• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Day Nine] - Do you still play these games today?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    [Day Nine] - Do you still play these games today?

Do you, or would you still continue to play the Pokemon RBY or LG/FR games, even with games such as Let's Go! Pikachu/Eevee approaching us? Why would, or wouldn't you continue to play these games?​

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't, but this is because... in all honesty, RBY and FRLG imo aged pretty terribly. It's kinda hard to replay these games and not feel how dated they are in some sense. For me, all that's left is the nostalgia factor and I don't really feel it strongly enough to go back and replay these games. :c

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    I'm playing FireRed on and off for the first time. Misty's Starmie has been a pain so I haven't returned yet.

^_^ Welcome to my world on Yellow lol. I can reduce her Accuracy to -6 and she still finds a way to KO a Pokemon once in awhile. I still play Yellow because its the only game I have(not that I'd play Gen VII 24/7 if I had it. While the games haven't aged well, nostalgia and freedom to do w/e I want is pretty nice).

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Well, I wouldn't mind playing FR/LG, but it's not like I would go head over heels for it...Especially since I don't own a Switch :pink_frown:

Years
    Yep, I've already been in Kanto 8 times and have another 3 adventures in progress. I prefer FRLG, because RBY really haven't aged well.

Why would, or wouldn't you continue to play these games over LGPE?
    Because so far, they are more appealing that LGPE. And I don't own Switch yet.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Nah, I don't have any physical copies of RBY / FRLG on me. I'd need an emulator to play them. They'd also feel a little too dated, like Angie said, and I'd rather replay Kanto through LGPE! ^ ^

I don't have a Switch yet though. :'(

Back