• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    It doesn't have to be shooters, a lot of AAA titles from 2005-2009 all could easily hit that mark, and a lot of them are WRPGs, racing games, and even strategy games. 100 games with each hitting 20gigs is an easy thing to do without keeping things in check.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Oh I know the joys of space saving for pirating, but it was the topic at hand I was answering to. I have like what, 3 external drives at a terabyte each?

Years
    Piracy is illegal, which means I'm not going to be pirating anything anytime soon. Even if it's hard to actually be caught, I'm not risking getting caught by my university.

Years
    It doesn't have to be shooters, a lot of AAA titles from 2005-2009 all could easily hit that mark, and a lot of them are WRPGs, racing games, and even strategy games. 100 games with each hitting 20gigs is an easy thing to do without keeping things in check.

Could you keep your mind on 100 games at a time? I'm a person who tackles gaming one at a time as projects - in that I'll play CoD: Ghosts one week, and complete Borderlands the two weeks after that, and then run through Tales of Phantasia over the course of the following month. Of course, there are games I play constitutively like the Counterstrikes and HoMM3. In any case, I only have attention for one or two blockbusters at a given time, as well as the few I play on the side.

You guys obviously don't pirate anything lol. TV shows take up a ton of space!

And I don't watch TV. Games consume enough time by themselves ;;

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Backups more than anything are what take up most of the space on my 1TB external hard drive right now..

Same with me as well, even though mine's not just backup from the PC's data, I'm storing the files that I used when I'm editing videos too that it fills much of my external hard drive.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
    With internet speeds increasing, and the availability of "unlimited" downloads, it means people have access to a lot more data. People can easily download huge amounts of movies, songs, tv shows and such overnight.

The big rise in pirating sites has aided this as well, as all these large downloads are stored in one spot.

(For me, I have 600-800GB in Steam games alone. Not sure how, exactly, but games like TF2 take up about 10-12GB I think?)

I was curious so I had to check;
    Skyrim: 56.4GB
    Oblivion: 35.9GB
    Fallout3: 28.8GB
    Fallout NV: 26.1GB

It occurs to me that I may download a few too many mods.

You guys obviously don't pirate anything lol. TV shows take up a ton of space!

Naturally, I'm a well behaved adult woman and as such I would never pirate anything.
    Music: 213.1GB
    Movies: 180.0GB
    Pictures: 21GB
    TV: 71.3GB

Perhaps I'll buy myself a new hard drive for Christmas.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Could you keep your mind on 100 games at a time? I'm a person who tackles gaming one at a time as projects - in that I'll play CoD: Ghosts one week, and complete Borderlands the two weeks after that, and then run through Tales of Phantasia over the course of the following month. Of course, there are games I play constitutively like the Counterstrikes and HoMM3. In any case, I only have attention for one or two blockbusters at a given time, as well as the few I play on the side.

And I don't watch TV. Games consume enough time by themselves ;;
    It doesn't have to do with keeping 100 games on my mind as much as it has to do with steam sales. Its a bottomless pit that thing.

Years
    I can't believe that I'm paranoid enough on running low on hard drive space to be honest and I don't really even pirate content at all..

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't really pirate either, to be honest. Well, at least not anymore. Last time I've done it was about six years ago, I think, while I was trying to get a hold of some anime episodes. xD"

Years
    I can't believe that I'm paranoid enough on running low on hard drive space to be honest and I don't really even pirate content at all..

How much space do you have on your HDD? I have a 240 GB SSD but I'm not in danger of running out of space anytime soon.

Years
    I will consider getting an SSD when ~300GB hits an affordable $150. It seems like a decent amount of space for all my applications, recent & storage-speed-intensive games. Everything else can go on a TB drive. Right now 240GB is around $200 for a budget one right? It's just 60-100GB too small for my liking XD

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Yep, SSD is too pricey at the moment. But as our wonderful tech dcc helped me discover, the hybrids work just as well and are as cheap as normal HDDs as well, so there's that option too.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I was curious so I had to check;
    Skyrim: 56.4GB
    Oblivion: 35.9GB
    Fallout3: 28.8GB
    Fallout NV: 26.1GB

It occurs to me that I may download a few too many mods.

Naturally, I'm a well behaved adult woman and as such I would never pirate anything.
    Music: 213.1GB
    Movies: 180.0GB
    Pictures: 21GB
    TV: 71.3GB

Perhaps I'll buy myself a new hard drive for Christmas.

Atta girl. Dat music though, omg!

Music: 57.6GB
    Movies: 308GB
    Pictures: N/A
    TV: 783.9GB
    Books: 26.3GB
    Apps: 23.3GB
    Documentaries: 8.3GB

^ Those habits are why I need a 4TB External. :x

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Unless those shows are direct non-compressed rips of blu-rays, omfg how many shows are those 700 gigs?!

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
    Atta girl. Dat music though, omg!

Music: 57.6GB
    Movies: 308GB
    Pictures: N/A
    TV: 783.9GB
    Books: 26.3GB
    Apps: 23.3GB
    Documentaries: 8.3GB

^ Those habits are why I need a 4TB External. :x

I have 3 bookshelves of books, yet no non-physcial books :p

Unless those shows are direct non-compressed rips of blu-rays, omfg how many shows are those 700 gigs?!

Each season of Pokemon is 10+gigs alone, and that's a dated anime which is much less filesize per episode than a live action show.

I imagine stuff like 5seasons of Doctor Who would be pretty hefty on the filesize.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back