• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • he/him
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Tomorrow. For $30 on XBOX Live. I will enter the world of assassination.

Give me Hitman. Give it to me.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
After a bit of deliberation, I just got Call of Duty 2 of course via the on-going moneydump i meant steam holiday sale a few hours ago and finally i thought to myself, something else to play other than my usual flavors of "RIP n TEAR", "Mojave Wastelands", and "Duke 3D". I forgot that CoD2 didn't have sprinting yet I keep slapping that Shift Key thinking that I would sprint, only for it to be the old school rifle butt slap or the pistol whip. Oh and yes, PPSH41.. I gotta love the Soviet campaign in said game for having said SMG as a standard issue for the NPC soviets.

and while I was enjoying some CoD2 campaign, my beloved dog finally came back after months and months of treatment under the care of our dogs' veterinarian.

bnhWVMe.jpg
Bva9b87.jpg

Feelsgood.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • he/him
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Call Of Duty 2 might be top 3 in Call Of Duty campaigns.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • he/him
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
What fills out your top 3? First Black Ops and Call of Duty 4 would probably fill out the top 3 for me. I would put World at War in there but...grenades shudders

Yeah, that sounds about right. MW2 closely behind.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • he/him
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Put 25 days into the MW2 multiplayer. Haven't come close since.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Blowing up tanks in the CoD2 soviet campaign was actually quite fun. Not a cutscene. You actually have to run towards em to plant the explosive charges.

Danger Close Pro + One Man Army Pro + Ninja Pro

Was going to put in a related gif but found this instead and feel the need to add it lol:

video-game-memes-then-comes-ragequit.gif

Painkiller + Commando. Oh how i knew how to avoid people who were dropped several times because you knew that they would run that death streak, and of course everyone ran Commando.

Beat cancer with aids they say ;)

Speaking of things in MW2, which aside from the hilariously overpowered rich-get-richer kill streaks, I kinda fondly remember abusing Akimbo 1887s before they were patched. It was basically the kind of fair justice needed for shotguns since historically speaking, Shotguns were never a good weapon in a game where people die insanely fast in almost any distance (2 feet or 2000 feet away). I mean you had people with ACRs and UMP45 in MW2 which were insanely great weapons, but blowing their faces of with akimbo model 1887s from unbelievable ranges were the best... before Infinity Ward patched them.

UMP45 primary (Silencer)
Model 1887 akimbo secondary
Scavenger, Stopping Power, Steady Aim

that was probably my favorite loadout in all of MW2. The arguably best long range SMG in the UMP45, the incredibly clutch Model 1887 akimbo secondaries. I didn't want to run the AA12 extended mag as a secondary because it was overkill. The only real weakness of the UMP was that it had a slow rate of fire compared to other SMGs so in a close quarters situation, challenging someone with an MP5k, Vector, or the Mini Uzi could be a problem, but you'd usually outrange them anyway.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Blowing up tanks in the CoD2 soviet campaign was actually quite fun. Not a cutscene. You actually have to run towards em to plant the explosive charges.

Painkiller + Commando. Oh how i knew how to avoid people who were dropped several times because you knew that they would run that death streak, and of course everyone ran Commando.

Beat cancer with aids they say ;)

Speaking of things in MW2, which aside from the hilariously overpowered rich-get-richer kill streaks, I kinda fondly remember abusing Akimbo 1887s before they were patched. It was basically the kind of fair justice needed for shotguns since historically speaking, Shotguns were never a good weapon in a game where people die insanely fast in almost any distance (2 feet or 2000 feet away). I mean you had people with ACRs and UMP45 in MW2 which were insanely great weapons, but blowing their faces of with akimbo model 1887s from unbelievable ranges were the best... before Infinity Ward patched them.

UMP45 primary (Silencer)
Model 1887 akimbo secondary
Scavenger, Stopping Power, Steady Aim

that was probably my favorite loadout in all of MW2. The arguably best long range SMG in the UMP45, the incredibly clutch Model 1887 akimbo secondaries. I didn't want to run the AA12 extended mag as a secondary because it was overkill. The only real weakness of the UMP was that it had a slow rate of fire compared to other SMGs so in a close quarters situation, challenging someone with an MP5k, Vector, or the Mini Uzi could be a problem, but you'd usually outrange them anyway.

I honestly wasn't a big fan of the Model 1887's. Personally, I thought that the Spaz was the best shotgun in the game. Power and range was superb on that gun, and if you could master the drop shot you could be extremely deadly with it.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I honestly wasn't a big fan of the Model 1887's. Personally, I thought that the Spaz was the best shotgun in the game. Power and range was superb on that gun, and if you could master the drop shot you could be extremely deadly with it.

Oh god, I remember this friend of mine who made a career out of the Spaz and Akimbo models during his MW2 play time. He kept a meaty 5.00 something KDA career KDA playing a combination of Search and respawn modes where he would run around with his rifle or SMG but suddenly dropshot people with his Spaz or go ANHULD with his akimbo Models (before the models were nerfed)

AA12 Extended Mag Secondaries, while i did use them, can still kinda suck it though. Those guys with their ACRs + AA12 EXT Mag secondaries... ugh... such a meta loadout.

Oh god, Gears 1 MP and the "Shotgun meta". I oh how I remember the days.

Gnasher + Host advantage:
f4DVz3X.png

Yep. The guy with the Gnasher and the host advantage was free to flak people to death with it. Better stay away from the host who's 21-1 with his Gnasher.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • he/him
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Already one campaign down out of the 7 I resolved to complete before the Nintendo Switch released. Titanfall 2, brilliant campaign.

Now, onto the next!!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Titanfall 2 has a great campaign doesnt it?! My only wish was that it had more worlds that you got to see, like the first! But that makes it harder to have a great story.

BT : ' (

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Titanfall 2 has a great campaign doesnt it?! My only wish was that it had more worlds that you got to see, like the first! But that makes it harder to have a great story.

BT : ' (

How would you feel if Titanfall 2 came out with a SP DLC that expanded upon the story with different worlds?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
How would you feel if Titanfall 2 came out with a SP DLC that expanded upon the story with different worlds?

I love SP DLC. It rarely happens any more, especially for multiplayer focused games! They better make that BT rumor true though...

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Holy RadRoaches! I actually thought that the VG subforum was moved somewhere but why is it in the very bottom of the site's frontpage >:V OTL

Also, going to be playing some Overwatch and see if I'm any better with whatever patch there is. I'll probably be still be boosted but its all good. Time to have some fun.,

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • he/him
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Highly considering buying Aqua Kitty and Oxenfree for the PS4. Both are getting disk releases from Limited Run Games this month.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Stylin with Reaper:
amkYod4.jpg

Bringin it back. I've been playing nothing but Soldier 76 and Junkrat but its great to go back to basics and just kill people with style.

h87jVR1.jpg

Also, I'm lovin the Diablo 3 related content in Overwatch. The new sprays are lovely. Also, i just figured that Diablo is indeed celebrating its anniversary. I'm proud at the boys and chicks at Blizzard for giving us these lovely games. And yes I indeed use the Demon Hunter spray with Reaper just because they fit lovely together.

Heck, I might play D3 for the kicks and try out that Necromancer class.

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • he/him
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Been doing the Infinite Warfare campaign today. Very fun. Taking the time to do all the side missions available before moving on to the next main mission. Gimmie that GamerScore!!

Back