rd gen, leave everything banned, then drop stuff down later as they see fit. Everything worked so much better when smogon was a smaller community, methinks.

You are entirely forgetting that 4th gen OU was a heavily centralized mess. If you weren't using the top 15 Pokémon, you were either playing stall or were not a good player. Much like Kyogre can run through an entire team unprepared for it, so can Heatran, Scizor, or countless others.

Ho-Oh is a really ****** Pokemon. Yes, 100 power stab Fire move with 50% burn chance. But first of all, it's a fire move. Second, Ho-Oh gets raped by Stealth Rock, which matters much more for it than other Fire-Flying types as it relies on Brave Bird as it's strongest STAB move. Third, many Fire-resist Pokémon were introduced this gen, and trickBand/Scarf/Specs got boosted as you can no longer be locked into Trick or Switcheroo.

Early 4th gen was a horrible mess. It was working based on outdated ideals of what a good metagame was, when 4th gen barely resembled 3rd gen. So many more powerful Pokemon, the physical special split, I could go on. And now, we're going to carry some of those 3rd gen ideals further, over into 5th gen, which resembles it even less.

I ask you this: What makes you qualified to say what is and what isn't good for the community? More members means more and better opinions and longer and better thought out discussions. With more people, the bad ideas get weeded out more quickly. In this case, sticking to an outdated set of ideals is a bad idea.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You are entirely forgetting that 4th gen OU was a heavily centralized mess. If you weren't using the top 15 Pokémon, you were either playing stall or were not a good player. Much like Kyogre can run through an entire team unprepared for it, so can Heatran, Scizor, or countless others.

This is complete BS and you know it. Kyogre has literally only a handful of Pokemon who can switch into it (Soul Dew Latias is 2HKO'd in Rain for example by Water Spout alone) and Heatran has lots. -_____- Kyogre summons auto weather, Kyogre has a ridiculously powerful Water Spout, Heatran does not. Kyogre beats all its counters and checks with various sets it runs, Heatran does not. Kyogre makes it easy to abuse the rain with Kabutops, Kingdra and god knows what else this gen. +2 speed +1 STAB boost through the whole battle is retarded. The only reason rain isnt too hard to deal with now is because it expires. Scizor etc ripping through an unprepared team is NOTHING like what Kyogre does.

If you weren't using the top 15 Pokémon, you were either playing stall or were not a good player.

...and im not even going to address this garbage assumption.

Ho-Oh is a really ****** Pokemon. Yes, 100 power stab Fire move with 50% burn chance. But first of all, it's a fire move. Second, Ho-Oh gets raped by Stealth Rock, which matters much more for it than other Fire-Flying types as it relies on Brave Bird as it's strongest STAB move. Third, many Fire-resist Pokémon were introduced this gen, and trickBand/Scarf/Specs got boosted as you can no longer be locked into Trick or Switcheroo.

Uh how is trick relevant ? Anyways 1. Do not bypass the censor or ill infract you. 2. You greatly underestimate Ho-Oh. I swear to god most people who want this tested dont know crap about ubers. Can you think of anything that can take a hit from it, because i mean i sure cant. ._. Sacred Fire makes all its physical switch ins moot and i mean nothing that even resists fire in ou can do much to it (Heatran) and/or are frail (Infernape) or cant do squat to it (i.e Suicune 4HKO's defensive variations with Surf so its very possible Ho-Oh outstalls it. ._.). Brave Bird also 2hko's resists (Heatran and Tar with SR up) Regeneration restores 33% of that 50% you lose on switching out and its not like Ho-Oh cant Roost lol. We also have that ridiculous mole to spin too now so its not like SR is that hard to stop and also priority Taunt and Magic Coat etc.

On a side note i like the new sleep mechanic actually. This time you wont get screwed by

Gyarados Woke up
    Gyarados used Sleep Talk
    But it Failed!

as much lol.

But i usually pack 2 Rest Talkers anyway so ill avoid this problem lol

lol @ Mew though, poor thing. Since the only thing its used for BPing and we now have Dragon Tail, Priority Taunt/Encore and Overhead-Throw to phaze it lol.

I do like the possibilities of Lugia though and Deoxys-D. I think speed (i really hope), attack and normal will not be tested since people are hesitant about it.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Its completely stupid to test that stuff. Some users (Rising_Dusk) wants Mew to be tested and I was arguing with a user Destiny Warrior on IRC that Ho-Oh should not be tested (he thinks otherwise). Its a complete clustermuck. Just do it like they did for 3rd gen, leave everything banned, then drop stuff down later as they see fit. Everything worked so much better when smogon was a smaller community, methinks.

Daily Moob Chat [now with 90% more Elf Gynecomastia. GO ON PO SERVER (ANNOUNCEMENT)]

Seriously, you complain too much. You make Anti seem like Mr. Rogers.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I don't mind testing many "assumed" Ubers like Mew, but I can't help but wonder if it will simply take too long. The Latias test took far too long, Salamence lingered in OU for nearly two years (after getting Outrage) before being banned despite being Uber (in the view of the Smogon Council), and even Manaphy was something of a pain. If all of these old favorites (and Garchomp) are going to be tested plus four Deoxys forms, Mew, Darkrai, maybe Ho-oh, Wobbuffet/Wynaut, and Shaymin-S, I really worry about it taking forever. I don't know what the process will be though, so hopefully it is a process that gives us more than a month to play in our finalized metagame, lol.

As for Attack and Normal Deoxys, I think both could potentially be moved down if they were tested. I mean, you couldn't switch Infernape into a ScarfTran Fire Blast, and Infernape's defenses are far superior to those of both of the aforementioned Deoxys forms. They have power, undoubtedly, but dominating a tier full of generally bulky Pokemon, Choice Scarfers, and Steel-types isn't easy for Pokemon with those builds. Or at least, that's how I theorymon it to be ;D. It's sorta hard to predict since a metagame hasn't taken shape.

How does the new sleep mechanic work?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • In 5th gen Sleep acts like in 4th gen, but with a new characteristic reminiscent of Toxic poison:
    _each time a sleeping Pokémon (even if it is self-induced via Rest) switches its "sleep counter" will be reseted to the same value that was chosen by the game when the sleeping move hit the Pokémon (it will reset to 3 if the sleeping move was Rest);

For example:
    _Turn 1: Doredia used Sleep Powder against Machamp, Machamp fell asleep, its sleep counter is now 4 (it will sleep during 3 turns);
    _Turn 2: Machamp's sleep counter is now 3 and it's still asleep;
    _Turn 3: Machamp switches to another Pokémon, its sleep counter will reset to 4;
    _Turn 4: Machamp is sent out again;
    _Turn 5: Machamp's sleep counter is 3 and it's still asleep;
    _Turn 6: Machamp's sleep counter is 2 and it's still asleep;
    _Turn 7: Machamp's sleep counter is 1 and it's still asleep;
    _Turn 8: Machamp switches to another Pokémon, its sleep counter will reset to 4;
    _Turn 9: Machamp is sent out again;
    _Turn 10: Machamp's sleep counter is 3 and it's still asleep;
    _Turn 11: Machamp's sleep counter is 2 and it's still asleep;
    _Turn 12: Machamp's sleep counter is 1 and it's still asleep;
    _Turn 13: Machamp's sleep counter is 0, Machamp awakes and uses whatever move he'll use (for example DynamicPunch)

Actually, don't try clicking the "find quote" thingy. It seems to be a little too greasy for my opinion

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't mind testing many "assumed" Ubers like Mew, but I can't help but wonder if it will simply take too long. The Latias test took far too long, Salamence lingered in OU for nearly two years (after getting Outrage) before being banned despite being Uber (in the view of the Smogon Council), and even Manaphy was something of a pain. If all of these old favorites (and Garchomp) are going to be tested plus four Deoxys forms, Mew, Darkrai, maybe Ho-oh, Wobbuffet/Wynaut, and Shaymin-S, I really worry about it taking forever. I don't know what the process will be though, so hopefully it is a process that gives us more than a month to play in our finalized metagame, lol.

As for Attack and Normal Deoxys, I think both could potentially be moved down if they were tested. I mean, you couldn't switch Infernape into a ScarfTran Fire Blast, and Infernape's defenses are far superior to those of both of the aforementioned Deoxys forms. They have power, undoubtedly, but dominating a tier full of generally bulky Pokemon, Choice Scarfers, and Steel-types isn't easy for Pokemon with those builds. Or at least, that's how I theorymon it to be ;D. It's sorta hard to predict since a metagame hasn't taken shape.

How does the new sleep mechanic work?

It should hopefully give us alot more time to play since it took us untill late 2008 to even start suspect tests lol. I think we now have a faster suspect process too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back